What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

(Deen-e-mullah fi sabeel-illah fassad which loosely transcribed means "religion of the mullah is anarchy in the name of Allah") Dr. Allama Iqbal

And he is correct.

Every time I read Dr. Iqbal its just a magical travel, what a visionary, how eloquent. It just doesn't add up how come a man almost 100 years ago could envision things to come

I don't know when Iqbal's pan-India sentiment made way for his sentiment for Pakistan but he certainly kept progressive company. I quote from a thread of mine from 2016 which is an article by Nadeem Paracha :
Building upon the initial thoughts of Sindhi and Sihwarwl were perhaps South Asia’s two most ardent and articulate supporters and theoreticians of Islamic Socilaism: Ghulam Ahmed Parvez and Dr. Khalifa Abdul Hakim.

Parvez was a prominent ‘Quranist’, or an Islamic scholar who insisted that for the Muslims to make progress in the modern world, Islamic thought and laws should be entirely based on the modern interpretations of the Qu’ran and on the complete rejection of the hadith (sayings of the Prophet and his companions based on hearsay and compiled over a 100 years after the Prophet’s demise).

After studying traditional Muslim texts, as well as Sufism, Parvez claimed that almost all hadiths were fabrications by those who wanted Islam to seem like an intolerant faith and by ancient Muslim kings who used these hadiths to give divine legitimacy to their tyrannical rules.

Parvez also insisted that Muslims should spend more time studying the modern sciences instead of wasting their energies on fighting out ancient sectarian conflicts or ignoring the true egalitarian and enlightening spirit of the Qu’ran by indulging in multiple rituals handed down to them by ancient ulema, clerics and compilers of the hadith.

Understandably, Parvez was right away attacked by conservative Islamic scholars and political outfits.

But this didn’t stop famous Muslim philosopher and poet, Muhammad Iqbal, to befriend the young scholar and then introduce him to the future founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
You must read the rest of the article, especially further mention of Iqbal.
I read his book a very small one on capitalist economy he was simply one of the greatest minds.

Is it available in English free online ?

Three talented contestants in auditions of Pakistan Idol ( I don't know the years ) :

1. The confident and funny Anzik Majid. In other vids about this same audition the views have been a few million.

2. Rosemary.

3. Maria Meer.

---

@Zibago @RealNapster @Mentee @ps3linux @fitpOsitive @Meengla @Goenitz @Indos @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @Naofumi @Cliftonite

Amazingly talented kids.....

One sweet kishore Kumar song.... choti si ye duniya aur jaane raste.... tum kahi to miloge kabhi to miloge.....

Last edited:
I loved it ! :D

And the comments... funny too.
The best line was

no hurry on this south american dictator
i'll assassinate him later

583992f82a67e.jpeg

Alright so here's another thread to share the music you men are "listening" to.

No more skanky stuff, or this gets locked up for good too and some of you will be sent on a long, long, long leave.

1. 'Jab bhi yeh dil udaas hota hai' from the 1971 film Seema. Increase the volume because it is low in the vid. And must say that a girl named Seema was my first love. She was in the same computer institute as me. :D

2. 'Aap ki aankhon me kuch' originally from the film Ghar but performed here by Pakistani artistes. Any Pakistani member knows the name of the female singer ? She has a nice voice and also is beautiful.

3. 'Ajnabi kaun ho tum' from the film Sweekar Kiya Maine.

---

@Mentee @ps3linux @fitpOsitive @Meengla @Goenitz @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom