What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really have an inferiority complex if you believe praying or having Adhan in Arabic threatens your culture/identity.

I pray in Arabic(foreign language) and because of living in a foreign country, I will be conversing in English(foreign language) about 95% of the time but I don't for a single second believe this has harmed my identity as a Pakistani.

Where are you from Russel?

Are you from an english speaking country?

If so imagine every time you went to church you would hear the bible in "arabic" even though you don't understand it.
How would you feel about that?
Again - this is down to me. Do I care enough? I cared enough to initially learn enough Surahs so that I could do my prayers. I didn't know what they meant - but, as with anything else...I took it up on myself to make the effort to learn it.

I am not an Arab and as such Arabic is not my 1st language. I like reciting the Quran - that is, I like how it sounds to the ear. The adhan (when given by someone with a great voice) gives me goosebumps. I am not sure, how 'nice' it would be to recite Surah Fatiha in English.

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Al hamdu lillaahi rabbil ‘alameen
Ar-Rahman ar-Raheem Maaliki yaumid Deen
Iyyaaka na’abudu wa iyyaaka nasta’een
Ihdinas siraatal mustaqeem
Siraatal ladheena an ‘amta’ alaihim
Ghairil maghduubi’ alaihim waladaaleen
Aameen

In the name of God, the infinitely Compassionate and Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of all the worlds.
The Compassionate, the Merciful. Ruler on the Day of Reckoning.
You alone do we worship, and You alone do we ask for help.
Guide us on the straight path,
the path of those who have received your grace;
not the path of those who have brought down wrath, nor of those who wander astray.
Amen.

There is a cadence, a rhythm, a flow to it in Arabic. Reciting the transliteration in English while praying? Not for me, thanks.

And that's fine. He's free to be who he wants to be...love/hate what he wants. But, he needs to stop with the bullshit - it's so transparent, it's not funny. A smarter person would have done this with much more subtlety :lol:

What bullshit Russel?

Refusing to listen to arabic is my right as a Turk.

Yes I'm a kemalist, so what?

There would be no Turkey if it wasn't for ATATURK, if you get offended by Ataturk, you are more than welcome to go with your arab friends.

It's not about ataturk you're 37 years old and still don't know meaning of ezan. When will you grow up

Ezan dinmez susturulamaz onu susturmaya kimsenin gücü yetmez

Ya sev ya terket sen 37 sene sonra halen ezanın manasını bilmiyorsan afedersin ama sen bu milletin bir ferdi olamazsın olmaya layik değilsin.

What bullshit Russel?

Refusing to listen to arabic is my right as a Turk.
So, don't. Your issue/grievance is with Arabs and Arabic. And this is borne out by the fact you completely unprompted came up with - 'we ruled them for hundreds of years' - what does that have to do with the Holy Quran and understanding what it is you are reciting?

How often you go to offer prayers?

Not sure if that matters here, I have nothing against prayer. I simply don't want to be forced to listen to something in arabic a language I don't even understand, a language I don't even want to learn.

Make it in turkish and I will enjoy listening to it more because it will actually make sense.

Not sure what example to give you but image people in China had to listen to Spanish call to prayers 5 times a day. It simply doesn't make any sense at all.

It's CRAZY!

It's not about ataturk you're 37 years old and still don't know meaning of ezan. When will you grow up

Ezan dinmez susturulamaz onu susturmaya kimsenin gücü yetmez

Ya sev ya terket

If growing up means becoming arab then I'm happy living as a child.

Tamam ezan susmazda, araplasmak niye?

Arap olmak istiyorsan git arabistana.

what makes me feel at home when i go to a foreign country I listen to a familiar sound, "Allah Hu Akbar", then I go to that place where that sound coming from...i enter and I feel like i have been here so many time, I lined up with strangers who speak what my ears are so familiar with, I feel like home again...Subhan Allah

Ya sev ya terket sen 37 sene sonra halen ezanın manasını bilmiyorsan afedersin sen bu ülkenin evladı olamazsın

Arap evladi olmaktan iyidir kanki

Actually first i thought he was a 11 years old kid trolling turns out he's 37 :sarcastic:

Not really, does it say in my profile?

Probably just selected some random age.

These kemalists at best will do from eid to eid ;)
Funny thing is i had very intensive religious lessons when i was a kid, i would even say way more than most conservatives in Turkey who think that going to the mosque alone makes you a good muslim while when you dont go your a bad person.

Arap evladi olmaktan iyidir kanki

Eh, if you disturbed to hear Arabic language, why you speaks non Turkish language like English?

While you disturbed to hear Arabic you speaks non Turkish language, so what is the worng with Arabic?

Btw are you Muslim ?

Not sure if that matters here, I have nothing against prayer. I simply don't want to be forced to listen to something in arabic a language I don't even understand, a language I don't even want to learn.

Make it in turkish and I will enjoy listening to it more because it will actually make sense.

Not sure what example to give you but image people in China had to listen to Spanish call to prayers 5 times a day. It simply doesn't make any sense at all.

It's CRAZY!

If growing up means becoming arab then I'm happy living as a child.

Tamam ezan susmazda, araplasmak niye?

Arap olmak istiyorsan git arabistana.

Arap olmak istemiyorum ama müslümanım ben ecdadımızda müslümandı, bayrağın üzerindeki kan müslüman Türklerin kanları, bu topraklar müslüman Türk milletinin şehitlerinin kanlarıyla sulanmış. Şimdi bütün bu gerçekler ortadayken senin gibi cakallar kalacak ama ben gideceğim öylemi?

Beğenmiyorsan bu ülkeyi ozaman bi zahmet sen S.G arapca ezan okunmayan bir yere

Funny thing is i had very intensive religious lessons when i was a kid, i would even say way more than most conservatives in Turkey who think that going to the mosque alone makes you a good muslim while when you dont go your a bad person.

Why derail the question his question was clear

Just answer how often do you attent prayer the answer is from eid to eid at best

That's reality not opinion and btw you're great muslims rakı sofrası, oruç tutmayan, kurban bayramına karşı, türbana ve sakala karşı olan süper müslümanlar sizi

Why derail the question his question was clear
You claimed all kemalists are islam haters am i the one derailing here?

Just answer how often do you attent prayer the answer is from.eid to eid at best

It's the reality
Also the same with a lot self proclaimed conservatives, but when its a kemalists he suddenly becomes a islam hater, that how many of you think, this is also a reality.

BTW: a Islam hater wont even go to mosque at Eid but yeah, logic isnt always the first choice of people like you.

Actually first i thought he was a 11 years old kid trolling turns out he's 37 :sarcastic:

@TurkeyForever

If you don't like it here then move your azz to greece or israel

Hadi Yallah Israil'e

I don't like arabic, I love turkish.

If you love arabic so much that you will fight with a fellow Turk over it then you are welcome to move to Syria, I'm sure you'll like it there with isis after all they speak a language you respect more than turkish.

You claimed all kemalists are islam haters am i the one derailing here?

Also the same with a lot self proclaimed conservatives, but when its a kemalists he suddenly becomes a islam hater, that how many of you think, this is also a reality.

BTW: a Islam hater wont even go to mosque at Eid but yeah, logic isnt always the first choice of people like you.

Not because he is a kemalist because he hates arabs and arabic ezan.. he doesn't even know meaning of ezan how pathetic is that?

Do not act dumb buddy you know and everybody knows turkists and kemalists are fiercest against islam

A muslim who opposes anything related to islam such a wonderful muslims you're

You guys are a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom