What's new

What have we done for our national poet Kazi Nazrul?

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Mamata Banerjee, CM of West Bengal said India awarded Kazi Nazrul Islam to Bangladesh to give him Bangladeshi citizenship and to make him national poet because Pakistan killed many Bengali intellectuals in 14th December 1971 including poets but Bangladesh haven't done anything for Nazrul. Mamata said, we named our airport after his name, we have a Kazi Nazrul university, we have dedicated many things for him but Bangladesh haven't done anything for him.

Yesterday was Kazi Nazrul Islam's birth anniversary. Really, we haven't done anything for this great poet. Even though he was Indian but he is our national poet. We should have named big institutions after his name. His family is now demanding Padma Bridge to name it Kobi Nazrul Bridge. Do you support it?

natl-poet-kazi-nazrul-islam-exclusive-003.jpg

Last edited:
Why is mamta banerji talking as if she is a bangladeshi, or has India occupied bangladesh already

@IamBengali post a poem or two.. he was a commie I was told @Azlan Haider you might like this dude. better than your sectarian 'philosopher' poet .. :p:
lol.... IamBengali doesnt need to post any poem, u can get in wikipedia itself.
i have grown up listening to shyama sangeet (i disliked it then, but i do like that melody now)

btw who is the sectarian philosopher poet u r referring to ???

Why is mamta banerji talking as if she is a bangladeshi, or has India occupied bangladesh already
mamta is a failure. since she is the chief minister of PB, so she has to blabber something on the mike....hence the guttar goo

i am a great admirer of this man.
the more i read about him, the more i get fascinated.

I like many of his love songs, many are composed of difficult words, though. I have read somewhere that his literary works are not studied in Dhaka University's Bengali Department's M.A class. Can someone highlight about it? Is it true?

[/quote]

We will collaborate with Bangladesh on research projects about Kazi Nazrul Islam: WB CM

Terming Nazrul Islam minority icon appalling: Mamata
Kolkata, May 26 :
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Monday said it was “appalling” that Bengali revolutionary poet Kazi Nazrul Islam was being dubbed a “minority icon”.

image60-e1401121699629.jpg

Nazrul Islam

Inaugurating the Nazrul Tirtha, a cultural and educational centre dedicated to the poet, in the satellite township of New Town, Banerjee asserted that greats like Islam and Nobel laureate poet Rabindranath Tagore were beyond any minority or majority labels.
“Some people have started a whisper campaign saying Nazrul is a minority icon. This is appalling,” she said at the inaugural on the 115th birth anniversary of Islam.
“Icons like Kazi Nazrul or Rabindranath cannot be labelled as minority or majority icons. They are icons of all Bengalis,” she said.
He was nicknamed “Bidrohi Kabi” or the rebel poet because of the rebellious tenor of his works espousing political and social justice during the colonial rule.
The polymath was born in Bengal’s Churulia in 1899 and died in 1976 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is regarded the national poet of Bangladesh.

Terming Nazrul Islam minority icon appalling: Mamata - OdishaSunTimes.com

I like many of his love songs, many are composed of difficult words, though. I have read somewhere that his literary works are not studied in Dhaka University's Bengali Department's M.A class. Can someone highlight about it? Is it true?

Its a shame that we haven't done anything for Kazi Nazrul yet he is our national poet. Nothing for Rabindranath as well yet he is our national anthem writer. We can only think of naming everything Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib when AL comes in power or Shaheed Zia when BNP comes in power.

Last edited:
Who is this Mamta Banerjee? Who the **** is she to say who is Bangladesh's icon or not. So what if there is nothing named after Kazi Nazrul Islam? We are not idol or human worshippers.

Its a shame that we haven't done anything for Kazi Nazrul yet he is our national poet. Nothing for Rabindranath as well yet he is our national anthem writer. We can only think of naming everything Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib when AL comes in power or Shaheed Zia when BNP comes in power.

I guess, that's because they are Bangladeshi although both are evil.

Back
Top Bottom