• Yemen

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Iraq

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me..Favourite Arabic country is Yemen. I have stayed there for 3 months in the early 2010 when it was very peaceful and i loved every bit of it. Food, Hospitality, Heritage, Simplicity.....and the the only issue i found that there was the tribal sectarianism between the Yemenis.

All the 22 Arab countries and Arab League member states with the exception of Somalia and Comoros share the same ancient Semitic civilizations and cultures. In pre-Islamic times the entire current Arab world spoke Semitic languages or other languages belonging to the Afroasiatic language family (oldest major linguistic group in the world) with overall very similar ancient civilizations. That is why those territories had no problem with adopting Arabic and while other nearby territories did not adopt Arabic despite being ruled by Arabs. Similar to how us Arabs and Semites used Aramaic as our lingua franca in pre-Islamic times. Arabs today, including the Arabs on the Arabian Peninsula, are a mixture of those various related ancient Semitic peoples and Arabs (non-Arabs an non-Semites included obviously when being located between 3 major continents - Africa, Europe, Asia) which modern genetic tests confirm. Even to this day you have native speakers of other Semitic languages than Arabic on the Arabian Peninsula. Known as Southern Arabian languages but in reality they are very distinctive languages not mutually intelligible with Arabic at all.

As the Arab world is one of the richest areas in terms of history if not the richest arguably each current Arab country has a very rich heritage with very few exceptions. Be it Islamic or pre-Islamic. Which all the World UNESCO Heritage Sites and archaeological heritage sites confirm although very little has been excavated.

This thread below should give the best good overview of some of the heritage, ancient history, landscapes etc. of Arab country x and y on PDF by far.

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Regarding this thread then the author of this thread forgot Oman. Which is very much one of the jewels of Arabia and a unique country with staggering mountains, amazing coastline (some of the best tropical beaches out there), deserts, ancient cities, castles, palaces and forts in the several hundreds and even tropical areas in the South (Dhofar) due to the monsoon rains that also have a impact in parts of KSA and Yemen.

In Oman, innovation meets tradition

Saudi Arabia. They managed to spread their culture and religion throughout the world even when they had no resources at all. And even today, wherever they go they and no matter how much they are criticized, they are not ashamed in practicing every aspect of their culture (eg. their clothing, names, religion etc.).

Almost all other peoples and cultures have changed much more than the Saudi Arabians.

People can say what they want but what you have written there above are historical facts. Although some of us would want changes on several fields to arrive which hopefully will be the case in the near future.
I love kingdom of shiekhistan :smitten:

:cheers:
Saudi Arabia. :cheers:

:cheers:

If its totally for tourism, I would love to visit KSA. @al-Hasani has tempted me too much to miss that beautiful landscape.

Other threads of interest;

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland | Page 9

Tourist visas to be introduced in KSA

Olive and olive oil production in KSA

Falconry in KSA and the Arab world

Roads of Arabia Documentary (must watch)

Wild Arabia - BBC documentary series.

For me..Favourite Arabic country is Yemen. I have stayed there for 3 months in the early 2010 when it was very peaceful and i loved every bit of it. Food, Hospitality, Heritage, Simplicity.....and the the only issue i found that there was the tribal sectarianism between the Yemenis.

Those threads below will probably interest you then;

Yemen's Socotra island granted province status

Paleolithic tombs discovered in Yemen

Yemen's coffee revival

I fully agree. Yemen is special. Every visitor says so regardless where he or she comes from. It's a shame that one of the oldest civilizations on the planet and once one of the richest is now in this sad state. Sadly this is typical of many Arab states in this recent era. We live in the dark ages currently. Even the richer states (GCC) suffer from dictatorships that limit our potential.:(

I'd say Iraq, the birthplace of civilization.

The current story of Iraq is unfortunately the story of many Arab countries. As partially Iraqi this pains me even more.:(

Israel. Over 60% of Israelis either identify themselves as Arabs or immigrated from other Arab countries.

Trolling again cousin?:crazy:

In all seriousness then I would like to visit Israel the day a normalization between the Arab world and Israel occurs. If that will ever happen that is.

Last edited:
before these lovely threads ... only thing I knew about KSA was ... that people there are religious fanatics and sponsor extremism. No offence meant bro. but now I know better and don't want to sound as if i am trying to earn more brownie points from the Saudi Masters so I would rest my case now. Long live the people of KSA :p:

I don't like Arabs or their countries. Their foreign policies and condescending perception of the subcontinent and its people, has left the Pakistani in me bitter and alienated.

before these lovely threads ... only thing I knew about KSA was ... that people there are religious fanatics and sponsor extremism. No offence meant bro. but now I know better and don't want to sound as if i am trying to earn more brownie points from the Saudi Masters so I would rest my case now. Long live the people of KSA :p:

How flattering.

Look under your bed bro. I planted a bomb after using my magic carpet.:lol:;)

If we're talking about sightseeing then Egypt, but if we're talking about every day life Lebanon all the way. It's the closest Arab state to become secular.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom