What's new

We Pakistanis Love Bollywood, We Can Love The People Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually the qawallis may have traces of arab culture :rofl:

What was that all about ?

Qawwali has nothing to do with Arab Culture.
Music / Dance is not welcome in Islamic or Arab Culture.

Gathering around graves, and chanting poetry, or singing is totally a Hindu influenced trait.
and a very sorry one for that matter.

Gathering around graves, and chanting poetry, or singing is totally a Hindu influenced trait.
and a very sorry one for that matter

why it is a sorry one ? can u elaborate ? ohh sorry u live in saudi arabia

Bilal, there are no doubts that bollywood is better... yes it is better than pakistan film industry.. The sole reason is that they copy Hollywood movies.. and our industry copies bollywood movies...

Simple..

I never said lollywood is better than bollywood. There is no doubt that bollywood is a lot lot better. But if you look at independent film making, whether that is in Pakistan or in India, they make better movies than bollywood. In fact, most of the mainstream hollywood movies coming out these days aren't good either. In my opinion, this is the era of independent film making, & Pakistan is doing pretty good in that.

You get South Indian food in Malaysia? Didn't know that. :woot:

Wow.. mate.. there are more South Indians in Malaysia and Singapore than North Indians, Because of their proximity to Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. Malaysia has a minister who is a Tamilian. Tamil is one of official languages in Singapore. President of Singapore is a Tamilian too. So, obviously lot of South Indian restaurant should be there.

They are all over this days. Especially the little India street in the middle of Kuala Lumpur. Vadai, thosai, chapati, papadam.. you name it, we have it :P

You got me dude. I miss papadam and Idli with sambar...

clearly I'm debating with an indian troll, hardly in his formative teenage years. :meeting:

Peshwa --- sure. I'll be happy to. Standby.

p.s. Qawwali takes some elements (more linguistic than instrumental) from Persian culture. There little to no Arab influence as far as Qawwali (Sufi music) is concerned

Thanks for the quick run down...

How is Pakistani Qawwali different than what we have here in India?

Though all Qawwali I've been exposed to had been in urdu....is there a punjabi version of the same?

why it is a sorry one ? can u elaborate ? ohh sorry u live in saudi arabia

Very funny !

Islam explicitly PROHIBITS marking graves, or going to Graves.
Islam explicitly PROHIBITS music, dancing and poetry.

Whereas all the above are encouraged in hindu culture.
Thus Qawali is a result of Hindu influence.

This is a sad thing, because it is against the belief of a Muslim, yet it is propagated so much through the media, that the young generation is forgetting the line between right and wrong.

i could try, it will be hard though.

yes it ll be hard and u cant,thats because his style of qawwali comes from the patiala gharrana and it has no hindu-muslim thing in it.

Dont put the great man in this bullshit commercial movie political discussion,

Nusrat Saab,RIP.

Very funny !

Islam explicitly PROHIBITS marking graves, or going to Graves.
Islam explicitly PROHIBITS music, dancing and poetry.

graves part, yes thats true.....rest, it depends on interpretation. Wahhaby/Salafists tend to agree that the last 3 things you mentioned are also ''haram'' --but in the Quran i dont see where that is mandated.

Music, dance and poetry have always been part of Pakistani culture and sub (regional) cultures.

Thus Qawali is a result of Hindu influence.

I fundamentally, but respectfully disagree with you on that

This is a sad thing, because it is against the belief of a Muslim, yet it is propagated so much through the media, that the young generation is forgetting the line between right and wrong.

let Allah SWT be the final One to judge.

graves part, yes thats true.....rest, it depends on interpretation. Wahhaby/Salafists tend to agree that the last 3 things you mentioned are also ''haram'' --but in the Quran i dont see where that is mandated.

Music, dance and poetry have always been part of Pakistani culture and sub (regional) cultures.

I fundamentally, but respectfully disagree with you on that

let Allah SWT be the final One to judge.

Some one posted Dr Israr's lecture, and I just finished watching 10 parts of it.

Please revisit what you just said in light of written knowledge and tradition, and you are welcome to debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

and a very sorry one for that matter.

Yes qawwali has nothing to do with Arab Culture but has its origin from Persian Culture.. Amir Khusro Dehelvi of the Chisti order of Sufis is credited with fusing the Persian and Indian musical traditions to create Qawwali as we know it today in the late 13th century in India. The word Sama is often still used in Central Asia and Turkey to refer to forms very similar to Qawwali, and in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, the formal name used for a session of Qawwali is Mehfil-e-Sama.
If you can't respect Sufis then pls don't argue for the sake of arguing, Pakistan has produced greatest legend in qawwali NFAK.There wasn't and will never be again like hin on this earth. Don't disrespect Sufis or qawwals by saying '...gathering aroud graves....Hindu trait'. It was not hindus that started/influenced qawwalis but Persians.

Yes qawwali has nothing to do with Arab Culture but has its origin from Persian Culture.. Amir Khusro Dehelvi of the Chisti order of Sufis is credited with fusing the Persian and Indian musical traditions to create Qawwali as we know it today in the late 13th century in India. The word Sama is often still used in Central Asia and Turkey to refer to forms very similar to Qawwali, and in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, the formal name used for a session of Qawwali is Mehfil-e-Sama.
If you can't respect Sufis then pls don't argue for the sake of arguing, Pakistan has produced greatest legend in qawwali NFAK.There wasn't and will never be again like hin on this earth. Don't disrespect Sufis or qawwals by saying '...gathering aroud graves....Hindu trait'. It was not hindus that started/influenced qawwalis but Persians.

Your knowledge is limited.
I welcome you to study a little more, say another 3000 years back.

You will find the same trend, you will find "Sama" you will find "trance". and you will find the same players doing the same thing.

I could tell you now, but as a matter of principle I find it better to encourage research.

You are welcome to come back after you have done your reading and debate with me.

The purpose for the creation of Pakistan ends right their when India and Pakistan become friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom