What's new

WE WILL SELL T-129 ATAK GUNSHIP TO PAKISTAN :TAI General Manager Temel Kotil

Is Engine such a big deal?

I know its the heart of any product, but its not something that with proper care burns out easily or quickly

Even though the engine will be Yankee we will buy the product through Turkey and I feel with reserves and intermittent good relations its not such a big deal.

Its a big deal if you are buying hundreds with it forming the front line of your defence like your primary jet fightet

Since we are already buying some helicopters from the USA this isnt a big deal for me and we should go for the Turkish platform alongside the Chinese platform and utilise our good relations with both countries to obtain support as the platforms mature
Turkey is already facing engine issue for Altay although Altay engine is from Austria

I strongly believe WZ10 & T129 are toe toe & Pakistan is still thinking about it.

T129 ATAK Himalayalar’da… https://goo.gl/EYjS3K

Translated from Turkish by Bing

T129 ATAK in the Himalayas. https://goo.gl/EYjS3K

C36TO3GWAAEXTuY.jpg

I strongly believe WZ10 & T129 are toe toe & Pakistan is still thinking about it.
I agree and I think Pakistan should test MI 28 and KA-52 of Russia also than decide among these 4 helicopters. Russia already has offered us MI-28 during IDEAS 2014.

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) General Manager Temel Kotil has said that TAI is actively working to land a T-129 sale with Pakistan, Milliyet reported this week. He was speaking at an event hosted by ?stanbul Dü?ünce Vakf? (Istanbul Thought Foundation).

A T-129 was sent to Pakistan for tests in June 2016, in which its hot-and-high and endurance capabilities were examined.

READ MORE: Pakistan-Turkey, United Nations, international community, UN Security Council reforms
TAI is also capable of exporting the T-129, particularly its CTS800 turboshaft (developed by Honeywell and Rolls-Royce), indicating that the company has the requisite export licenses.

Kotil reportedly claimed that TAI “will sell [T-129s] to Pakistan in the coming months.”

TAI acquired the T-129 from AgustaWestland as part of the Turkish Armed Forces’ (TSK) requirement for new attack helicopters in 2008. The platform’s production was entirely transferred to Turkey.

READ MORE: Pakistan-Turkey Military Dialogue Group meeting held
Aselsan and Roketsan are providing the T-129’s onboard electronics and munitions, respectively. The Turkish company Meteksan is testing a millimeter wave radar for the T-129.

TAI and the Turkish Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) consider Pakistan as a major prospective client, one that can provide the T-129 a strong “reference” for the aircraft, TAI and the Turkish defence industry.

https://timesofislamabad.com/oped-p...29-combat-helicopters-from-turkey/2017/02/09/

it is not money Turkey is looking for but a good sale would fire the shot in turkish defence .it will encourage Turkey to invest more on defence sector!as you can see Atak is not best or best looking one..we Turks also like Pakistan want nice best one in our sky but we have to make the best one otherwise we will continue to be slaved forever!
any way we Turks respect Pakistan choice..

it is not money Turkey is looking for but a good sale would fire the shot in turkish defence .it will encourage Turkey to invest more on defence sector!as you can see Atak is not best or best looking one..we Turks also like Pakistan want nice best one in our sky but we have to make the best one otherwise we will continue to be slaved forever!
any way we Turks respect Pakistan choice..

We like Turkey

A strong and capable Turkey means a stronger Pakistan and vice versa

if we were a rich country then it wouldn't even be a topic if debate we would have inducted a number of Turkish platforms with the knowledge that the growth of Turkish defence industry secures Pakistan

BUT we are a poor developing country (hopefully to get better and better over the next few years/decades)
we have budget limitations and we have to be frugal and wise with our expenditure and make our money go far

hopefully as Turkey grows and Pakistan rises this will change

Kotil: Pakistan’a ATAK satacağız!
aa_picture_20141017_3552957_high-1-Kopya.jpg

Kotil: Pakistan’a ATAK satacağız!
E-posta

TAI Genel Müdürü Temel Kotil İstanbul Düşünce Vakfı’nın toplantısında T129 ATAK Helikopteri ve Hürkuş’taki son gelişmeler hakkında bilgiler verdi.

TAI Genel Müdürü Temel Kotil, İstanbul Düşünce Vakfı tarafından düzenlenen toplantıda “ATAK helikopterimizi kontrollü olarak satabiliyoruz, önümüzdeki aylarda Pakistan’a satacağız” dedi.

Pakistan Kara Havacılık Komutanlığı’nın isteği doğrultusunda T129 ATAK Taarruz ve Taktik Keşif Helikopteri 21-31 Mayıs 2016 tarihleri arasında Pakistan’ın zorlayıcı iklim ve coğrafi koşullarında, Pano Aqil’de 50 derecede yüksek sıcaklık testlerini, Himalayalar’ın başlangıcı Hindikuş Dağları’nda ise 14.000 feet’te yüksek irtifa testlerini gerçekleştirmişti.

Öte yandan Kotil, Milli Savunma Bakanı Fikri Işık’ın Türk Havacılık ve Uzay Sanayii tesislerini ziyareti sırasında gündeme getirdiği ‘İnsansız Hürkuş’ konusunda ise büyük bir ihtimalle insansız modelinin yapılmayacağını söyledi.

T129 ATAK Attack and Tactical Reconnaissance Helicopter at the request of the Pakistani Land Aviation Command has conducted high temperature tests at 50 degrees in Pano Aqil during the forced climate and geographical conditions of Pakistan between 21 and 31 May 2016 and at the beginning of the Himalayas in the Hindikush Mountains He performed high altitude tests at 14,000 feet.
TAI General Manager Temel Kotil gave information about the latest developments in T129 ATAK Helicopter and Hürkuş at the Istanbul Thought Trust meeting. TAI General Manager Temel Kotil said in a meeting organized by the Istanbul Thought Foundation that "ATAK can sell our helicopters under control, we will sell them to Pakistan in the coming months."
License production would be appreciated.

We like Turkey

A strong and capable Turkey means a stronger Pakistan and vice versa

if we were a rich country then it wouldn't even be a topic if debate we would have inducted a number of Turkish platforms with the knowledge that the growth of Turkish defence industry secures Pakistan

BUT we are a poor developing country (hopefully to get better and better over the next few years/decades)
we have budget limitations and we have to be frugal and wise with our expenditure and make our money go far

hopefully as Turkey grows and Pakistan rises this will change
brother like i said
we respect your choice !of course you want best option for your country .i mean why not t129 if it fits in your needs..

If US can sell attack heli to Pakistan we can sell too. US cant blokage the selling of T-129 to Pakistan accept they show a logical reason. There is no engine sanction to Pakistan if they sell you 15 new cobras.Mr Kotil talking about controlled sell of the Ltec engine. Turkey has a controlled sale deal about the engine and it ables to sell heli to Pakistan.

Controlled sale means "let us know before selling"
If target country doesnt have sunction like "iran",there is nothing to worry

As for the AH-1Z. If the U.S. releases more military aid, then I can almost guarantee additional AH-1Z.
Keeping in mind the history, we did not get the F-16 we even had paid for. Then seeing the current situation where Trump is looking for a reason so cut off ties with Pakistan, I think its better to avoid going that way. But then who knows how PAA or PAF surprises everyone. Despite endless controversies love story between PAF and F-16 never seems to end.

If they have passed the tests Pakistan should get them but with TOT. By the way we need to get engine from some other source.
Can Italy provide engine for T-129??

Back
Top Bottom