What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you may not understand what the words in the call to prayer means, and as you said in the Quaran the first word is "read", so why don't you just learn arabic ? no one is preventing you from learning it, if it bothers you so much.

I for one don't mind it's in arabic, at least that way all muslims regardless of nationality will understand that it's prayer time.

No way I'm learning arabic, nothing but backwardness.

its the clean baby DNA project in India.

Please tell me more.

I wish we could change the call to prayer from the mosks here in Turkey to turkish, same with prayers from Quran in mosks.

Everything is in arabic and 99% don't understand what is being said, it's like music in a foreign language (arabic).

Excuse me if I'm over stepping, but I think it's very stupid for 100% of Turkey to listen to arabic call to prayers and and arabic prayers in mosks when 99% don't understand a single word!
Correct me if I'm wrong.

How often you go to offer prayers?

Please tell me more.

you see since i am not pure i am not allowed to talk about it. but you can google it.
its an indian national movement to cleanse India out of impure Arabic/Islamic roots.
Its very successful indeed.

What is "Ay Ata"?

Ay means Moon in turkish.

According to an American friend of mine who is a christian the arabs used to worship idols before islam, and one of those idols was the moon God. And that is why muslims have the crescent (moon) on their flags.

I did get a bit offended, but I can't help but wonder if the arabs did mix their moon god idol into the religion.

Torah, Bible, Quran.
All abrahamic religions almost identical, yet here we are fighting.
It really does smell like politics and colonialism using soft power.
I like to question these things, the quran does require you to question things and learn things. Those who say otherwise are just brainwashed.
The crescent and star did not come from the Arabs...it came from you...Turks either adopted the symbol from the Byzantines or ancient Turks already used the symbol for some reason....American evangelicals(not the smartest group of Americans) came up with the bullshit theory that Allah originates from the name of some ancient moon god or goddess because of your flag and the lunar calendar (something multiple cultures have used and still use without having anything to do with worshipping the moon)...in reality it shares the same semitic root as the Jewish name of god Elah.
So if you want to get angry about the moon thing you can talk to your Turks...better leave the arabs.

Turkey is a really lucky nation i must say.
so if secular westernized open minded liberal free thinkers and Champions of Tolerance kill people for have a difference of opinion they are heroes and revolutionaries but when Religious people kill someone for the same reason they are terrorist Wow I am just amazed at your hypocrisy

Yes it's a rare form of mosque, it seems:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/mosk

I have heard that argument in the past, that 1 sentence in the Quran can mean 100 different things and will mean different things to the individual who reads it.

And I get the logic that it might not be 100% same when translated into another language.

But it is WORSE to not understand a single word of it, there is no logic at all in it.

I hear the call to prayer daily, and I see turkish people hearing it too. What we all have in common is we don't understand it!

It's like the whole country is in some kind of trans/hypnosis, it is very strange to say the least.

If you don't understand the call to prayer then it's your own ignorance

Allâh-ü Ekber" (Allah en büyüktür) (4 kere),

"Eşhedü en lâ ilâhe İllAllah" (Şahitlik ederim ki Allah'tan başka ilah yoktur) (2 kere),

"Eşhedü enne Muhammeden Rasûlullah" (Şahitlik ederim ki Muhammed Allah'ın elçisidir) (2 kere),

"Hayye ale's-salâh" (Haydi namaza) (2 kere),

"Hayye ale'l-felâh" (Haydi kurtuluşa) (2 kere),

"As-salatu hayrun mine'n nevm" (Namaz uykudan hayırlıdır) (2 kere), (Sadece sabah ezanında),

"Allâh-ü Ekber" (Allah en büyüktür) (2 kere),

"Lâ ilâhe İllAllah" (Allah'tan başka ilâh yoktur) (1 kere).

8vif1-jpg.12589

First I have a question. What is a mosk? Do you mean Mosque?
The reason Arabic is used is because the words spoken there are holy and absolutely cannot be changed in the slightest way. And when translating something to another language there is always some loss of meaning.

Also this words are belong to Allah, when you read or listen it is come from Allah, if we change it will be lost thats why it is holy. So every Muslim person has to learn meaning of Quran and search about Islam but while doing this we cannot change to languge nor accent of Quran.

If we change it will be someting like Bible or Torah. As people know there are many kind of Bible and every sections or churches has their own Bible and every group says our Bible is pure but....

If you read his posts - he's using the prayer excuse to really get at the matter at hand...which is his disdain for anything arab.

He's already called arabic 'backwardness' - arabs maybe a lot of things...but, the arabic language is anything but 'backward'. Not to mention - 'soft power colonialism'.

Dude, you could have just opened a thread that said - Turks/Turkish >>>> Arabs/Arabic and be done with it :lol:

If you don't understand the call to prayer then it's your own ignorance

Allâh-ü Ekber" (Allah en büyüktür) (4 kere),

"Eşhedü en lâ ilâhe İllAllah" (Şahitlik ederim ki Allah'tan başka ilah yoktur) (2 kere),

"Eşhedü enne Muhammeden Rasûlullah" (Şahitlik ederim ki Muhammed Allah'ın elçisidir) (2 kere),

"Hayye ale's-salâh" (Haydi namaza) (2 kere),

"Hayye ale'l-felâh" (Haydi kurtuluşa) (2 kere),

"As-salatu hayrun mine'n nevm" (Namaz uykudan hayırlıdır) (2 kere), (Sadece sabah ezanında),

"Allâh-ü Ekber" (Allah en büyüktür) (2 kere),

"Lâ ilâhe İllAllah" (Allah'tan başka ilâh yoktur) (1 kere).

Thanks for the translations, but I wouldn't call it ignorance. I'm a TURK not an arab why should I learn their language?

We ruled over the arabs for hundreds of years and as a side-effect we now need to listen to their language.

@PAKISTANFOREVER can give you the best response

One big problem in that post. If 99.9% of Pakistanis are hindus that converted to Islam than why do the VAST majority of Pakistanis look so physically different to modern day indians?

No Pakistanis claim to be Arabs. No one on PDF has said that. Just more indian lies. There is a post going on PDf at the moment which has scientific proof that the majority of the people in modern day Pakistan have a common ancestor with the races to the West of us. Mainly Iranian/Persian and Central Asian tribes.

Here is the scientific and anthropological evidence that forever confirms that the vast majority of Pakstanis are a different race to indians:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...cal-divide-is-at-least-1600-years-old.513143/

If you read his posts - he's using the prayer excuse to really get at the matter at hand...which is his disdain for anything arab.

He's already called arabic 'backwardness' - arabs maybe a lot of things...but, the arabic language is anything but 'backward'. Not to mention - 'soft power colonialism'.

Dude, you could have just opened a thread that said - Turks/Turkish >>>> Arabs/Arabic and be done with it :lol:

He's a kemalist they are all the same islam haters

Thanks for the translations, but I wouldn't call it ignorance. I'm a TURK not an arab why should I learn their language?

We ruled over the arabs for hundreds of years and as a side-effect we now need to listen to their language.

You did not rule arabs you are a kemalist you didn't rule anything. GTFO

And why do you speak english btw isn't this a foreign language too?

Modern Turkish has many arab, persian, french and english words aswell buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom