What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

"Bohot khush hain tere baare main jabse sochna chodda".

Nice !

And welcome back. Long time no see.

I didn't like the intro but from the "sau baar..." onward it is great. And the visuals also match the style of singing. Atmospheric. And the actress is pretty.

The song is familiar to me from my days of listening to Vividh Bharati radio service.

And do listen to the below songs.

---

My playlist for today :

1. 'Wasiye gulan' a Kashmiri song by Saim Bhat from the Indian side of Kashmir. @Zibago, what do the lyrics mean ? @Indos, maybe you will like it and also listen to the below songs.

2. 'Jo bheji thi dua' originally from the Hindi film Shanghai but performed here by artistes I don't know of. This is a superb version. The male singer is Sanam Puri and the female is Sanah Moidutty. The musicians are also superb.

3. 'Aap ki aankhon me kuch' originally from the Hindi film Ghar but performed here by Pakistani artistes on Geo TV. Not only is the singing nice but also are the musicians. The female singer is quite pretty.

4. 'Jab bhi ye dil udaas hota hai' originally from the Hindi film Seema but performed here by Pakistani artistes again on Geo TV. Wonderful singers and musicians.

5. 'Sun saathiya' from the Hindi film ABCD 2 performed here by Nahid Afrin in Indian Idol Junior 2. Nahid was the Rapunzel of that season - look at her hair !

---

@Mentee @ps3linux @Meengla @Goenitz @TheGreatMaratha

@Naofumi

This song I dedicate for all the PDF female members :ashamed:

@Naofumi

This song I dedicate for all the PDF female members :ashamed:

This Indonesian song has similar message with that Garry Barlow song but in this one the women side that wants her man come back to her :cray:

Last edited:
Three talented contestants in auditions of Pakistan Idol ( I don't know the years ) :

1. The confident and funny Anzik Majid. In other vids about this same audition the views have been a few million.

2. Rosemary.

3. Maria Meer.
---

@Zibago @RealNapster @Mentee @ps3linux @fitpOsitive @Meengla @Goenitz @Indos @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @Naofumi @Cliftonite

I wouldn't worry about the first kid I could pretty much guess his background so no worries even if doesn't make it to mainstream.

Rosemary despite and outstanding voice I don't know. With her talents I am sure she would at-least be part of a choir in a church. Mostly singing teachers in better schools are from the same ethnicity, nothing against the ethnicity, all respects.

As for Maria Meer enjoy this one:

The "Pakistan Idol" by Jew Network was a highly manipulative and useless show that is why it failed to pick momentum, although we don't have the kind of exposure/opportunities like your country but those who come to limelight are a force to reckon, we are thanks to Almighty on a better path hopefully a decade down the road it will be different.

I wouldn't worry about the first kid I could pretty much guess his background so no worries even if doesn't make it to mainstream.

I see that he has released singles since his appearance on Idol.

As for Maria Meer enjoy this one:

It is good in every sense. I remember that someone had posted this song not too long ago. And Maria seems to have improved since her appearance on Idol. I suppose good mentoring by Amanat Ali.

The "Pakistan Idol" by Jew Network was a highly manipulative and useless show that is why it failed to pick momentum, although we don't have the kind of exposure/opportunities like your country but those who come to limelight are a force to reckon, we are thanks to Almighty on a better path hopefully a decade down the road it will be different.

Well, I will accept that Indian Idol is better produced and better resourced than Pakistan Idol. And maybe because of the population game there are more contestants in India than in Pakistan.

I do hope that Pakistan Idol can be taken up by another network since you have reservations about Geo and better produced.

I see that he has released singles since his appearance on Idol.

It is good in every sense. I remember that someone had posted this song not too long ago. And Maria seems to have improved since her appearance on Idol. I suppose good mentoring by Amanat Ali.

Well, I will accept that Indian Idol is better produced and better resourced than Pakistan Idol. And maybe because of the population game there are more contestants in India than in Pakistan.

I do hope that Pakistan Idol can be taken up by another network since you have reservations about Geo and better produced.

What a gifted child:

What a gifted child:

Ah, the Rapunzel of Indian Idol ( look at her hair ! ).

And yes, very gifted. I like the above version more than the original one in the film.

Watch this performance of hers for 'Jaadu hai nasha hai'. John Abraham is mesmerized.

It is sad that some time after the competition she faced some hatred from some Hindutvadis in Assam ( her home state ) who snidely called her a Bangladeshi illegal and some mullahs also there who created some hungama for no reason at all.

But since the competition she has become well-known and has also sung at some big stadium-based event organized by her state government.

During Indian Idol Junior itself in 2015 Sonakshi and Vishal Dadlani got her to do two songs in Sonakshi's film Akira. You can watch that talk here.

Ah, the Rapunzel of Indian Idol ( look at her hair ! ).

And yes, very gifted. I like the above version more than the original one in the film.

Watch this performance of hers for 'Jaadu hai nasha hai'. John Abraham is mesmerized.

Exceptional, a gifted child. Three extremely gifted children I have seen lately, coming from the same competition.

It is sad that some time after the competition she faced some hatred from some Hindutvadis in Assam ( her home state ) who snidely called her a Bangladeshi illegal and some mullahs also there who created some hungama for no reason at all.

But since the competition she has become well-known and has also sung at some big stadium-based event organized by her state government.

(Deen-e-mullah fi sabeel-illah fassad which loosely transcribed means "religion of the mullah is anarchy in the name of Allah") Dr. Allama Iqbal

Every time I read Dr. Iqbal its just a magical travel, what a visionary, how eloquent. It just doesn't add up how come a man almost 100 years ago could envision things to come....... I read his book a very small one on capitalist economy he was simply one of the greatest minds.

Back
Top Bottom