What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1400+ years of tradition. You know what it means right? It's like the sound of police sirens, when you hear them they "mean" something. When I was at school there would be a bell that rang at the end of the lesson, it "meant somethng in context". Any Muslim anywhere in the world hears those words and knows what they are.

I wish we could change the call to prayer from the mosks here in Turkey to turkish, same with prayers from Quran in mosks.

Everything is in arabic and 99% don't understand what is being said, it's like music in a foreign language (arabic).

Excuse me if I'm over stepping, but I think it's very stupid for 100% of Turkey to listen to arabic call to prayers and and arabic prayers in mosks when 99% don't understand a single word!
Correct me if I'm wrong.

the unchanged holy quran is written in arabic so recitite it in arabic..

ppl dont understand the adhan because they are lazy and dont learn it to understand.. also the quran you should read it in arabic but also read some good tafsir

The Quran says "read read read" it doesn't say listen to something you don't understand 5 times a day just to "feel good". There is something seriously wrong going on as it is right now.

We could always keep the original arabic versions, and if someone wants to read it they can do so. But forcing people to listen to something they don't even understand is just crazy. And yes I'm a muslim.

About Muslim if you just recite Kalma Shahadet "Ash Hado un la ilaha....) you are muslim, that does not mean you are a practicing muslim, if you are one you won't be complaining. As another friend already said Quran can never be translated exactly. Quran can be translated approximately in other language. Look at the Bible, it has changed and even it has volume, volume 1, volume 2, latest volume and there are difference in each volume and many country city sect has their own volume. This is the best I can give according to my limited knowledge. Don't stop, dig into it what you don't understand, ask some good scholar, I pray you find the truth. You will not find your answer here on pdf.

1400+ years of tradition. You know what it means right? It's like the sound of police sirens, when you hear them they "mean" something. When I was at school there would be a bell that rang at the end of the lesson, it "meant somethng in context". Any Muslim anywhere in the world hears those words and knows what they are.

1400 year is too less.
The Turks have inhabited those lands for 20000 years. They have their mythology and their customs which were suppressed by the Arabs and Kurds who used Islam to suppress them.

Positivism NOT superstition was Kemal Ataturk's principle.

Turkey is not an Islamic Republic nor a Islamic Federation. It is secular in nature and it should remain so as the treaty between their founder Ataturk with the international establishment.

Islam is what Prophet (PBUH) practiced or his companions practiced and was accepted by Prophet of Allah. Anything other than this is not Islam.

That's why Islam demands complete submission to Allah.

And that's why there is no concept of fundamentalism in Islam. Either you accept all the teachings of Prophet or you reject. There is no half half in Islam.

the unchanged holy quran is written in arabic so recitite it in arabic..

ppl dont understand the adhan because they are lazy and dont learn it to understand.. also the quran you should read it in arabic but also read some good tafsir

Why should I learn arabic, it does look like imposing their language on us.

Look at the christians in the USA do they listen to the bible old testament in hebrew?

No they read and listen in english.

What makes arabic so great?

The english language has over 700,000 words in it and is understood by most people on earth, would make more sense to have it in english because the sheer number of words in the english language would mean we could understand each phrase better.

I just don't see the logic, seems more like politics imposing the arabic language on us.

Why should I learn arabic, it does look like imposing their language on us.

Look at the christians in the USA do they listen to the bible old testament in hebrew?

No they read and listen in english.

What makes arabic so great?

The english language has over 700,000 words in it and is understood by most people on earth, would make more sense to have it in english because the sheer number of words in the english language would mean we could understand each phrase better.

I just don't see the logic, seems more like politics imposing the arabic language on us.

man had you written this in Arabic it would have been easier to understand.

I wish we could change the call to prayer from the mosks here in Turkey to turkish, same with prayers from Quran in mosks.

Everything is in arabic and 99% don't understand what is being said, it's like music in a foreign language (arabic).

Excuse me if I'm over stepping, but I think it's very stupid for 100% of Turkey to listen to arabic call to prayers and and arabic prayers in mosks when 99% don't understand a single word!
Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right buddy. IMVHO islam is actually arab imperliasm in disguise. It want to make Arabia as center of universe.

Any nationalist will not take it lying down. In this context.. kudos to the persian brothers.

You are right buddy. IMVHO islam is actually arab imperliasm in disguise. It want to make Arabia as center of universe.

Any nationalist will not take it lying down. In this context.. kudos to the persian brothers.

great

now explain to him what Tengrism is and how Ay Ata is just another Hindu deity.

:azn:

1400 year is too less.
The Turks have inhabited those lands for 20000 years. They have their mythology and their customs which were suppressed by the Arabs and Kurds who used Islam to suppress them.

That is exactly what I'm thinking, I wouldn't say the kurds because they never had such large numbers.
But it does feel like arabs are colonizing us using soft power. Like the call to prayer being in arabic.

There is no logical reason to force a nation to listen to something they don't understand.

Some in this thread say it's easy to learn the meaning of a few words, yes it is.
But unless you know a language well you will never truly understand the meaning of those few words, because when you use words in a language your brain will associate the words with other areas those words are used and come up with the most logical meaning in this specific context.

I am not an arab, why should I learn arabic?
I refuse to do so, ask the arabs if they want to learn turkish instead.

Yes you used the words "arab imperliasm in disguise" I called it soft power colonialism.

It really feels like that, there is no logic at all.

What do you mean by persians?
Is the call to prayer not in arabic in Iran?

That is exactly what I'm thinking, I wouldn't say the kurds because they never had such large numbers.
But it does feel like arabs are colonizing us using soft power. Like the call to prayer being in arabic.

There is no logical reason to force a nation to listen to something they don't understand.

Some in this thread say it's easy to learn the meaning of a few words, yes it is.
But unless you know a language well you will never truly understand the meaning of those few words, because when you use words in a language your brain will associate the words with other areas those words are used and come up with the most logical meaning in this specific context.

I am not an arab, why should I learn arabic?
I refuse to do so, ask the arabs if they want to learn turkish instead.
So - don't do it. Forget the language - why not go even deeper and look at the religion. After all Islam is foreign to Turkey, there is no logical reason to force a nation to follow a religion they don't understand.

Down with soft power colonialism - that actually wasn't that soft.

#BanIslamInTurkey

It's individual choice, there is no compulsion in religion. To Muslims their religion should be put ahead of any other identity. That is why for the entire existence of Islam Muslims have adapted valued cultural practises to fit in with Islam or abandoned them where they wouldn't.

This is an easy case. Your namaz will be accepted whatever language you pray it in (inshaAllah), your namazi will attend the masjid wether he hears the adhan in Arabic, Turkish or, Zulu. Those with love arrive for jamat even when they cannot hear the adhan. They still pray.

Tradition comes and goes, culture comes and goes. I don't know of any religious ruling that says the adhan has to be in arabic, but i am not qualified to make a ruling on the matter. I simply observe that it has been the same way world over for as long as there has been an adhan.

Standardization.
The entire stretch from Iraq to Morocco speaks Arabic. They have given up their local tongues for all purposes.
It's time for you to surrender yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom