What's new

We Pakistanis Love Bollywood, We Can Love The People Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the people??
No problem with the people. love them outside of India.. where all of us are aliens and looking for a meal.
We do business with em.. eat with em.. and share a room
They are welcome to visit us.. and I personally loved my visit to India.

But come the issues.. its my country's way or the highway.
Couldn't have said that better! :agree: In Paris I either go to a Pakistani restaurant or an Indo-Pak one! (I hate Continental stuff!). The first time I went to a Pakistani restaurant in Paris years ago, the Pakistanis there were so friendly that the sumptuous meal I had with my family was on the house, though the bill was almost a hundred Euros! And we always discuss Bollywood there!!! Not politics - ever!
happy-096.gif

Or do Rajni movies watch you?

Bollywood has also got a Rajni in making........ and its none other than Salman Khan.......
................lol I saw Wanted, Dabaang and the latest one with Aseen(Don't know the name of the movie......it was dhing chika one) all the fight scenes were like what Rajnikant does......
........he was making men fly with is punches and kicks !!

Couldn't have said that better! :agree: In Paris I either go to a Pakistani restaurant or an Indo-Pak one! (I hate Continental stuff!). The first time I went to a Pakistani restaurant in Paris years ago, the Pakistanis there were so friendly that the sumptuous meal I had with my family was on the house, though the bill was almost a hundred Euros! And we always discuss Bollywood there!!! Not politics - ever!

Had a similar experience in Bremen.There was a Bangladeshi running an Indian restaurant there. He charged us the dishes with out the marked up menu prices and the Naans were on the house.
Ofcourse he also had a projector and screen setup playing back to back SRK songs.

Rather surprisingly.. and sadly.. those in the front seat are old uncles , some of them with pristine white beards.
When the elders of the household voice no objections.. what else do you expect.
its not the girls fault.. its the fault of the father's and the husbands.
Actually I blame the mothers and the girls themselves because they are the once who organize these dance shows.
Anyway..
back to the bollywood mantra..

Katrina Kaif is SUCH a fake one..
at least she looks fake..
anybody seen the zindagi na whatever??
I agree.

Depends..
You will find more guys than girls in theater's generally.. and even more guys in movies such as Dil chahta hai.. or 3 idiots.
But try any SRK movie.. chances are the women are there as much as men
You are also ignoring the home video showing.. guys will go to the theater to watch a movie even as a general outing.
But less men than women will sit in front of the good ol tele to watch the Bolly flick

You are missing one very important point, If most of the girls will go for watching movies then who will bear expenses of tickets and popcorns so 50% of male population will always be there :P

And then there are few crazy folks, just to cite an example, My group of frnds force me to stay late in office on Friday and take me to multiplex directly. It doesn't matter which movie has come up. I remember I watched 2 movies with him where no more than 5-6 peapol were in the hall and once we end up watching Kids animation movie "Hanuman 2" where except us parents and kids were there :D

Never heard of Rajniketh dude sorry..
And wtf is Tollywood and Kollywood? lol

Oh Man what did you say?? Please delete this post now else whole LTTE will hunt you and then you will be down :P He is THE SUPERSTAR Rajini SIRR. He is having temples in TamilNadu and costs more than 2-3 times any actor in India.

If you haven't watched him then you are surely missing a great supply of entertainment to your brain :D

So basically he was an Indian version of Chuck Norris?

When will the Indian film industry stop copying American movies and names. :rolleyes:

Naah.. Chuck Norris is nothing. You might be interested to know that Rajinikant is Superhit in Japan and few research agencies are still believeing the tricks he has done has Scientific touch to them ;)

From my personel experience I have seen boys are more interested in movies and ladies are more interested in dramas (to kill their time at home).
If u do a survey u will find that many boys are movie freak rather than girls. Try some Rajnikanth movie in India, they start as early as 6 o'clock in the morning and get booked for the week.

Depends on the audience as well.. and possibly the reigon. RajniK is big towards the south and the east as I hear..
The drama's will augment or supplement the movies. But the ratio will always remain in favor of the girl.
All those guys who would rather watch face off instead of Kuch Kuch hota hai thank me :D

Actually I blame the mothers and the girls themselves because they are the once who organize these dance shows.

I agree.

The mother's are the responsibility of their husbands.. and the girls of their fathers.

You are missing one very important point, If most of the girls will go for watching movies then who will bear expenses of tickets and popcorns so 50% of male population will always be there :P

And then there are few crazy folks, just to cite an example, My group of frnds force me to stay late in office on Friday and take me to multiplex directly. It doesn't matter which movie has come up. I remember I watched 2 movies with him where no more than 5-6 peapol were in the hall and once we end up watching Kids animation movie "Hanuman 2" where except us parents and kids were there :D

That may be.. but as a general rule.. at home.. guys prefer something else.
although that may depend on your background and taste..
if you were raised watching Arbaaz Khan and Saif in the cheap 90's crap that rolled out of bollywood.. chances are you will watch Bolly flicks on the tele as well.
If you spent your time with series like Knightrider and airwolf. you prefer something else.

That may be.. but as a general rule.. at home.. guys prefer something else.
although that may depend on your background and taste..
if you were raised watching Arbaaz Khan and Saif in the cheap 90's crap that rolled out of bollywood.. chances are you will watch Bolly flicks on the tele as well.
If you spent your time with series like Knightrider and airwolf. you prefer something else.

100% True.. if I am at home then I will prefer to have beers and then watch Sci-Fi, horror, Psycho or War movies but then alas I am married :'(

100% True.. if I am at home then I will prefer to have beers and then watch Sci-Fi, horror, Psycho or War movies but then alas I am married :'(
But will your wife allow you to do so? It's those corny 'Saas Bahu' serials that mine prefers. She's the one who wears the pants in the house! I don't count! Treats me just like a darn doormat! Jeeez! :undecided:
confused-18.gif

my mom dont let me watch Chandragupta maurya.

she turns off TV on 9 PM.

Mera Ammi prohibits buying any Indian products or Bollywood movies.
In my house, we never watch Indian movies/shows.
My family never buys Indian food or Achaars.
All my Pakistani friends who I talk to agreed that any Pakistani who watches Bollywood movies or buys Indian products are traitors.

I wonder why Dawn has nonsensical articles like these.

My Ammi never stopped me so I buy Shaan masalas, eat in Pakistani restaurants and listen to Coke studio and Pakistani singers daily. I'm cool about it and everybody around me too. We don't feel the need to instill in our children hatred of anybody or create an environment of parochial cultural intimidation.

There are so many Pakistanis who jump to say they hate bollywood or everything Indian as if its judgement day already! I do not wish to psychoanalyse them all but all I'll say is its not cool.

^^^

Now you'll be accused of being "obsessed" with Pakistanis.

Seriously though, I could go to the shop, find something I like and buy it. For all I know it's made in Pakistan. Imagine having to find out whether it's Pakistani or not and then not buying it because you don't like the country.

Sad way to live your life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom