What's new

What is the Solution ?

I don't really think outside observers have an appreciation for the scale of the situation in Pakistan right now! if the army comes out the government goes, if the government goes we the protesters win and if the protesters win then the state is weakened and the army will be forced to consider Emergency in which case we are back to 2007.

No one in military circles wants to use force against protesters, you don't understand or appreciate the fallout from that action and the army knows it only too well! Hence this current impasse.

To be realistic don't look at who is protesting first look what they are protesting and in this situation The Khatam-e-nabuwat law which was tempered was a big thing and protester want to culprits to be brought to justice. If you say that we let molvis win then this will become a habit but if they are true you have to let them win. That is what a true democracy is the situation is critical to get sudden results some thing big needs to be done and that can only come from Gov side as they were the ones to temper the law. After that make a slow process to counter Rizvi and group.

I don't really think outside observers have an appreciation for the scale of the situation in Pakistan right now! if the army comes out the government goes, if the government goes we the protesters win and if the protesters win then the state is weakened and the army will be forced to consider Emergency in which case we are back to 2007.

No one in military circles wants to use force against protesters, you don't understand or appreciate the fallout from that action and the army knows it only too well! Hence this current impasse.

Indeed, me being an outsider, may not have the exact feel of the situation, but I am deriving my preposition based on neutral stand and past history of Pakistan politics.

RR, the biggest danger what I observed is people of Pakistan has become too lope sided viz a viz other political ideology. They dont reckon their political affiliation as better, rather stamp the other one as traitors. How can democracy survive when the opposition (in term of people) believe the nation has gone to traitors? The respect to others has diminished and thus we may very often see violent reactions with too little a room for dialogue. Reason? There is no point talking to traitors !!

Pakistani people should make a judgement, give the authority to whom they trust and then stick to it. Clean the mess.

Anyways, hardly my business to poke my nose, but couldn't resist to engage you and convey my thoughts on the subject. I am out !!

In order to solve something you have to tell what is the problem?

Different people has different problems. Some has problem with NS ,some with religious fanatics and some with democracy altogether.

In dealing with problems of corruption, more democracy should be an answer. More democracy means bringing transparency accountability and participation in the governance of the country.

Martial laws applied in Pakistan many times and corruption problem is still there if not increased. Martial law is not the solution.

Need is to build the democratic institutions like Information commissioners and ombudsman's office .

Martial law is not the problem. It's lack of political will!

The people responsible needs to be fired from job and let NAB deal with corrupt not so shareef family. They don't have money trail if they had they would have given by now so they would end up in Jail and NAB also needs to start its work against PPP corrupt leadership and than go to others and Army should not intervene just fight TTP

army should force govt to resign and appoint new president and governors for indefinite time and ban politics and election forever in Pakistan then we will flourish

To be realistic don't look at who is protesting first look what they are protesting and in this situation The Khatam-e-nabuwat law which was tempered was a big thing and protester want to culprits to be brought to justice. If you say that we let molvis win then this will become a habit but if they are true you have to let them win. That is what a true democracy is the situation is critical to get sudden results some thing big needs to be done and that can only come from Gov side as they were the ones to temper the law. After that make a slow process to counter Rizvi and group.

Mate why not register a PIL against ZH? Let your institution decide on if he is guilty or not.

However I agree sometime people are not guilty under the written laws but still they are as per the general conscience of people, in this case people has the right to vote and assert their authority.

Having said that right to protest must be upheld but again under limits. You being a Pakistani and closer to situation can best judge whether the protest did cross its limit or not.

Mafia amended law to protect NS. And they launched protesters by touching the sensitive matter of Faith of the general public.
They deliberately planned this chaos. Corrupt Mafia engaged state in Internal security to get safe exit from Corruption charges. What is the solution now? What is the way forward?
Now the options are limited. I think the best approach is to trap them in their own trap. Hold them accountable for the crimes they committed.

But the Question is How?

What is the best Solution?

What is the way Forward?

I hate the government for the bill they passed to keep Sharif in power but still this is not the way to go as it will set the dangerous precedent of blocking the capital to have your way.legal action should be taken against the protesters and use further force if necessary to teach them the ways of peaceful protests.government should not back down now.

Political Will does not come through thin air. Political will come from will of the masses.

Not a single apolitical protest happen in Pakistan against corruption. There are many happened for religious propaganda and usurping the power of elected governments.

Incorrect on both counts.

Get rid of parliament & senate and follow referendum system.
There shall be one ceremonial head of state.
Apply Pervez Musharraf's local bodies system to deal with public.

Problem solved!

Last edited:
Mate why not register a PIL against ZH? Let your institution decide on if he is guilty or not.

However I agree sometime people are not guilty under the written laws but still they are as per the general conscience of people, in this case people has the right to vote and assert their authority.

Having said that right to protest must be upheld but again under limits. You being a Pakistani and closer to situation can best judge whether the protest did cross its limit or not.

The protest was peaceful and protestors were just sitting doing nothing although they were blocking a very main road connection but not violent at all. PML-N Gov was coming under hot fire as they law amended was hurting their vote bank and this protest was bringing the blame on PML-N they played a cunning strategy of getting a court order to shift the protest and then used that order to instigate Violence thus resulting in the current situation now Army understands this strategy and is reluctant to step in there is currently a meeting going on between army and civil authorities and that will decide the fate. My thinking says that If army will stay out of this PML-N will be hurt very badly as it has already started to hurt PML-N vote bank and many leaders of PML-N internally demanding the resignation of Zahid Hamid but he is currently being protected by the PML-N leader ship because he did on some one orders and that info if came out will further worsen PML-N all together.

One thing is very good about this protest that it shows that when it comes to protecting Islam the sectarianism is finished in Pakistan and Both shia and sunni stand togather. This is a good out come that is being reflected by this protest. That means this protest is helping eliminate the sectarian divide in Pakistan.

I hate the government for the bill they passed to keep Sharif in power but still this is not the way to go as it will set the dangerous precedent of blocking the capital to have your way.legal action should be taken against the protesters and use further force if necessary to teach them the ways of peaceful protests.government should not back down now.
The Bill was passed in by parliamentary committee in 2015 and was pending to pass through NA and Senate, the timing to bring it now may raised questions but what about parliamentary committee who clear it first?
Almost parties were in that committee.

Islam is like a soul for Pakistan.like the body lose its existence without a soul without Islam Pakistan will not exist

Back
Top Bottom