What's new

What British people think about China

Did i say otherwise?? If you calm down and read my comment properly you will realize that all what i said, is merely what you keep posting in your articles. lol

I said Chinese locally designed nuclear reactor are fairly new and not yet commercialized/operational on a large scale like other leading civil nuclear power manufacturing countries like France, U.S, Japan or even Russia. Your Hualong One has just been finalized and approved fairly recently. Its still just about to begin construction. Reason i said we will adopt a wait and see attitude like most countries. After all,do you believe even China will agree to let another country who just completed the designs of a new product and is yet to be operational, you think China will allow that country to come and build such a product in its own country and award it multi billion dollar contract?? No it wont.

So as i said, China will first need to build it, run it and with time buyers will come flocking. Just like your high speed railways, in the beginning when China was importing tech/awarding contracts to foreign players like Japan,Germany, Canada,France etc No country was looking towards China for high speed railway, but when China learned from these countries and started building/designing its own high speed railways/trainsets and running it for a while, its only now that Countries are now paying close attention to this and awarding you contracts. Same is the case with almost everything..Its only when a product/equipment starts running after a while that we can judge how reliable/efficient/safe it is. Even France despite being one of the worlds most advanced civil manufacturing nuclear power(if not the most advanced) still encounters some issues with its newest nuclear reactors lately. So its by running them for a while that you will find problems and fine tune them while learning from them.

So you will have to build and run them first for a while before it can be considered by other western countries. Normal process every new product follows to be honest..

Who said China is only providing "finance" to the projects?
Who said the "maturity" of China's nuclear plant constructions is in doubt?

@mike2000 is back

Last updated: September 21, 2015 8:50 am

UK paves path for west’s first China-designed nuclear reactor
George Parker in Beijing and Christopher Adams in London
  • 1e167325-8815-4fd0-8864-4f88388ef2f2.img
George Osborne said in Beijing on Sunday he believed Britain and China stood on the brink of 'a golden decade of co-operation'

The UK has opened the way for the first Chinese-designed nuclear power plant in the west, saying Beijing could use Britain to launch a global rollout of its technology.

Amber Rudd, energy secretary, said she wanted Beijing to take the lead in developing new nuclear plants in Britain. She said China was expected to lead the construction of a Beijing-designed nuclear power plant in Essex, in eastern England, its first in the west, under a proposed joint deal with EDF, the French energy group, to build a new generation of UK reactors.

“They very much want to have their design up and running in the UK,” she told the Financial Times on a visit to Beijing. “That’s because we have such tough standards of regulation everyone can have confidence they are safe and show that they have a great operation to take elsewhere.”

Her comments came as chancellor George Osborne announced during the same visit an initial £2bn government guarantee for the Hinkley Point nuclear power station in south-west England in an attempt to boost the much delayed project, which has major Chinese backing.

Mr Osborne said the £24.5bn project, to be built by EDF to a French design in partnership with two Chinese companies, would “open the door to unprecedented co-operation” between the UK and China on more nuclear stations.

The UK government’s strong drive to build commercial ties with China, including in a sector as sensitive as nuclear power, has raised eyebrows among its western allies. Senior US officials complained privately this year about London’s “constant accommodation” of China after Mr Osborne signed up to become a founding member of its new Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.

But Mr Osborne said he believed Britain and China stood on the brink of “a golden decade” of co-operation, adding: “No economy in the world is as open to Chinese investment as the UK.”

Ms Rudd said China would “definitely be part” of building Britain’s next generation of nuclear power stations, with five planned in the short term, but she also expected French and Japanese reactor designs to be in the mix.

The chancellor and Ms Rudd’s nuclear diplomacy was intended to pave the way for a final investment decision to be taken on Hinkley Point in time for a state visit to London by President Xi Jinping in October.

Osborne hails ‘golden decade’ in Sino-British relations

59438a15-28e2-44b8-8bdd-4570e0040d84.img

Chancellor deploys soft power to woo Chinese investment in UK

State-backed EDF is trying to finalise a deal with its Chinese partners on funding. Mr Osborne’s initial £2bn guarantee, which could rise if EDF meets certain conditions, is intended to bring the talks to a head.

The pact between Britain, France and China would see Beijing help pay for Hinkley and a second nuclear plant at Sizewell, in Suffolk, in return for taking a controlling stake in Bradwell, in Essex, which would be the first Chinese-built and operated reactor in the west.

Hinkley is one of only a handful of new reactors being built in Europe. It will supply 7 per cent of the UK’s electricity once online but a 2023 completion date has been dropped.

In a BBC interview, Ms Rudd said that while nuclear as a source of electricity was not “cheap”, it did offer “value for money”.

“It’s a lot of money compared to coal, but we want a source of low-carbon electricity,” she said. “This has to be part of the mix.”

The two sides are haggling over their final shares of construction spending and the role to be played by the two state-owned Chinese companies — China General Nuclear Corporation and China National Nuclear Corporation — in the building of up to three plants.

It is thought they are looking at an approximately 60:40 split of the investment in Hinkley, with EDF holding the controlling share, after possible minority investors, such as Saudi Electric, stayed out. Other partners could come in later but only after the project gets under way.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/52462048-5f8b-11e5-a28b-50226830d644.html

Darling @Keel , please watch your language. There is no need to allow your emotions to be excessive, cool it, sweety.

Please stop your flirting with me EVER AND NOT AGAIN AND AGAIN which I find them very annoying!
I am not your boyfriend NEVER! AND I dont share your very personal and private interests!
I only have eyes for women on passion hunts and found!

Last edited:
I hate staying up late,except playing computer games...
I usually drop my homework and go for playing...And my yesterday homework hasnt been finished...

Too much playing around! Go to library and focus ! Or else !

Who said China is only providing "finance" to the projects?
Who said the "maturity" of China's nuclear plant constructions is in doubt?

@mike2000 is back

Last updated: September 21, 2015 8:50 am

UK paves path for west’s first China-designed nuclear reactor
George Parker in Beijing and Christopher Adams in London
  • 1e167325-8815-4fd0-8864-4f88388ef2f2.img
George Osborne said in Beijing on Sunday he believed Britain and China stood on the brink of 'a golden decade of co-operation'

The UK has opened the way for the first Chinese-designed nuclear power plant in the west, saying Beijing could use Britain to launch a global rollout of its technology.

Amber Rudd, energy secretary, said she wanted Beijing to take the lead in developing new nuclear plants in Britain. She said China was expected to lead the construction of a Beijing-designed nuclear power plant in Essex, in eastern England, its first in the west, under a proposed joint deal with EDF, the French energy group, to build a new generation of UK reactors.

“They very much want to have their design up and running in the UK,” she told the Financial Times on a visit to Beijing. “That’s because we have such tough standards of regulation everyone can have confidence they are safe and show that they have a great operation to take elsewhere.”

Her comments came as chancellor George Osborne announced during the same visit an initial £2bn government guarantee for the Hinkley Point nuclear power station in south-west England in an attempt to boost the much delayed project, which has major Chinese backing.

Mr Osborne said the £24.5bn project, to be built by EDF to a French design in partnership with two Chinese companies, would “open the door to unprecedented co-operation” between the UK and China on more nuclear stations.

The UK government’s strong drive to build commercial ties with China, including in a sector as sensitive as nuclear power, has raised eyebrows among its western allies. Senior US officials complained privately this year about London’s “constant accommodation” of China after Mr Osborne signed up to become a founding member of its new Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.

But Mr Osborne said he believed Britain and China stood on the brink of “a golden decade” of co-operation, adding: “No economy in the world is as open to Chinese investment as the UK.”

Ms Rudd said China would “definitely be part” of building Britain’s next generation of nuclear power stations, with five planned in the short term, but she also expected French and Japanese reactor designs to be in the mix.

The chancellor and Ms Rudd’s nuclear diplomacy was intended to pave the way for a final investment decision to be taken on Hinkley Point in time for a state visit to London by President Xi Jinping in October.

Osborne hails ‘golden decade’ in Sino-British relations

59438a15-28e2-44b8-8bdd-4570e0040d84.img

Chancellor deploys soft power to woo Chinese investment in UK

State-backed EDF is trying to finalise a deal with its Chinese partners on funding. Mr Osborne’s initial £2bn guarantee, which could rise if EDF meets certain conditions, is intended to bring the talks to a head.

The pact between Britain, France and China would see Beijing help pay for Hinkley and a second nuclear plant at Sizewell, in Suffolk, in return for taking a controlling stake in Bradwell, in Essex, which would be the first Chinese-built and operated reactor in the west.

Hinkley is one of only a handful of new reactors being built in Europe. It will supply 7 per cent of the UK’s electricity once online but a 2023 completion date has been dropped.

In a BBC interview, Ms Rudd said that while nuclear as a source of electricity was not “cheap”, it did offer “value for money”.

“It’s a lot of money compared to coal, but we want a source of low-carbon electricity,” she said. “This has to be part of the mix.”

The two sides are haggling over their final shares of construction spending and the role to be played by the two state-owned Chinese companies — China General Nuclear Corporation and China National Nuclear Corporation — in the building of up to three plants.

It is thought they are looking at an approximately 60:40 split of the investment in Hinkley, with EDF holding the controlling share, after possible minority investors, such as Saudi Electric, stayed out. Other partners could come in later but only after the project gets under way.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/52462048-5f8b-11e5-a28b-50226830d644.html

Please stop your flirting with me EVER AND NOT AGAIN AND AGAIN which I find them very annoying!
I am not your boyfriend NEVER! AND I dont share your very personal and private interests!
I only have eyes for women on passion hunts and found!

LOOOL

What makes you think I'm flirting? Darling is a term of endearment, keel my darling colleague. LOOOOOL!

Too much playing around! Go to library and focus ! Or else !

LOOOL

What makes you think I'm flirting? Darling is a term of endearment, keel my darling colleague. LOOOOOL!

I search in Baidu

达令就是darling的中文音译,音译词,英文翻译意为亲爱的。同义词为:beloved dear precious。达令(darling)一般使用在夫妻之间、情侣之间等亲密关系的人之间的互相称呼。达令darling['dɑ:li?],不过darling较为口语化。darling:心爱的人,亲爱的爱人,情人,宠儿,宠物。通常范例为:"I'll be home early tonight, darling." "That'll be nice, " she answered mechanically, and, as the door closed, added, "I'll bet。

It isnt his fault..I also think you are gay(*′▽`)

♂@Keel

I search in Baidu

达令就是darling的中文音译,音译词,英文翻译意为亲爱的。同义词为:beloved dear precious。达令(darling)一般使用在夫妻之间、情侣之间等亲密关系的人之间的互相称呼。达令darling['dɑ:li?],不过darling较为口语化。darling:心爱的人,亲爱的爱人,情人,宠儿,宠物。通常范例为:"I'll be home early tonight, darling." "That'll be nice, " she answered mechanically, and, as the door closed, added, "I'll bet。

It isnt his fault..I also think you are gay(*′▽`)

♂@Keel

Lol, it's a term of endearment , for example it's is used between

• Two male best friends
  • Two classmates who have fond affections for each other
  • Between people who want to build rapport
  • Between family

And lastly my sexual preference isn't the topic here, the use of "darling" does not mean one is gay or straight or whatever, I don't understand why there is even have to be a discussion on sexual position here.

I refer to Keel as my darling colleague because I'm fond of his interesting writing style . I always find it cute. That's it, that's all.

Got it , sweetheart ?

Doesn't matter what they think of us.

What matters is the UK government is allowing China to build their vital infrastructure. Communications, Water, and now Nuclear reactors and High speed rail. And Financial infrastructure like them saying they will turn London into an overseas hub for Yuan trading.

Good for business. :enjoy:

Brits are clever business men. They don't want to take part in the shit slinging match of USA VS China no matter how much USA tries to bring UK into it.

Lol, it's a term of endearment , for example it's is used between

• Two male best friends
  • Two classmates who have fond affections for each other
  • Between people who want to build rapport
  • Between family

And lastly my sexual preference isn't the topic here, the use of "darling" does not mean one is gay or straight or whatever, I don't understand why there is even have to be a discussion on sexual position here.

I refer to Keel as my darling colleague because I'm fond of his interesting writing style . I always find it cute. That's it, that's all.

Got it , sweetheart ?
Oh!
Our English readings always use"darling"in the conversation between a couple!
Thx.

Oh!
Our English readings always use"darling"in the conversation between a couple!
Thx.

Yea it can be used between couple, but also it can be used between people who have fond affections for each other. Fond affection doesn't necessarily mean sexual interest. I'll give you an example of a sentence where the word darling can be used:

a) During Yu Fang's stay in Taipei county, she was able to visit her grandmother in the village of Houtong, a place where Yu Fang grew up during her primary years. While there, she was able to bond with her darling friend Guo, a childhood friend whom she grew up during primary years.

b) The sweet embrace of Satoshi proved tantalizing to Ryusaburo , reminding him of the fond friendship between the two brother-like friends. After Satoshi parted ways with Ryusaburo, the deep fraternal affection Satoshi had for Ryusaburo caused him to weep as he bade farewell to his darling friend.

Anytime, sweetheart. :)

Yea it can be used between couple, but also it can be used between people who have fond affections for each other. Fond affection doesn't necessarily mean sexual interest. I'll give you an example of a sentence where the word darling can be used:

a) During Yu Fang's stay in Taipei county, she was able to visit her grandmother in the village of Houtong, a place where Yu Fang grew up during her primary years. While there, she was able to bond with her darling friend Guo, a childhood friend whom she grew up during primary years.

b) The sweet embrace of Satoshi proved tantalizing to Ryusaburo , reminding him of the fond friendship between the two brother-like friends. After Satoshi parted ways with Ryusaburo, the deep fraternal affection Satoshi had for Ryusaburo caused him to weep as he bade farewell to his darling friend.

Anytime, sweetheart. :)
Thank u for ur English lesson~Darling >▽<

China is very competitive. You need to work harder and smarter
....Since today's news has come out,I will work harder;D Or I will lose my good salary.

Last edited:
LOOOL

Geez you are desperate!
Just buzz off and go next door for your antics please

I just want to let you know that i appreciate you. You always tend to follow me, so , i'll tend to follow you now. ;)

No I have absolutely no interest in following you
You have grossly misunderstood

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom