What's new

We Don’t Seek Benevolence, But Don’t Malign us Either – Part I

If you look a the all the pictures, army has done a fabulous job. But ask the civilian leaders these critical question because in the last 4 years of civilian rule, Pakistan has suffered the most through mismanagement and corruption not seen before.

The civilian leaders are only doing what they are good at - looting and plundering. They have lost any credibility or moral authority to criticize the army as they are the ones who cut deals with generals to go out and come back to the country. They have been given a free hand to run the country but they cant change their thieving ways.

When people criticize army, including myself, they forget a load of good they do to the country. Not just defending it but providing relief in natural disasters when our 'respected' civilians leaders are on vacations abroad.

It must be understood that it takes a long time build respect and credibility the army has and only a few selfish and wrong actions to destroy it. For army's own good, they must not be seen as defending those who committed these misdeeds.

So a big THANK YOU Pakistan army. No words of praise are worthy for those who lay their lives for the country.

If you wait until all that is left are crumbs you won't have a nation to stitch back together but inflammable sawdust that will burn through self-immolation or foreign invasion. If you start now you may be able to give hope to the frustrated and prevent much of that.

The pile of sawdust is slowly smoldering already.

You're the most stuck up cunt on the forum, the guy gave awesome explainantions but you wont stop being a cocky know it all

Quoted to serve as an example of "sanctioned insults". Anybody else would have received an infraction.

The typically "Pakistani" way of administrating just about anything, where highfalutin' words about merit and impartiality and fairness remain just hot air without ever being implemented, is quite amusing.

And yet, I am advised to do the following?

I always believe in talking to elder people just because one can learn too much from their experience than doing myself and learning by failure or success. Its like getting experiences without even doing anything. It gives me a new perspective and ability to learn more in less time. It helped me in my studies, arranging events and many things in my life.

So may be, for this sole reason, you keep on passing your ideas and views, no matter if someone agree or not, its up to their discretion, but it may help someone at some point of time.

Cheers.

If you wait until all that is left are crumbs you won't have a nation to stitch back together but inflammable sawdust that will burn through self-immolation or foreign invasion. If you start now you may be able to give hope to the frustrated and prevent much of that.

Hi,

This board could have played a very important role for pakistan after Osama operation in abbotabad---for the projection of the image of pakistan---but the poor decisions by the managers of this board wasted that option.

If there is no blood on the slopes---you cannot conquer the mountain top---and the price you pay for it later is tremendous---case in point the u s----the u s did not follow the enemy into the mountains to save blood---but guess what---it has paid a thousand times over for that mistake----.

OTOH pakistan----a country surrounded by misery and full of it as well---is going to pay for it with its existence for giving shelter to murderers---.

There is a difference in giving protection to islamic brothers and those who commit mass murder---. Nations don't die like ordinary people---the death throws and woes of a nation can last for centuries---.

Pakistan in its current form and function is at a very painful juncture of its existence---tragicall---it can't even look upto its younger generation---because they are as clueless as its older generation---both of them have a disease called LEARNING DISABILITY---the only cure for that is a revolution french style.

That seems plausible but still a long shot, for there not many who fulfill those statements, particularly the last one.

seabee-memorial-wall_medium.jpg

vsdoc,

How are you doing? I am not here to bash pakistan or pakistanis---if that is what they think---it is their loss---. I speak out of love for my motherland and for the love of my countrymen.

As you have read my posts---I have always provided solutions or direction or a different perspective or ways to do things differently---so basically---I am not bashing at all---. People who bash---don't offer solutions---. What effects me is that how can the people be so enamoured with their follies and destructive ways---see how it is destroying the nation and the community and have no comprehension of what is happening to them and their nation in the process.

There are teenagers on this board---pakistani---who have no experience at all in any phase of life--and they come aswinging---there are men here on this board---pakistani---still dependant on their parents that if they kicked them out of their houses---they would end up with a begging bowl---and they think that pakistan can dictate terms as it pleases---.

Majority of the pakistanis have no base of knowledge of the world---except for what they hear in the news---read the newspaper---there being hardly any public libraries in pakistan---so where would the citizens get to know the world from---only from those who want to control their directions and mindset---and when that happens---then those with extreme prejudicial mindsets and thinking have a heyday---and that is the tragedy of pakistan.

Vcheng,

You comments were not neccessary---when an intelligent man speaks---it is expected that some will react---positive or negative---and it is not your choice---we expect that when that happens---people react in a positive manner and learn.

I'm doing fine thank you bro. Hope the same's with you.

I just think if you said "my" country/nation, versus "your" or "their" it would have more of an impact.

Rest I kind of agree, though I believe that Pakistanis in general (on this board definitely) are mch more mellow and accepting than they were 2-3 years ago.

However, equally, there seems to be a disturbing trend towards greater religosity as well.

As a panacea maybe? The other being Imran Khan?

I sincerely hope not.

It was just an observation buddy.

Bash is bash in most every context.

Your observation is incorrect. I do not bash anything or anybody, but only describe reality, as honestly as I possibly can.

Your observation is incorrect. I do not bash anything or anybody, but only describe reality, as honestly as I possibly can.

Yeah but you are Pakistani.

Who happens to be an American now.

And I rarely see you taking a dump on anybody else.

I find this weird about you Pakistanis.

Expats like you dump on the home country and countrymen.

And the natives for the most part take it mildly.

I could never imagine either happening with Indians.

Not with the rest of the world watching at least.

I only talk about things I care about, hence I ignore what I don't care about. What Indians do or do not do is not my concern unless it affects what I care about.

PS: I take dumps only where I am supposed to.

I only talk about things I care about, hence I ignore what I don't care about.

PS: I take dumps only where I am supposed to.

Ok peace bro.

This was not an attack on you per se.

Just trying to understand an alien phenomenon.

Unfortunately this is a psyche that some expats build, they consider themselves superior to the Pakistanis living back home. Its not uncommon for these expats to come back and complain and bi** about every little thing. They consider themselves superior and start hoping that their opinion holds more weight than a locals. One of our managers who worked for 20 years for my father got lucky and moved to the US. Although he is a security guard there, but when he comes back he pretends to be the wisest man on Earth and believes that he holds the key to all of Pakistan's problems. He considers himself more civilized than an average Pakistani, but conveniently forgetting that he is only a security guard back in the States. Anyways, i am generalizing as i believe this applies to a minority of expats.

Isn't it interesting and predictable that rather than presenting valid counter-arguments in the discussion, the thread is conveniently deviating towards attacking people who dare question the official lines? :D

PS: Post #167 remains unchanged, indicating the bias of the powers-that-be against those who dare differ with and question them. ;)

This letter in Dawn may be relevant to this thread:

EQUAL PERKS FOR CIVIL OFFICERS
From the Newspaper

According to a news report, the Public Accounts Committee has advised the establishment division to revisit the policy of plot allotment to federal secretaries/BPS-22 officers on retirement.

It would be pertinent to mention here that a general or a lieutenant-general or an equal rank navy/air force officer not only gets a number of plots, houses, apartments during his/her tenure, but acres of (fertile) land along with tons of other privileges as well at the time of retirement.

However, the PAC, not even in its dreams, would ever dare to confer the same advice to the ministry of defence/GHQ. Or, would it? If the PAC cannot, then it also does not have any legal and moral obligation to bash civil service officers.

Also, I would request the Chief Justice to take suo motu notice of the existence of such anomalies of pre-and post-retirement perks between civilian and armed forces officers.

I request him to ensure that either award the same privileges to civil officers or bring armed forces officers’ perks at par with their civilian counterparts.

S.S.F. QURESHI
Islamabad

PS: Post #167 remains unchanged, indicating the bias of the powers-that-be against those who dare differ with and question them. ;)

Not at all - took a while for the thing to come on our radar, although I don't see your line of argument too differing or questioning. Grown men, having a chat and discussing all facets to a topic, thats all.

Not at all - took a while for the thing to come on our radar, although I don't see your line of argument too differing or questioning. Grown men, having a chat and discussing all facets to a topic, thats all.

Thank you, but please note that "some" who have visited this thread and have powers to delete replies did not touch that post. That is what I was referring to. ;)

Back
Top Bottom