What's new

Wearing Hijab Not An Essential Religious Practice, Says Karnataka High Court

To quote B.R. Ambedkar:
The Hindus criticise the Mahomedans for having spread their religion by the use of the sword. They also ridicule Christianity on the score of the Inquisition.

But really speaking, who is better and more worthy of our respect—the Mahomedans and Christians who attempted to thrust down the throats of unwilling persons what they regarded as necessary for their salvation, or the Hindu who would not spread the light, who would endeavour to keep others in darkness, who would not consent to share his intellectual and social inheritance with those who are ready and willing to make it a part of their own make-up?

I have no hesitation in saying that if the Mahomedan has been cruel, the Hindu has been mean; and meanness is worse than cruelty.

There are dozens of Maulanas and Maulvis that claim that full burqa with black gloves is an essential religious practice for Muslims. So, will the schools, colleges, offices then allow that? question is above uniform or below?

There are dozens of Maulanas and Maulvis that claim that full burqa with black gloves is an essential religious practice for Muslims. So, will the schools, colleges, offices then allow that? question is above uniform or below?
They should allow it. How does it matter what they wear

I think Indian governance is based on constitution and not Sharia....same is the case here in NZ....

Thier court heard narrative and arguments of both sides and based on evidence, gave the ruling......

Didn't Indian Muslims aware of all those Hadiths, interpretations which you presented? or they did not fought their case well?

?????????????????????????????????????

Fix your comprehension skills

OK I will make it more simple to you :

Private things in Islamic Law

5 times Prayer is an obligation for any Muslim who has reach puberty, but Islamic government cannot punish us if we dont pray

Hijab is an obligation for any women Muslim who has reached puberty, but Islamic government cannot punish Muslim women if they dont wear Hijab

Because such punishment cannot be seen in either Quran and Hadith

Public thing in Islamic Law where government should intervene

You killed people, then the punishment in the earth has been written in Quran, you must be killed if Islamic Court can prove your wrong conduct, unless the victim family forgive you

This punishment needs Government to intervene ( conduct the court and killed you)

------------------------------------------------

OK I will make it simple, how if Indonesian court said, Indonesian Hindu religious activity in making statue is not important/essential to Hindu religion, then any statue makers should stop making statue of Hindu Gods ???

This is comparable to Indian court saying Hijab is not essential to Islam

They should allow it. How does it matter what they wear

Why should an institution throw away its rules, pupil's discipline and even probably the whole purpose of education to accommodate unreasonable demands of few? Tomorrow gol topi for boys and namaz room and break during classes, how about no kafir or male teachers next?

Why should an institution throw away its rules, pupil's discipline and even probably the whole purpose of education to accommodate unreasonable demands of few? Tomorrow gol topi for boys and namaz room and break during classes, how about no kafir or male teachers next?
How does a Burqa affect the learning ability of Muslim girls?

Be practical.

How does a Burqa affect the learning ability of Muslim girls?

Be practical.

I didn't say anything about the learning ability of Muslim girls, I just why bend rules and discipline of an institution. The schools didn't invite you to come and get admission there, when you have done that you abide by the rules. As kids we were sent home if we even wore brown socks instead of black, I never cried that the damn Christian missionary school is harassingly poor me for being a Hindu.

Mind explaining how a piece of cloth is detrimental to learning science and arts? Just because majority can make a rule, doesn't mean it would be rational as well. You are bringing in rules this and rules that as if Hijab is some kind of drug that kills the learning ability of kids.

I think Indian governance is based on constitution and not Sharia....same is the case here in NZ....

Thier court heard narrative and arguments of both sides and based on evidence, gave the ruling......

Didn't Indian Muslims aware of all those Hadiths, interpretations which you presented? or they did not fought their case well?
The court ruling says it would be considered a mandatory practice if,
1 - Scripture says it explicitly
2 - Being done since forever

There is no mention of prayer congregation explicitly in Quran, there is also no mention of structure of mosque but in case of prayers and Hijab/purdah we can find hadith. So what exactly Indian court took into account?

Was it Waseem Rizvi whose interpretation of Islam was made a basis of this ruling or Tarek Fateh?

I didn't say anything about the learning ability of Muslim girls, I just why bend rules and discipline of an institution. The schools didn't invite you to come and get admission there, when you have done that you abide by the rules. As kids we were sent home if we even wore brown socks instead of black, I never cried that the damn Christian missionary school is harassingly poor me for being a Hindu.
Discard stupid rules! Okay?

Muslims are have religious freedom as equal citizens

LOL, so this right-wing irrational mullah group, PFI, now speaks on behalf of all the Muslims in the world and is imposing its regressive, patriarchal and irrational beliefs on the Indian Muslim females ?

Man, you are speaking full-on Taliban speak. :lol:
I am not saying force burqa on the unwilling. Those who want to wear it. Let them do so freely.

Schools and colleges should update their rules.

This reminded me of old days! 🙂 I have been sent back from school for even having long hair, missing a belt, etc. Dress inspection used to be a stressful time. 😋IMHO students should be give an environment where they can focus on learning from teachers, each other, etc. The matters of religion, politics, etc. are better left to adults & when a child has matured into an adult (after gaining sufficient knowledge) they can choose what kind of lifestyle they want to follow. Even God would not classify a child as a sinner for matters/actions which they don't understand.

Mind explaining how a piece of cloth is detrimental to learning science and arts? Just because majority can make a rule, doesn't mean it would be rational as well. You are bringing in rules this and rules that as if Hijab is some kind of drug that kills the learning ability of kids.

The court ruling says it would be considered a mandatory practice if,
1 - Scripture says it explicitly
2 - Being done since forever

There is no mention of prayer congregation explicitly in Quran, there is also no mention of structure of mosque but in case of prayers and Hijab/purdah we can find hadith. So what exactly Indian court took into account?

Was it Waseem Rizvi whose interpretation of Islam was made a basis of this ruling or Tarek Fateh?

I fail to understand, why we the Pakistani posters are raising this hue and cry?

What shall one aspect from Kangaroo Courts, under a "Hindu Raj", regarding Muslims right?

This third rate superior judiciary of India are doing exactly, what is expected of them.

Discard stupid rules! Okay?

Muslims are have religious freedom as equal citizens

Now school uniform is stupid? Who will decide the rules of a school, the school management or neighborhood maulvi? Yes, Muslims have equal rights and are equal citizen, nobody is allowed to wear religious or cultural symbols be it hijab, burkha or dupatta ghooghat etc

Now school uniform is stupid? Who will decide the rules of a school, the school management or neighborhood maulvi? Yes, Muslims are equal rights and are equal citizen, nobody is allowed to wear religious or cultural symbols be it hijab, burkha or dupatta ghooghat etc
Ghoonghat is optional. But Hijab is mandatory for Muslim females as Muslim members have pointed out.

Do you want to deny them education because of the religion they follow?

IMG_20220316_135333.jpg

Back
Top Bottom