What's new

What did you think of the CWG opening ceremony?

I heard that baloon costed 70 crore rupees :woot:
The event was awesome - i liked the stadium etc

But that 70 crore rupees? :angry:

What a waste of money

Sir, each and every Money spent on CW games would make us a profit 3 times what we spent, and that is Dr, MM sing For You.... So dont worry about that, Its All safe....

As far as Me, I loved the Rich Music, Music Made it all.... I couldnt resist dancing... I was all In for It... danced till Rahman Ended it...lol

I was bowled over when I saw the gigantic puppets suspended to the aerosat, dancing as the drums went wild ! I'm also glad the chinese friends on here liked it.
Haters can criticize all they want but we know the facts. Compare this with the Asian games 2 decades ago, and you will know where India has come today. If someone like Kalmadi can pull this off, imagine what a half decent man can do !

The best part was all the whole show was unique in its way, India's ancient wealth of diversity and rich culture combined with new found technology.

Good luck to all the participants in their events.

i liked all the color and glitter.. and the idea of the helium balloon.. pretty good start..

From Snake Charmers to raising power, by keeping our rich heritage and diversity intact. with love and respect in our hearts...

I think opening ceremony speaks that...

gandhi.jpg

novice09-albums-novice09_album-picture3691-freedom-fighters.jpg

At the dawn of history India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her success and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength.

By : Jawaharlal Nehru

Totally outstanding !!!!!!
It shows the entire cultural heritage of India in one stage before the world.Truely speaking I was completely overwhelmed by the opening ceremony...........Incredible India.
As an odia i am very much proud to see the Odishi dance & the sand artist sudershan patnaik performing before the world audience.

Totally outstanding !!!!!!
It shows the entire cultural heritage of India in one stage before the world.Truely speaking I was completely overwhelmed by the opening ceremony...........Incredible India.
As an odia i am very much proud to see the Odishi dance & the sand artist sudershan patnaik performing before the world audience.

We should give credit to Bharatala and Shyam Benagal for creating this spectacle. Bharatbala has created some of the most beautiful videos ofIndia including Vandematarm, Jana Ghana Mana and I am India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview

I want to know your opinion.

You think India can pull this off?

OC planned a 59 crore fireworks show..
But the Govt declined the suggestion,keeping in mind the "Green games" logo and amount of pollution it would cause.

Thats why their weren't much fireworks.

It was a spactacular show. Full of lights, colours and grandeur. I was absolutely awestruck. And it gave me a whole bunch of wallpapers to adorn my lappy for many years to come.

Stunning opening ceremony. It made every Indian proud, more so Delhiites. Hope we delhiites will now adorn the Games as good hosts and follow the traffic rules & all.

Back
Top Bottom