What's new

We Pakistanis Love Bollywood, We Can Love The People Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen men from other countries watching this crap. It's more of women from South Asia who are so into it.

Not true. I was in Bremen,Germany in 2007 and had gone to a local multiplex to watch Simpsons the movie. You cannot imagine my surprise when I saw a Rajnikanth movie running there!! I enquired a bit and was told that Indian movies (Bollywood,Tollywood, Kollywood etc etc) are screened a lot over there with sub titles.

Not true. I was in Bremen,Germany in 2007 and had gone to a local multiplex to watch Simpsons the movie. You cannot imagine my surprise when I saw a Rajnikanth movie running there!! I enquired a bit and was told that Indian movies (Bollywood,Tollywood, Kollywood etc etc) are screened a lot over there with sub titles.

Never heard of Rajniketh dude sorry..

And wtf is Tollywood and Kollywood? lol

wrong.. both men and women watch indian movies. if u go in a threatre or a multiplex u will find more guys than the girls. It is a fact.

Depends..
You will find more guys than girls in theater's generally.. and even more guys in movies such as Dil chahta hai.. or 3 idiots.
But try any SRK movie.. chances are the women are there as much as men
You are also ignoring the home video showing.. guys will go to the theater to watch a movie even as a general outing.
But less men than women will sit in front of the good ol tele to watch the Bolly flick

Depends..
You will find more guys than girls in theater's generally.. and even more guys in movies such as Dil chahta hai.. or 3 idiots.
You are also ignoring the home video showing.. guys will go to the theater to watch a movie even as a general outing.
But less men than women will sit in front of the good ol tele to watch the Bolly flick

Got to agree with this. Most guys watch bollywood movies maybe once a while when we're bored or what (even i watch maybe one or two Indian movies a year).. But girls go absolutely bat$h*t over this stuff.

You'll be surprise at the amount of girls who have bollywood stars pics somewhere in their facebook profile. How often do you see guys uploading bollywood star pics meanwhile?

Never heard of Rajniketh dude sorry..

And wtf is Tollywood and Kollywood? lol

I forgot to mention Sandalwood :). There is a huge movie industry in South India.The 3 major states have their own industry and are named Tollywood..etc etc

YOU HAVEN"T HEARD OF RAJNIKANTH!!! He is exaggeration personified. Tamilians,Japanese,Russians etc are his biggest fans. He is the highest paid actor in Asia after Jackie Chan. To give you an idea of the marketing (read hype) juggernaut thats Rajnikanth here is how he is described:
Rajni's email id is gmail@rajnikanth.com
When Rajnikanth does pushups he is actually pushing the earth down.
Once upon a time,dinosaurs borrowed money from Rajnikanth and never returned it. We all know what happened next.
He defies laws of physics
rajinitoon.gif

Last but not the least, Rajnikanth died 10 years ago. But death still hasn't mustered up enough courage to come and tell him that.

Depends..

From my personel experience I have seen boys are more interested in movies and ladies are more interested in dramas (to kill their time at home).
If u do a survey u will find that many boys are movie freak rather than girls. Try some Rajnikanth movie in India, they start as early as 6 o'clock in the morning and get booked for the week.

I forgot to mention Sandalwood :). There is a huge movie industry in South India.The 3 major states have their own industry and are named Tollywood..etc etc

YOU HAVEN"T HEARD OF RAJNIKANTH!!! He is exaggeration personified. Tamilians,Japanese,Russians etc are his biggest fans. He is the highest paid actor in Asia after Jackie Chan. To give you an idea of the marketing (read hype) juggernaut thats Rajnikanth here is how he is described:
Once upon a time,dinosaurs borrowed money from Rajnikanth and never returned it. We all know what happened next.

Last but not the least, Rajnikanth died 10 years ago. But death still hasn't mustered up enough courage to come and tell him that.

I've heard of Rajni. He's something like the Indian version of Chuck Norris right? Robot was big over here, playing in many cinemas lol

So basically he was an Indian version of Chuck Norris?

When will the Indian film industry stop copying American movies and names. :rolleyes:

Got to agree with this. Most guys watch bollywood movies maybe once a while when we're bored or what (even i watch maybe one or two Indian movies a year).. But girls go absolutely bat$h*t over this stuff.

You'll be surprise at the amount of girls who have bollywood stars pics somewhere in their facebook profile. How often do you see guys uploading bollywood star pics meanwhile?

Enough to make me wonder... :P

I've heard of Rajni. He's something like the Indian version of Chuck Norris right? Robot was big over here, playing in many cinemas lol

I don't think you can compare him to anyone. I happened to be working in Chennai the day Robot was released. There were 12 foot cutouts of him that people garlanded and prayed in front of before entering the movie. The first show was at 4.30am. The multiplex ran 26 shows in one day.Normal ticket rates are Rs.120 but that day they were going in black at Rs.5000. And people were buying. People came in from neighboring states taking leaves just to see his movie.
BTW In Malaysia, Enthiran grossed $1 million in the first weekend from 80 screens

I don't think you can compare him to anyone. I happened to be working in Chennai the day Robot was released. There were 12 foot cutouts of him that people garlanded and prayed in front of before entering the movie. The first show was at 4.30am. The multiplex ran 26 shows in one day.Normal ticket rates are Rs.120 but that day they were going in black at Rs.5000. And people were buying. People came in from neighboring states taking leaves just to see his movie.
BTW In Malaysia, Enthiran grossed $1 million in the first weekend from 80 screens

Yeah, Rajni is pretty huge here. I saw his movie once on TV (Padiappa i think). His style is immaculate, and great dialogue delivery :P

Anyone got any recommendations for a Rajnikanth movie? I'm in the mood for something silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom