What British people think about China

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
5071.jpg

Doesn't matter what they think of us.

What matters is the UK government is allowing China to build their vital infrastructure. Communications, Water, and now Nuclear reactors and High speed rail. And Financial infrastructure like them saying they will turn London into an overseas hub for Yuan trading.

Good for business. :enjoy:

Nothing bad here, they're merely attesting to the nature of hard work and good Confucian work ethic of East Asian peoples. This is not a trait of Chinese, but also Japanese, Koreans.

There is a Japanese proverb that goes, "better the virtue of hard work, than the sully of drunken imbecility."

It goes back to the preferred and virtuous nature of hard and diligent work, going above and beyond. Excellence in work is not just an "8 to 5" regimen, but the very nature of one's being. I suppose that differentiates East Asian success rates from other societies that do not have the same stringent expectations.

Remember; Japan did not become ultra-modernized by just expecting to be spoon fed. Japan , an island and resource poor nation, became an advanced military, diplomatic and economic society by the fact that all 130 million of us aspired to make th enation great. For the nation, of the nation. There was no such thing, or ever is , the concept of "entitlement" in Japan. I think this applies to Koreans and Chinese.

t-time_t-kanji-tenkamuteki

Work hard, work true, work honestly, for all happens under Heaven.

Do you always resupply whenever you drop by Chinatown? :lol:

Always, buddy. I even have my favorite supermarket that i go to in Chinatown Philly. The owner knows me --- she gives me discounts, lol. See with Chinese owners, all you have to do is rub elbows, and they'll love you.

Hard workers, and if you show them respect, they'll go the extra mile. :-)

Always, buddy. I even have my favorite supermarket that i go to in Chinatown Philly. The owner knows me --- she gives me discounts, lol. See with Chinese owners, all you have to do is rub elbows, and they'll love you.

Hard workers, and if you show them respect, they'll go the extra mile. :-)
:eek: i never get any discounts in chinatown, you sure know how to sweet talk the old lady :lol:

:eek: i never get any discounts in chinatown, you sure know how to sweet talk the old lady :lol:

buahaha! i always get discounts in Chinese stores. they probably think i'm an ABC. ;)

Bro, its all about how you talk to 'em. Call every older man Uncle, and every older woman Auntie.

buahaha! i always get discounts in Chinese stores. they probably think i'm an ABC. ;)
So you speak some broken Cantonese to the store owners, how else would they think you are ABC? :lol:
But i doubt it, since you look very Japanese huahahaha can't fool them

Doesn't matter what they think of us.

What matters is the UK government is allowing China to build their vital infrastructure. Communications, Water, and now Nuclear reactors and High speed rail. And Financial infrastructure like them saying they will turn London into an overseas hub for Yuan trading.

Good for business. :enjoy:

China isnt building any nuclear reactor in U.K, its France that's building one, China is manly providing the finance/capital for this project,while France leads the project, since the technology/expertise/experience needed is held by france. China itself got(and is still getting) its own nuclear reactor tech from France/U.S/Japan. The one you are building on your own is either derived from these countries imput or not yet mature yet. So how can we let you build one here meanwhile there are much experienced players like France/Japan/U.S or even Russia who all have decades of experience/skill and mature tech doing this. So it will be years/decades before China can be allowed to build a nuclear reactor in any western country on its own tech/designs. Need alot of time to mature, since Nuclear technology is a sensitive field.

And dont start saying we are anti China because of this, we are still by far the most open/broad minded/welcoming country in Europe, so its not being biased. Just that Chinad own civil nuclear tech is proven/mature yet, it will need more time for that.

By contrast Huawei is quite experienced in telecom field and its tech is quite mature/advanced and proven, reason it does win contracts here without any bias. As you can see Britain has no bias against China, since we dont see China as a threat unlike say the U.S or Japan. So our business relations with China are friendlywelcome.
Plus dont forget we invest far more in China than vice versa......Win-Win cooperation. :enjoy:

Nothing bad here, they're merely attesting to the nature of hard work and good Confucian work ethic of East Asian peoples. This is not a trait of Chinese, but also Japanese, Koreans.

There is a Japanese proverb that goes, "better the virtue of hard work, than the sully of drunken imbecility."

It goes back to the preferred and virtuous nature of hard and diligent work, going above and beyond. Excellence in work is not just an "8 to 5" regimen, but the very nature of one's being. I suppose that differentiates East Asian success rates from other societies that do not have the same stringent expectations.

Remember; Japan did not become ultra-modernized by just expecting to be spoon fed. Japan , an island and resource poor nation, became an advanced military, diplomatic and economic society by the fact that all 130 million of us aspired to make th enation great. For the nation, of the nation. There was no such thing, or ever is , the concept of "entitlement" in Japan. I think this applies to Koreans and Chinese.

t-time_t-kanji-tenkamuteki

Work hard, work true, work honestly, for all happens under Heaven.

True, having been to China, S.Korea, and Japan, i can attest to this. You Eas Asians work quite hard to be honest. Plus the Japanese in particular have an obsession for perfection in all they do and everything is too orderly/follow set of rules. Japanese and East Asians in general are well-behaved. They are also quite polite, humble , modest, friendly , broad-minded, calm, respectful, and give respect to others. They don't abuse openly. @Nihonjin1051 i guess you know something about this last one:p: lol

Overall, thats why i will prefer East Asians to immigrate more here anyday than the crazy islamo in the middle east/muslims countries who dont bring/add much to our country apart from complaining day and night how bad/immoral the west is..:bounce:

True, having been to China, S.Korea, and Japan, i can attest to this. You Eas Asians work quite hard to be honest. Plus the Japanese in particular have an obsession for perfection in all they do and everything is too orderly/follow set of rules. Japanese and East Asians in general are well-behaved. They are also quite polite, humble , modest, friendly , broad-minded, calm, respectful, and give respect to others. They don't abuse openly. @Nihonjin1051 i guess you know something about this last one:p: lol

I think , judging from my interaction with ABCs , ABKs, and ABJs [ABC= american born chinese, ABK = american born korean, ABJ = american born japanese] is that even tho they are "americanized" in a way, they still , most of them, retain semblance of confucian filial piety. The way they interact with their peers in school, at work, it is very respectful, collaborative, cooperative, empowering, and accomodating in nature. They do not speak with a loud voice, speak calm, encourage inclusivity, and are very genuinely concerned about the well being of their peers. Tho they are Americanized, they may have adopted some western social practices even western colloquial diction (accent) but they still retain the Japanese, Korean and Chinese social etiquette. I suppose it goes back to conservative family teachings.

The thing is, Mike, East Asians are taught not to make a "big deal" outside. We don't like making problems, we don't like "noise", we don't like social disharmony. For one, its not good to question the laws that be, second it is unvirtuous to go against the structure of society, third it is considered unrighteous to rebel and show discord. Anarchy is the antithesis of East Asian social dynamic. Harmony is always impressed and stressed.

This is why if you go to the West or even in other parts of the world; most Japanese or Chinese or Korean immigrants there, for the most part that is, follow the rules, are productive members of society, and encourage and teach their offspring to maintain that excellence. We encourage our kids to study hard, to attain good grades, participate in pro-educative extra curricular activities such as joining the marching band, piano or guitar clubs, joining science clubs, and to practice mind and body health by going to martial arts classes as it helps release the poisons of daily life and routine.

East Asia and East Asian; associate it with hard work, diligence, obedience, law abiding, structured, considerate, harmony, excellence, integration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom