What's new

We Pakistanis Love Bollywood, We Can Love The People Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we cannot compare our industry with yours but we definitely can compare Bollywood with hollywood how many hollywood movies are copies ?? how many of their music is a copy ?? how many copy cat music composers do they have ?????
So what if some Hollywood themes are copied? As long as the ordinary folk enjoy them. After all it's just an entertainment industry! 99% aren't even aware that the movie they're seeing is copied from a Hollywood potboiler. So what's the bid deal? The bottom line is : ENTERTAINMENT.

So let's not split hair. Just buy a cinema ticket for yourself and family and enjoy an evening out! Never mind if that excursion costs you over Rs 1000/-. And never mind if it's copied! What the heck?

What was that all about ?
Music / Dance is not welcome in Islamic or Arab Culture.
Oh? How about 'Belly Dancing'? Belly dance is a "Western"-coined name for a traditional "Middle Eastern" dance, especially raqs sharqi (Arabic: رقص شرقي‎). It is sometimes also called Middle Eastern dance or Arabic dance in the West

And the Arabs love it!! :smitten:

Oh? How about 'Belly Dancing'? Belly dance is a "Western"-coined name for a traditional "Middle Eastern" dance, especially raqs sharqi (Arabic: رقص شرقي‎). It is sometimes also called Middle Eastern dance or Arabic dance in the West

And the Arabs love it!! :smitten:

Music AND Dance are NOT WELCOME in Arab / Islamic cultures.
How difficult is that to understand ??

Kindly try and comment at par to grown individual.

This is a debateable issue and kindly don't write such statements .... This thread is not about Islam btw

Do you speak for whole Arab world? Saudi doesn't speak for other Arabs. There are several other Arab ountries where music and art flourishes and they are good at it. If your country/school of thought doesn't welcome it - fine but don't take it granted that other Islamic countries don't welcome it either. Examples are Pakistan is Islamic country but has produced great musicians, Iran, Egypt, etc...now don't say they are not Islamic.

Then this must be some sort of ritualistic praying perhaps.. specific to Arab nations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say, I cannot stand Bollywood movies one bit. The only movie I've watched which was "decent" would probably be Krish, Mohabbatein and the classics like Sholay. That's about it.

My mom and sisters however are gaga over this crap.

Arab culture was transformed by Prophet Mohammed PBUH but now Arab culture has turned into *****. Dancing is ofcourse not allowed and its sad that our so called "islamic" weddings are not completed without teenage girls dancing around.
In another words, most of Muslims today are not any different then non-Muslims.

Arab culture was transformed by Prophet Mohammed PBUH but now Arab culture has turned into *****. Dancing is ofcourse not allowed and its sad that our so called "islamic" weddings are not completed without teenage girls dancing around.
In another words, most of Muslims today are not any different then non-Muslims.

Rather surprisingly.. and sadly.. those in the front seat are old uncles , some of them with pristine white beards.
When the elders of the household voice no objections.. what else do you expect.
its not the girls fault.. its the fault of the father's and the husbands.

Anyway..
back to the bollywood mantra..

Katrina Kaif is SUCH a fake one..
at least she looks fake..
anybody seen the zindagi na whatever??

Love the people??
No problem with the people. love them outside of India.. where all of us are aliens and looking for a meal.
We do business with em.. eat with em.. and share a room
They are welcome to visit us.. and I personally loved my visit to India.

But come the issues.. its my country's way or the highway.

I've never seen men from other countries watching this crap. It's more of women from South Asia who are so into it.

your country man won't like your post .. beleive me

I guess what he's saying is kinda true. More women seem to watch Indian movies than men.. well from where I am at least.

In middle school we were studying about empires and my teacher brought Ashoka into class for everyone to watch :P

I guess what he's saying is kinda true. More women seem to watch Indian movies than men.. well from where I am at least.

In middle school we were studying about empires and my teacher brought Ashoka into class for everyone to watch :P

wrong.. both men and women watch indian movies. if u go in a threatre or a multiplex u will find more guys than the girls. It is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom