What's new

West Bengal names a new airport in the name of BD national poet

I don't give a rats a** about religion, and I'm not sure why I've bothered to dignify your silly, emotional statement with a response, but if I could only somehow show you how many Bangladeshis belonging to the Islamic faith have infested my city and set up massive slums, you'd probably be in for a bit of a surprise (or not).

Please deport them immediately if you can actually find any:lol:

How on earth would you know that they are from BD rather than West Bengal btw?

How on earth would you know that they are from BD rather than West Bengal btw?

The question is - how could anybody in their right mind possibly not know? It's pretty darn apparent for everyone to see. I see the ground reality of the menace right here in Bombay, so spare me the stupid questions will ya? Thank you.

The question is - how could anybody in their right mind possibly not know? It's pretty darn apparent for everyone to see. I see the ground reality of the menace right here in Bombay, so spare me the stupid questions will ya? Thank you.

I am again asking you how would you know?

Illegal immigrants do not volunteer this information for obvious reasons.

25% of West Bengalis are Muslim so how do you know they are not West Bengali Muslims?

If you do not answer this question, then your statement will hold zero credibility.

25% of West Bengalis are Muslim so how do you know they are not West Bengali Muslims?

If you do not answer this question, then your statement will hold zero credibility.

Good question. Actually the number is 31%. But the real number is probably higher(including immigrants)

The question of illegality is determined on a very simple basis - one needs to prove that they were citizens of India before 1971 March 25. The onus is on the people. If they are unable to provide any proof in support a case is filed against them. they can fight the case in court - usually a fast track court. If they are unable to prove there as well, they are handed eviction notices and any Government ID cards they may have are confiscated forthwith.

Well, let's just say people open up to me LOL. How's that for credibility? Of course there are slum dwellers from all over the country, including West Bengal, but you'd be naive to think that no illegal Bangaldeshi migrants (a majority of whom belong to the Islamic faith) have crept their way in to shanty towns and integrated with the local population.

Maybe a quick slum tour would help you in your little quest.

Well, let's just say people open up to me LOL. How's that for credibility? Of course there are slum dwellers from all over the country, including West Bengal, but you'd be naive to think that no illegal Bangaldeshi migrants (a majority of whom belong to the Islamic faith) have crept their way in to shanty towns and integrated with the local population.

You will be surprised to know that many of them become Hindus(and remain that way). Poverty does strange things :cry:

But yeah - if a strong Government comes to power, their days would be numbered.

I do not deny that some BD Muslims are living in India for all sorts of reasons. Not convinced with this millions of figure though.

There was a report that at least 500,000 Indians are illegally residing in BD. Not sure whether this is anywhere near true but I don't think any Bangladeshi has any problem with these people as long as they do not indulge in crime and are in BD to earn a honest living - but illegally resident of course:lol:

If India can prove that they are actually BD citizens, then please feel to deport them to BD. An extra few million on top of the 150 million already in BD won't make too much difference:)

I do not deny that some BD Muslims are living in India for all sorts of reasons.

Good, then we're on the same page.

If India can prove that they are actually BD citizens, then please feel to deport them to BD. An extra few million on top of the 150 million already in BD won't make too much difference:)

Yes, the sooner India manages to get its act together with regard to tackling massive illegal migration, the better.

Good question. Actually the number is 31%. But the real number is probably higher(including immigrants)

The question of illegality is determined on a very simple basis - one needs to prove that they were citizens of India before 1971 March 25. The onus is on the people. If they are unable to provide any proof in support a case is filed against them. they can fight the case in court - usually a fast track court. If they are unable to prove there as well, they are handed eviction notices and any Government ID cards they may have are confiscated forthwith.

One question:

If the Indian government cannot provide any evidence they are resident of another country, what happens to these people?

One question:

If the Indian government cannot provide any evidence they are resident of another country, what happens to these people?
You mean if they appeal against the Govt and win?
They retain their ID and pays compensation for the harassment (amount depends on the Judge) and stay in India. I think the same law is there almost everywhere. :)

But if they don't appeal - they are deported. Or if the mother country does not accept - kept in detention(jail) forever.

You mean if they appeal against the Govt and win?
They retain their ID and pays compensation for the harassment (amount depends on the Judge) and stay in India. I think the same law is there almost everywhere. :)

I meant what if they are classified as "illegal alien" officially but the Indian government cannot provide any evidence that they are from some other country. Then there would nowhere to deport them to surely?

Is there any thread in BD section which have less than 100 posts? I think you guys are going to make record :undecided:

I meant what if they are classified as "illegal alien" officially but the Indian government cannot provide any evidence that they are from some other country. Then there would nowhere to deport them to surely?

Ok, I guess that would be a gray area. They are detained pending further inquiry. For developed countries it means - a nice place to live off the taxpayer's money, though in camps. But in the Sub continent, they are often sent to jails.
If there are crimes registered against them - even better.

Back
Top Bottom