What's new

West Bengal will take care of Assam riot refugees: Mamata Banerjee

LaBong

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
BOLPUR (WB): West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Moday said her government would take the "best care" of refugees who had crossed over to the state from Assam following the ethnic violence there.

"Refugees have crossed over to West Bengal from Assam since riots broke out at Kokrajhar and other areas and we have provided them shelter like our brothers and sisters. We will take the best of care for them," Banerjee told a public rally in this town in Birbhum district.

"These homeless people have come to Alipurduar, Kumargram and other areas of Jalpaiguri. We will take care for them and honour them as our guests," she said.

Banerjee said her government acted responsibly in the last 10 days by not giving any statement but by working to provide shelter to the homeless people.

"We consider it a greater social responsibility to take care of refugees but we will not allow CPM to make any political issue out of the sufferings of refugees," the chief minister said, adding "riots are dangerous. Nobody wants it. We will never support any rioter."

Accusing CPM of 'seeking to politicise the Assam refugee issue', Banerjee charged the Marxists with 'planning to foment riots'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I do agree with her for humanitarian reasons, but I hope these refugees will be placed refugee camp under UN supervision until situation improves in Assam and will not be doled out ration card etc.

Also Bangladeshis should learn something from her before returning those Rohingyas to sure death.

West Bengal will take care of Assam riot refugees: Mamata Banerjee - The Economic Times

^^^^^^^^^^^

So Abir you suggest to place your own countrymen to refugee camp? When did West Bengal became a country to itself?

Today I saw a video on France24 which shows Bangladeshis indulge in pole vaulting into India even to buy petrol.

^^^^^^^^^^^

So Abir you suggest to place your own countrymen to refugee camp? When did West Bengal became a country to itself?

^^^^^^^^

Bangladesh played its role for the past 40 years. You were not with us.

We need to reach a consensus that they are Indian citizens first, so far all news papers are referring them as settlers, migrants and they can't be settlers/migrants from West Bengal.

come on..why west bengal every time???is most "densely populated state" award not enough for West Bengal to think about it??other state must take responsibility,because we know very well,these bangladeshis will not move from west bengal at all,as it is easier to hide between crores of bangalis than other states where they recognised them easily,and more and more will pour in..we are the worst affected state of this illegal migration. :hitwall: :hitwall:

come on..why west bengal every time???is most "densely populated state" award not enough for West Bengal to think about it??other state must take responsibility,because we know very well,these bangladeshis will not move from west bengal at all,as it is easier to hide between crores of bangalis than other states where they recognised them easily,and more and more will pour in..we are the worst affected state of this illegal migration. :hitwall: :hitwall:

They should be send back to their beautiful Bangladesh. :hitwall:

Yes I am in no mood to accommodate more refugees, that's why I said we need to make sure that they don't get ration card doled out to them.

However I support the decision because of humanitarian reason. It's better that the state is taking care of them and thus knowing the where-about of them. It's better than having them diluted in the population.

All other states should push the illegal Bangladeshis back to WB. Mamata Didi will take good care of them.

oyee, those refugees came to North Bengal because it's bordering Assam. We are not thakedars of Bangladeshis.

All other states should push the illegal Bangladeshis back to WB. Mamata Didi will take good care of them.

nope...it'll be easier to kick them out,because,border is near..but then,we need "Bangladeshi Detector" for that :lol:

oyee, those refugees came to North Bengal because it's bordering Assam. We are not thakedars of Bangladeshis.

Takedars or not, I don't see Bengalis having any problem with illegal Bengali immigration while all other states bordering BD have problems to the extent of locals taking up arms against Govt bcs of the immigration problem. So naturally I assumed Bengalis are comfortable with this.

Takedars or not, I don't see Bengalis having any problem with illegal Bengali immigration while all other states bordering BD have problems to the extent of locals taking up arms against Govt bcs of the immigration problem. So naturally I assumed Bengalis are comfortable with this.

come on...how can we detect who is Bangladeshi and who is not,all of them uses almost same dialect of bengali just like us..

but go to north bengal,you'll see that locals are always complaining about Bangladeshis..

Because they are not ghettoized like Assam. Also illegal migration was mostly unchecked in 80s and 90s but it has been reduced in last 10 decade. Check the population growth rate.

There are 40-50 million bengladeshi immigrants in India, who live illegally.

Back
Top Bottom