What's new

WE WILL SELL T-129 ATAK GUNSHIP TO PAKISTAN :TAI General Manager Temel Kotil

Hmmm, interesting decision considering all the sanction-prone history of relations between Pakistan and western states, it's surprising that we'd want a chopper that is prone to sanctions.

TOT? the chopper has US made engines and European avionics, those countries aren't even willing for TOT (Transfer of Technology) to Pakistan.
How does it have European avionics?

''TAI Genel Müdürü Temel Kotil, İstanbul Düşünce Vakfı tarafından düzenlenen toplantıda “ATAK helikopterimizi kontrollü olarak satabiliyoruz, önümüzdeki aylarda Pakistan’a satacağız” dedi.''
In the coming months,we will be selling (some T-129) to Pakistan.
Thats what he says.
have the usa given honeywell and rolls royce a third party export licence?

I dont think he would have made that statement if there was a problem regarding the engine.
He is not a politician.
well he should know as they build them. mind you if they order the t129 then its bye bye z10 as the ah-1z and the mil-35combine the the t129 would fill their needs. any idea on its combat radius as compared to the z10?

well he should know as they build them. mind you if they order the t129 then its bye bye z10 as the ah-1z and the mil-35combine the the t129 would fill their needs. any idea on its combat radius as compared to the z10?
I dont think so,they already have 3 Z-10s(gifted) i believe and are planning to order more.
Its from 2013,dont forget the updates from both sides until date.

5T VS 7T

I dont think so,they already have 3 Z-10s(gifted) i believe and are planning to order more.

well they can always say no. but when your china no is not an option. they will undercut turkey and has seen combat. personally i feel the z10 is preferred. in about 10 years time they can use the indigenous Turkish engine on the t129. but that would mean the chopper is over powered so expect a larger version of the t129.

well they can always say no. but when your china no is not an option. they will undercut turkey and has seen combat. personally i feel the z10 is preferred. in about 10 years time they can use the indigenous Turkish engine on the t129. but that would mean the chopper is over powered so expect a larger version of the t129.
Who knows,im not betting on it.
I think they will go for the Z-10 but the TAI general manager made a statement,he is not a person to do that without certainty.

5T VS 7T

Z10 were not gifted. China gave them for trials. Even the signs etc on those Z10 are of PLA and not of Pakistan army. They would be returned to China after the trials.

Nothing is confirmed till now about both Z10 or T129 but this statement by TAI surely looks very important and can be a sign of things to happen in future.

you don't stop buying today and start making it yourself tomorrow, this deosn't stop anyone from making their own, takes time to build one in fact takes decades to make one and in the mean time you buy

for those tanks Pakistan has other plans :) which involves roasting

Some Roasted Indian tanks sound yummy!

@cabatli_53 confirm it for us ? im sick of these t129 for pakistan threads. it reminds me of the indian rafale thread.
But at the end they are getting 36 so hopefully we will also get some soon it's a matter of financing the deal

I think PA is in finalizing the deal of T-129's and in coming months we will see another break-through in Milgem Corvette deal as well .. I hope Pakistan will buy at least 50+ unit of T-129 and replace them with Aging Cobra, and also keep the 15 AH-Z1's with a follow up Order of 15 more .. Inshallah
@T-123456 @Sinan @cabatli_53 @fatman17 @Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) ? guys you have any info ?
AH Z might not been added anymore beside the first 15 so quickly but definitely T-129 but not sure how many

wel shall see i see good news for the f100 frigate though
You mean the I class frigate,the name has changed some time ago.
Btw,i dont think that they have decided yet,which one its going to be,ADA class or I(stanbul) class.

In the January 2017 edition of MSI, TAI officials said they anticipate getting called for proper negotiations (i.e. number of aircraft, configuration, costs, etc) sometime this year. TAI and the SSM said it was a significant program involving input from not just the Army, but also the Air Force and Navy.

If things go smoothly, then yes, we could imagine a contract being inked in 2017, but I wouldn't take anything for granted. This is a real deal, but we've had real deals collapse in the past too, such as the M2K purchase of the early 1990s, the Type 214 purchase and FC-20/J-10 purchase in the mid-2000s, and even the first attempt at the MILGEM in 2009-2010.

As for the AH-1Z. If the U.S. releases more military aid, then I can almost guarantee additional AH-1Z.

You mean the I class frigate,the name has changed some time ago.
Btw,i dont think that they have decided yet,which one its going to be,ADA class or I(stanbul) class.
yes that, im not upto date on the name changing thing, so i call it to what i last recall it being called.

with the new cobras, the Chinese stealth gunships, russian gunships and now these deadly birds, india might as well just give up on keep any tanks! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom