What's new

What do you think of cousin marriages ?

No, I dont have my own theory, I dont work in that field, nor do I have army of people to gather evidence over years to make right conclusion.... plus am nowhere near as smart to do relevant research..
so I will yield to whatever knowledge they share with us...and 'one man.. one woman.. theory.. ' as you put it, is certainly not the theory that is subscribed to.
the link you gave about aussie scientists claiming first causin marriage have same risk as having kids over 40... which is to say there IS risk but not enough to be alarmed .. or ban it... (thats their point)..
am not saying to ban it either... just think of higher risk after each generation... (not one)...
You dont need to work in this field. Life must have been started at some point in the past and obviously population was not as huge as it is today and they have no options but to marry among each others within their community which gave existence to the next generation lol
If you read my first post then I said same that its very slight risk only in those couples who are carrying some sort of genetic disorder but its often exaggerated and there are many others factors which contribute toward poor mental or physical health of a child

Cousin Marriages are horribly disgusting. How you gonna bone someone you called brother or sister all you life.

Din me Bhaiya, raat me saiyan?

What is surprising so many educated Pakistanis on this forum defending even encouraging it. If this is cream of the crop, I won't even comment on general masses.

Cousin Marriages are horribly disgusting. How you gonna bone someone you called brother or sister all you life.

What is surprising so many educated Pakistanis on this forum defending even encouraging it. If this is cream of the crop, I won't even comment on general masses.
I bet your cousin is fugly...

Why stop at cousin tho, cretins supporting it should start marrying their own sisters.

You dont need to work in this field. Life must have been started at some point in the past and obviously population was not as huge as it is today and they have no options but to marry among each others within their community which gave existence to the next generation lol
If you read my first post then I said same that its very slight risk only in those couples who are carrying some sort of genetic disorder but its often exaggerated and there are many others factors which contribute toward poor mental or physical health of a child
sure.. just saying not 1 man 1 woman... but yeah we did come from small population base.
well, we both agree that there is small risk in 1 generation... but we disagree that it increases much after multiple generation(first causin)? correct?

25 and having problems I think is a huge red flag. This may be more of an environmental problem than a gene one.

It could also be the food contribution to bad health. I changed my diet try to stick with vegetarian but it is hard. no sugar, no white salt, all drinks stopped including milk just water or oranges lemons i squash myself. I have sip of apple cider vinegar in morning.

Calling someone brother or sister dont make them brother or sister. Brother and sister are those who share same biological father and mother. Its not Pakistani vs non Pakistani thing but Muslim vs non Muslim beliefs

There is no objection whatsoever in the Islamic religion for a man to marry any of his relatives except al-maharim (those forbidden for marriage) whom Allah mentioned in surat al-nisaa', 4:23 (interpretation of the meaning):

Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (who breast-fed you), foster-sisters (who breast-fed from the same woman as you); your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives with whom you have consummated marriage, no prohibition if ye have not consummated; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Back
Top Bottom