What's new

We Pakistanis Love Bollywood, We Can Love The People Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says Pakistani's love bollywood or Indians, Pakistani's are THURKY they just love your chicks.

Here's an interesting article by Syed Mubashir Zaidi, editor of Dawn News TV, Islamabad.

"This is for the first time when majority of Pakistanis, be it media or street talk, more or less felt almost nothing about Hillary Clinton's statement about India playing a lead role in the region. Most Pakistanis have heard this before about Pakistan from the US. No rhetoric for now. This is a welcome thing. And the reason: Pakistan is facing a bigger threat from within. The spate of suicide bombings and the sliding economic conditions have forced its people to ignore the right-wing mantra of 'hate India' or 'watch India-US alliance'.

The only reaction on Clinton's statement came from Foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar, who said Pakistan will not accept hegemony of any country in the region. But that statement was more meant for the military-dominated security apparatus which still is India-centric, than people at large. That's how it goes in Pakistan. Its foreign policy is always dictated by the powerful military.

But during Khar's trip to India, the two countries agreed upon some CBMs. It's a welcome sign. Also welcomed in Pakistan is India's response to the recent attacks in Mumbai. No finger pointing towards Pakistan has made Pakistanis take a sigh of relief-at least for now.

Away from the capital, bigger cities like Karachi and Lahore are full of Indian beauty products. Indian movies are regularly hitting theatres. The theatres in Pakistan are again thriving because of Indian movies after the collapse of the local film industry. At homes, Indian soap operas or crime series CID are watched regularly. That's why many Pakistanis ask: why can't Indians and Pakistanis be friends? The answer is simple. The governments of both countries are turning a blind eye to the desire of their people.

Pakistan's powerful judiciary is also inspired by the Indian judicial activism. On a daily basis, cases from Indian jurisprudence are quoted in the Supreme Court where all political controversies end up like India. For majority of Pakistanis, India-Pakistan rivalry is like Pakistan-China friendship. Rhetoric in curriculum moulds young minds in both countries towards a relationship that is based on hate. This has given rise to a false notion that even engaging with India would mean conceding ground.

The biggest compliment that an ordinary Pakistani would give to India is its commitment to democracy. Pakistani writers in all newspapers openly admire India's democracy and desire the same in Pakistan. Bollywood films and India's economic rise also fancy many Pakistanis, particularly the youth.

That's where India should come forward and engage with Pakistan and its people. As a first step, India should start offering admissions to Pakistani students in Indian universities. Even students exchange programme between universities of two countries may not be such a bad beginning.

Why should India engage with Pakistan in a positive way? Because India's ambitions to be a global player will always remain unfulfilled if an important neighbour remains unhappy. This may not stop India's economic or international rise, but it will not stabilize the region. India has to take the lead before another democratic dispensation in Pakistan gets wrapped up and we go back to failed summits and threatening postures. Please hurry up. Things are changing."

When will the day come when people of both nations will chant, "Hindi-Pakistani, Bhai Bhai"?

Find it funny that Pakistanis deny their liking for Bollywood but when the IIFA happened in Toronto, a huge chunk of the crowd outside and inside the rogers center was Pakistani. Pakistanis businesses were also milking the bollywood theme all over Toronto, quite ironic. There was even a club of people outside the Rogers center asking all the stars when IIFA would come to Pakistan lolzzz

Bijnis is business -

same here pal,especially that girl who made out with rajesh khanna in the b grade flick.

Who says Pakistani's love bollywood or Indians, Pakistani's are THURKY they just love your chicks.

Thanks for appreciation to Indian chicks and Making all Pakistanis Nymphomaniac. Anyways we heard the pakistanis saying same when we saw Hina Rabbani Khar. ;)

LOL.........

Thanks for appreciation to Indian chicks and Making all Pakistanis Nymphomaniac. Anyways we heard the pakistanis saying same when we saw Hina Rabbani Khar. ;)

Bijnis is business -

Exactly, Business is Business. Target Audience and the quality remains same for Bollywood. I know plenty of Indians dont watch Bollywood either but they dont come up with Strong words like "Hate". Anyways, If I am not wrong "Dabangg" was a hit in Pak as well.

I think Pakistani dramas are better than Indian films.

Some of must watch decent recent dramas are meri zaat zarra benishan, khuda aur mohabbat etc.

So i will hopefully avoid wasting time on watching indian movies, though i'm not denying that i had never watch indian movie.

Some of must watch decent recent dramas are meri zaat zarra benishan, khuda aur mohabbat etc.

So i will hopefully avoid wasting time on watching indian movies, though i'm not denying that i had never watch indian movie.

What's the budget of your Pakistani Drama?? do you know Indian Daily soaps earn much more than Lollywood Movies?? maybe thats why Indian Channels are ruling Pakistani TV

Man of Conflicting interest?? eh!

Anyways, I love Omar Sharif's stage shows and seen most of "Baqra Kishton Pe" and "Buddha Ghar pe hai?" stuff. So there are plenty of stages shows from Indian side as well which are famous world wide but are we talking about them, No? so lets fix ourselves to Bollywood Please.

Most of the people in Pakistan like and Watch Hindi Movies. But If any Indian will ask same thing ? They will say Nah, No I don't like. No Pakistani will say they Like but most of them watch without accepting the fact. This is nothing but Inferiority complex.

Check Bollywood stuff in Google Trend, More Pakistani search for Hindi movies rather than Indian itself.

On Nutshell, Bllywood Movies are made for Indians who living in India or Abroad. Not for Pakistani. So, weather they watch or don't watch. Their Opinion doesn't make difference. Our Views only matter after all it's made by us and For us only.

Man of Conflicting interest?? eh!

Anyways, I love Omar Sharif's stage shows and seen most of "Baqra Kishton Pe" and "Buddha Ghar pe hai?" stuff. So there are plenty of stages shows from Indian side as well which are famous world wide but are we talking about them, No? so lets fix ourselves to Bollywood Please.

He is not talking about stage shows but TV shows ..they call TV shows Drama in Pakistan

What's the budget of your Pakistani Drama?? do you know Indian Daily soaps earn much more than Lollywood Movies?? maybe thats why Indian Channels are ruling Pakistani TV

Do you expect any Pakistani will say Indian content is better than Pakistani even if it's better by 100 times ???

Few things are never accepted even the difference is 100 times. :mps:

This is the relation between India and Pakistan and looks like it will be for next 100 years.

after going through all the previous posts I can draw a few conclusions

1. Pakistanis on PDF don't like to watch bollywood or
2. They like to watch but refuse to admit as matter is something aka "national prestige"
3. Pakistanis on PDF are not comfortable with the idea of common likings of people on both sides of the border.

correct me if I'm wrong......

BTW on the last topic of pak students in indian universities. I kinda cautious about it not because of india pak relations but the culture and mentality and most importantly the standard of middle & high school education we posses. As far speaking for myself I have always been in an environment that is
1. non-religious or semi religious (independent thinking)
2. healthy political debating
3. heavily in touch with current affairs
4. Calm and studious
5. Masti only at proper times
6. Read more books than watching movies ...

I have also found all or some aspect of these are common in all indian households so I don't know how much of this goes in common in pakistanis...
I also think the author has en eye on the campus placement of our institutes (Fortune 500 companies) :azn: :azn:

Indians are less bother that Pakistani Loves or hates Indian Stuff...Please stops watching Indian Bollywood Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom