What's new

What is your favorite Turkic Muslim Empire?

Pick one

• Total voters
No, they were not, unless Central-Asia was inhabited by Iranians which is stupid. Iranians were the subjects of Safavids. Not the rulers. The rulers were Turkic peoples that invaded Iran from Central-Asia. Today the descendants of Safavids are Azerbaijani. They speak the langauge Safavids spoke, which is Turkic, that is why we Anatolian Turks can understand them.

Actually It was a Persian Empire. Read more about it if you like. Safavid dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The dynasty founded by Ismail I would rule for two centuries, it was one of the greatest Persian empires after the Muslim conquest of Persia it also reasserted the Iranian identity in Greater Iran, the legacy of the Safavid Empire was also the revival of Persia as an economic stronghold between East and West, the establishment of an efficient state and bureaucracy, their architectural innovations and their patronage for fine arts."

The Turkic Empire during the time of the Safavid Empire was actually the Ottoman Empire, which originated in 1299.
All three, Mughal, Ottoman and Safavid Empire were present at the same time. But the ottoman empire lasted the longest, lasting over 600 years.

And also, the Mughal Empire was a highly Persianized Empire ruled by a dynasty of Chagatai-Turkic origin. (Turko-Mongol Khanate).

I think the favorite Turkic empire is between the Ottomans....and if I'm allowed to chose a Turko-Persian Empire? I'd chose the Great Seljuq Empire.

No, they were not, unless Central-Asia was inhabited by Iranians which is stupid. Iranians were the subjects of Safavids. Not the rulers. The rulers were Turkic peoples that invaded Iran from Central-Asia. Today the descendants of Safavids are Azerbaijani. They speak the langauge Safavids spoke, which is Turkic, that is why we Anatolian Turks can understand them.

Actually you are wrong. Sheikh safi Safi-ad-din Ardabili - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who is ancestor of Safavids, was from Ardabil, and he was not from central asia tribes at all. He was an Azerbaijani.

Back
Top Bottom