What's new

WE WILL SELL T-129 ATAK GUNSHIP TO PAKISTAN :TAI General Manager Temel Kotil

That's a more sensible idea but it still would be sub-optimal. No matter what you are commited to the Zulu's through-life support, then you'll add the Mi-35 and it's support needs and now there will be another foreign attack helo bought in limited numbers that needs to be maintained, crewed and supported throughout its lifespan.

This is a highly inefficeient and costly way of going about things, the marginal cost is meant to drop with every additional unit added but the way the PA is going about it the marginal cost will actually increase with every addtional unit.

With multiple times in limited numbers there is no chance of localised support infrastructure being set up and there will be inter-operability issues.

Just seems like a bad deal all around.
As i said mi 35 is not a gunship, its is basically is armoured flying APC.
So that has completely different role, woudl be ipeeated by special forces in limited no. 10-12 at best

Main theme would be either alone zulu or whether pak army wants 2 platforms
Zulus + ta 129/z-10

Remember their is a possiibilty that zulu might never come up

I highly doubt that pak army wants 3 dedicated gunships, there is no indication of that . this is simply a trial of z-10s vs ta 129

My guess we will go for either zulu+z-10 or if zulu cancelled or not provided on favourable terms than ta 129+z-10 whuch is not un reasonable given many countries emply 2-3 types of gunships

Remeber army does un reasonably take a major portion of budget in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom