What's new

West Bengal names a new airport in the name of BD national poet

Ok, I guess that would be a gray area. They are detained pending further inquiry. For developed countries it means - a nice place to live off the taxpayer's money, though in camps. But in the Sub continent, they are often sent to jails.
If there are crimes registered against them - even better.

Many Indian members here say that they(BD migrants) are illegally in India as "vote-banks" for Congress.

If that was the case, then why did the BJP not kick many of them out during their rule between 1999-2004?

Many Indian members here say that they(BD migrants) are illegally in India as "vote-banks" for Congress.

If that was the case, then why did the BJP not kick many of them out during their rule between 1999-2004?

Not only the Congress, almost every party does it(except of course the BJP).

BJP could not do so without the consent of the State Government if the State Government says that the people are Indians. Though legally the Central Government can overrule the State Government on this issue - it is very very demeaning and harmful for State Center relationship.

Besides BJP was allied to TMC and other parties as an alliance. So BJP's own writ could not have run. The allies would have broke up and the Government would have fallen. So that was the reason, I believe, they preferred to bite the bullet. The issue was not this serious either at that point of time.

Not only the Congress, almost every party does it(except of course the BJP).

BJP could not do so without the consent of the State Government if the State Government says that the people are Indians. Though legally the Central Government can overrule the State Government on this issue - it is very very demeaning and harmful for State Center relationship.

Besides BJP was allied to TMC and other parties as an alliance. So BJP's own writ could not have run. The allies would have broke up and the Government would have fallen. So that was the reason, I believe, they preferred to bite the bullet. The issue was not this serious either at that point of time.

Well, I suppose that really there are some Indians illegally in BD and some Bangladeshi's illegally in India.

I can entertain that in the 1-2 decades after independence in 1971, some BD Muslims may have moved illegally to India due to the very poor state of the BD economy, but now it makes little sense as BD's economy is much stronger. BD actually has a better program to look after the very poorest than India, mainly due to more efficient flow of money to the needy.

Most of the Illegal BD's in India would be Hindus due to religious affinity so that may be a reason why India has been indecisive in kicking them out so far.

Well, I suppose that really there are some Indians illegally in BD and some Bangladeshi's illegally in India.

I can entertain that in the 1-2 decades after independence in 1971, some BD Muslims may have moved illegally to India due to the very poor state of the BD economy, but now it makes little sense as BD's economy is much stronger. BD actually has a better program to look after the very poorest than India, mainly due to more efficient flow of money to the needy.

Most of the Illegal BD's in India would be Hindus due to religious affinity so that may be a reason why India has been indecisive in kicking them out so far.
"I can entertain" - Yeah it hurts. No need to entertain. Already thousands have been identified (even by the Congress Govt of Assam) as illegals. They will be deported soon. With the growing public awareness - more will be deported.
"BD actually has a better program to look after the very poorest than India" - Stats speak otherwise, but anyway - great :)
" Illegal BD's in India would be Hindus" - Nope, a vast majority are Muslims. Though many convert.Besides, West Bengal is more Islamic than West Bengal IMO. So Hindus won't escape to either Assam or WB. :lol:
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...rt-name-bd-national-poet-8.html#ixzz2fepwdpfw

"I can entertain" - Yeah it hurts. No need to entertain. Already thousands have been identified (even by the Congress Govt of Assam) as illegals. They will be deported soon. With the growing public awareness - more will be deported.
"BD actually has a better program to look after the very poorest than India" - Stats speak otherwise, but anyway - great :)
" Illegal BD's in India would be Hindus" - Nope, a vast majority are Muslims. Though many convert.Besides, West Bengal is more Islamic than West Bengal IMO. So Hindus won't escape to either Assam or WB. :lol:
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...rt-name-bd-national-poet-8.html#ixzz2fepwdpfw

Common now, you have spoiled it!

Stats such as child malnutrition and life expectancy prove that the poor fare better in BD than in India.

Anyway I wish that you Indians manage to kick out any illegals from your country as it seems they are giving you all personal heartache:lol:

Common now, you have spoiled it!

Stats such as child malnutrition and life expectancy prove that the poor fare better in BD than in India.

Anyway I wish that you Indians manage to kick out any illegals from your country as it seems they are giving you all personal heartache:lol:

I don't deny Bangladesh has done great in many respects. But in a overall general sense, it still has to catch up. In any case comparing between two failures ain't smart.

As for wishing us luck - thank bro :)

Back
Top Bottom