What's new

What is the logic behind call to prayer being in arabic in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly what I'm thinking, I wouldn't say the kurds because they never had such large numbers.
But it does feel like arabs are colonizing us using soft power. Like the call to prayer being in arabic.

There is no logical reason to force a nation to listen to something they don't understand.

Some in this thread say it's easy to learn the meaning of a few words, yes it is.
But unless you know a language well you will never truly understand the meaning of those few words, because when you use words in a language your brain will associate the words with other areas those words are used and come up with the most logical meaning in this specific context.

I am not an arab, why should I learn arabic?
I refuse to do so, ask the arabs if they want to learn turkish instead.

yes yes
its all because they want to conquer you and enslave you using their oil. its all an evil plan to destroy Kemalism i tell you. a little birdie told me this.
that is why Ataturk. he was smart. he banned the script. the language. the azaan. the muslim dress code the fez and many other things. all these things corrupt the free spirit and do not let people advance and be good and enjoy life.
totally agree. even the prophet was an Arab why should you follow him? nobody cares about the pre islamic beautiful history of the turks and how glorious were their triumphs and how just were their laws.
it is all an evil plan by hmmm since you are turkish...i say Greece...its Greece's plan to work with Arabs to destroy the great Millet of Turks. The Kurds are with them and so are the Moslems. You should ask for a referendum. the secular nature of turkey is under threat.
Who knows 30 years from now everyone will be eating Kapsa Pilav instead of the glorious lahmacun.

just tell me how many of the words in Turkish have an 'arabic' lineage?

great

now explain to him what Tengrism is and how Ay Ata is just another Hindu deity.

:azn:

What is "Ay Ata"?

Ay means Moon in turkish.

According to an American friend of mine who is a christian the arabs used to worship idols before islam, and one of those idols was the moon God. And that is why muslims have the crescent (moon) on their flags.

I did get a bit offended, but I can't help but wonder if the arabs did mix their moon god idol into the religion.

Torah, Bible, Quran.
All abrahamic religions almost identical, yet here we are fighting.
It really does smell like politics and colonialism using soft power.
I like to question these things, the quran does require you to question things and learn things. Those who say otherwise are just brainwashed.

What do you mean by persians?
Is the call to prayer not in arabic in Iran?
I am not surr about the prayers but they are bunch of nationalists and are not wannabe arabs.. not apeing their culture and traditions as their own.. like our western neighbours do.. every pakistani would claim to have an arab lineage where in fact they are all 99.9% converted hindus.

Persians dont fall for so called arab soft power.

I am not surr about the prayers but they are bunch of nationalists and are not wannabe arabs.. not apeing their culture and traditions as their own.. like our western neighbours do.. every pakistani would claim to have an arab lineage where in fact they all 99.9% converted hindus.

Persians dont fall for so called arab soft power.
@PAKISTANFOREVER can give you the best response

What is "Ay Ata"?

Ay means Moon in turkish.

According to an American friend of mine who is a christian the arabs used to worship idols before islam, and one of those idols was the moon God. And that is why muslims have the crescent (moon) on their flags.

I did get a bit offended, but I can't help but wonder if the arabs did mix their moon god idol into the religion.

Torah, Bible, Quran.
All abrahamic religions almost identical, yet here we are fighting.
It really does smell like politics and colonialism using soft power.
I like to question these things, the quran does require you to question things and learn things. Those who say otherwise are just brainwashed.

yeah man.
it is just a colonial game for oil. nothing more nothing less.
religion organised religion is just the tool they need.

Ataturk wanted to replace Allah with Ay Ata. He was stopped by the religious fanatics most of whom when they see a Pakistani humbly lower their gaze hahahaha

but sure man continue

Standardization.
The entire stretch from Iraq to Morocco speaks Arabic. They have given up their local tongues for all purposes.
It's time for you to surrender yours.

No way we are surrendering turkish.

The turkish nomads didn't speak arabic they had their own turkic language from Asia.

I can't help but think that Ottoman empire was a king of arabic script as part of a strategy to attract arabs, after all we the Turks were the leaders of the arab world. But the way it is today with the call to prayer in arabic it's not good for us, we need to make it turkish.

The Islam is not the religion of arabs. One of the differences between Muhammad saw and the other prophets are that the other prophets were prophets for their people but Muhammad is the prophet for the whole world. If you want dont practice Islam nobody is asking you to but other people in Turkey want to practice Islam in the form that must be and know the meaning of the call of prayer. If you want to be an atheist be atheist if you want to be christian go on. The fact that I like to read the Quran in arabic and I pray in arabic is not making me get arabic culture and pro arabic, arabic lover. In Islam there is not something like "if you want to be muslim you must be arab". I actually see the pros in that because I now have basic knowledge in arabic as a language that is spoken widely in the world. And that will be + for my plans for the military for example. I dont see nothing wrong.

just tell me how many of the words in Turkish have an 'arabic' lineage?

6,463 I think:
main-qimg-41a360bbad278270747a4259c89f308e

Ataturk wanted to replace Allah with Ay Ata. He was stopped by the religious fanatics most of whom when they see a Pakistani humbly lower their gaze hahahaha

Ataturk never tried to replace religion with something called "Ay Ata" any source?

He couldn't be stopped by religious fanatics because he hanged them, he had absolute power.

6,463 I think:
main-qimg-41a360bbad278270747a4259c89f308e

start erasing them. every time you say Merhaba DONT
every time you say Mubarek DONT

Save Turkey - Speak Turkish

Call me when you reach Level: Aryan Indian Baby

I will have more suggestions for you.

until then straighten your fez

#MakeTurkeySecularAgain

Mate you may not understand what the words in the call to prayer means, and as you said in the Quaran the first word is "read", so why don't you just learn arabic ? no one is preventing you from learning it, if it bothers you so much.

I for one don't mind it's in arabic, at least that way all muslims regardless of nationality will understand that it's prayer time.

Ataturk never tried to replace religion with something called "Ay Ata" any source?

He couldn't be stopped by religious fanatics because he hanged them, he had absolute power.

Source is first hand knowledge of meeting enough Turkish seculars in the 80s. Dont worry about the source.

wow he had absolute power. that is so Arab hahaha and ironic. he was like a secular ISIS lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom