What's new

We Don’t Seek Benevolence, But Don’t Malign us Either – Part I

I would be stupid to reply.

I see that you are trying to deliberately troll now, goodbye VCheng. Have a nice day!

No Sir, I was not trolling. Now that Sir Notorious Eagle has admitted that the bridge was NOT FREE after all, I stand corrected.

=============================

Seriously though, why claim patent falsehoods in the first place? It simply does not look good.

No Sir, I was not trolling. Now that Sir Notorious Eagle has admitted that the bridge was NOT FREE after all, I stand corrected.

=============================

Seriously though, why claim patent falsehoods in the first place? It simply does not look good.

Come on VC< we all know you are not that stupid. Anyways, I'll try my best to clear your confusion.

The bridge was built free of cost for the local MNA/MPA, whose funds did not get used up for building a bridge, or other related costs that the development department responsible for the bridge building needed to make the bridge, instead the army built the bridge from it's own money, these additional costs had to be then adjusted somewhere in the ration stocking.

So for the local official, it was free.

Xeric,

As a soldier---you must know---the moment you start justifying your position---you are opening your flanks---. If you let Vcheng get into your head---he would BUZZ the heck out of you.

i know, but the thing is that by shutting him up i, in the process, shut many other wannabe Chengs. It's only because of that i let him 'get in my head.'

But you are right, may be next time i should keep my left flank on an obstacle and for the right one a few R&S elements to counter an unlikely onslaught :)

You couldn't have put this better Sir

Even after all these years of pampering, Pakistan's civil society is incapable of handling large projects. I remember there was a bridge that needed to be built near Lala Musa to connect it to a neighbouring village. The bridge was a bit difficult to build due to the topography of that specific area. 2 Pakistani construction companies were handed out the tender, they took the advance and refused to even start the project. Off course they were protected by influential politicians so no one was going to mess with them. A German construction company was contacted, they told the DCO that it would take them 3 months to finish the project and the price they quoted was enormous, out of our range. PA Engineering Core was asked for assistance, they completed the project in 2 weeks and that too free of cost. The bridge is simply top class, even to this day it looks spanking new.

So what is the moral of the story for our friend VCheng here? :D

The one over Bhimber Nullah?

i initially removed Cheng's trollish post, but then undid it - it would be better to leave it out there so that others can see the perils of frustration. :)

"We Don’t Seek Benevolence, But Don’t Malign us Either" - that was practically the motto of the post-Stalin Soviet leadership. Unfortunately the Pakistani Army is a self-perpetuating institution so waiting for the stained leadership to die off isn't going to work.

What Ayub, Yahya or Musharraf did must not reflect on the loyalty and dedication of remainder of uniforms – one shouldn’t paint the entire Armed Forces with the same brush. If that be the case, then every German was a Nazi, all Jews are Zionists, every American an invader, and most important of all, we as Pakistanis are equally responsible for poor governance, corrupt politicians and ever worsening law and order situation.

IMO the author - and Pakistanis in general - need to give this paragraph a lot more thought. It reveals your core ethical failings, the shared values of your social system that are at fault here: you think you aren't responsible for the public deeds of the leaders of your community or military command and are so close-minded and groupthink-centered that you cannot long entertain or promote the thought that the Zionists are the good guys, that the Germans under Nazism shared these same failings as Pakistanis today, and that Americans may be invaders yet function as liberators.

Us Jews don't have great expectations of goyim but we do consider it a binding moral imperative that non-Jews should follow the Noahide laws including no idolatry, no theft, no murder, and the communal obligation to establish of courts of law (including police) to enforce these laws. A society lacking the last is just as bad as the theft-dominated world before The Flood, which God decided to destroy.

For those without a religious bent: it was the post-WWII Nuremberg trials that re-affirmed the legal principle that every individual is responsible for his or her own actions, regardless of orders.

Come on VC< we all know you are not that stupid. Anyways, I'll try my best to clear your confusion.

The bridge was built free of cost for the local MNA/MPA, whose funds did not get used up for building a bridge, or other related costs that the development department responsible for the bridge building needed to make the bridge, instead the army built the bridge from it's own money, these additional costs had to be then adjusted somewhere in the ration stocking.

So for the local official, it was free.

There you go: contorted clarifications after a non-justifiable claim is called out is quite typical.

i know, but the thing is that by shutting him up i, in the process, shut many other wannabe Chengs. It's only because of that i let him 'get in my head.'

But you are right, may be next time i should keep my left flank on an obstacle and for the right one a few R&S elements to counter an unlikely onslaught :)

Another classic response when substance of argument is lacking.

i initially removed Cheng's trollish post, but then undid it - it would be better to leave it out there so that others can see the perils of frustration. :)

Nice: misuse of authority to silence dissent. What could be more typical?

Or I should I be "thankful" in my "frustration" that I am allowed to speak?

=================================================

Back to the bridge:

Let us take this explanation:

the army built the bridge from it's own money, these additional costs had to be then adjusted somewhere in the ration stocking

A bridge costing a few millions very likely was "adjusted" "somewhere in ration stocking"? By starving deployed soldiers?

Really? If so how? What military budget can be "adjusted" like that? Ration allocations have a spare million or several here and there?

Seriously, can someone please explain that process?

Finally, there is no civil and Army money: It is ALL national treasure, allocated officially.

No wonder national accounts are a MESS, both military and civil.

Yessir! :D

But please note that that jo fauj kay khilaaf bolta hey, zaroori nahi keh woh mulk kay bhi khilaaf hey.

Haq baat bolni chahiye.

You ditched pakistan and adopted American nationality. Aj tak Apnay Mulk ki fauj kay khilaf to bola nahi jis ki waja say app ka mulk 15 Trillion dollars kay karz tallay dooba howa hay. Charity begins at home. Start your criticization from your Country army, than come to Pakistan Army expenditures.

Haq Baat bolnoi chahye but Dusro ko naseehat khud mian Fazeehat.

You ditched pakistan and adopted American nationality. Aj tak Apnay Mulk ki fauj kay khilaf to bola nahi jis ki waja say app ka mulk 15 Trillion dollars kay karz tallay dooba howa hay. Charity begins at home. Start your criticization from your Country army, than come to Pakistan Army expenditures.

Haq Baat bolnoi chahye but Dusro ko naseehat khud mian Fazeehat.

I can respond adequately, but why take this thread off topic?

Discussions on dual nationality and US debt belong elsewhere, I think.

I can respond adequately, but why take this thread off topic?

Discussions on dual nationality and US debt belong elsewhere, I think.

VCheng Don&#8217;t Seek Benevolence, But Don&#8217;t Malign him Either :D

VCheng Don&#8217;t Seek Benevolence, But Don&#8217;t Malign him Either :D

As if it matters to me anymore! :D

Back to the topic, I am still hoping to see an explanation of how a bridge can be built from ration stocking funds. Apparently, it is quite possible.

I would suggest in my humble opinion, to ignore Chengs childish tantrums, his basic aim is hatred for, and trolling against Pakistan and Pakistani's - we should let him, free speech and all that. But understand, that is his basic aim in life, sad and pathetic - yes, but it takes all sorts.

Hi,

Actually that bridge was a minor thing as compared to what the pak military engr corps did for SUKKUR BARAGE----that thing was almost gone---finished---kaput---that was one of the prideful moments for what the pak military engineers did.

What is happening now between the judiciary the military and the politicians---it is not good for pakistan.

The civil society of pakistan has pretty much no achievements at all---can someone name some big projects started and completed under civilian governments---.

Their failure have brought on the the military rule every single time---the civilians asked for it because their elected officials were so incompetent and did not know how to govern---why blame the military then for your incompetence----you know why---because the fools in the uniforms don't know how to defend their good actions.

The 'fiasco' also know as pakistan of today-------is because of the pakistani civilian population---if the nation had stood behind the military and forced them to kill the al qaeda and all these tajiks and chechens and uighars who aligned with pakistan's enemies.

The attitude that the pakistanis have shown towards their motherlandd after 9/11---makes one wonder if the people are worthy of being a nation---when they have not shown any ability to act as one.

Somewhere it appears to me that one person wants things to happen by the book questioning deviations and expects things to happen within laid down rules and another has a somewhat cavalier approach.

Back
Top Bottom