What's new

Water or War

When should Pakistan launch surgical strikes on Indian Dams

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 14 34.1%

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
I have a little doubt on "SHOULD" in the Poll's statement.

I don't think the matter will go to war. It is not that only Pakistan can not afford a war, even India is not in a position to get weak when China remains in full bloom. War can be a possibility but not and should not be the only possibility.

KIT Over

I remember during 2002 stand-off b/w India -pakistan after all the diplomatic relations with pakistan were servered and our armies were eye ball to eye ball on border...there were some talks about scrapping IWT...even then treaty wasnt scrapped bcoz international repercussions would have bin humongous bcoz the world does not take stealing natural resource as precious as water lightly-if infact Pakistan has a case it remains perogative of Pakistani govt to proove in ICJ or WB that India is indeed stealing its water.

India might take your govt's allegations lightly(even though threatned by war-bcoz it knows its all hot air)....but it can not afford to take an international organisation such WB lightly bcoz majority of devopment loans in India are funded via WB other then that India has aspiration to become permanent member of UN.

On the other hand if your govt can not proove the above in front of neutral arbitrator then I think these are just some lies being cooked for domestic consumption to overshadow the shortcomings of your govt in domestic arena...you know the whole couldnt have been scheming against you.

And about going to war -I m sure you dont think you will able to win such a war. In such a case at best we can hope for is a limited war scenario much like Kargil with geo-political victory for India as pakistan was having no valid casus belli and will have lillte international support.
Worst case scenario is too horrible to comprehend.
Whatever might be the result plight of pakistani farmer will be no better than before at best you will be able to kill some Indians too but thats about IT !!!

No surgical strikes. Full-fledged war near 2025 to settle down several pending matters, yes including water.

RobbieS..no dodging goofie its india you do things illegally go against treaties and here you are asking me..its you india answer why going against treaties? any answers or clarifications i guess not "kutey ki dhum tari he hotey hai! so you're babbling talk about your india not Pakistan.

RobbieS..no dodging goofie its india you do things illegally go against treaties and here you are asking me..its you india answer why going against treaties? any answers or clarifications i guess not "kutey ki dhum tari he hotey hai! so you're babbling talk about your india not Pakistan.

Suit yourself. Please continue with your rants and don't provide any proof. No wonder nobody in the world takes you seriously!

why are u so adamant about water from INDIA??:hitwall: get it from china.. build a pipeline and bingo u have chinese water :china:which is superior than INDIA:bounce::bounce::partay:

RobbieS...google it data is online..in short treaties prohibit to develop more dams on the side of India due to restrictions india chose to by pass and make illegal dams why rant about data while in first place india violated the treaties..

the solution should be fairly simple. Ask world bank to take action on India...but didnt they dismiss this contention of pakistan sometime back??

RobbieS..don't get angry india went against the treaty terms and rules and policies you were prohibited and you by passed and went illegal incase of dams again don't rant first you break promises and rules and than you ask for data..go google it for informative data you require its better than spending time watching movies on the internet..our side is not making allegations we've presented the truth..don't tell me you deny there are no dams illegally made they don't exists on you side...stop babbling..

Dude.. the burden of proof is on the accuser.. You think India is playing foul.. go get some proof and take it to the world bank.. without that proof, your contention will suffer the same fate as last time

Suit yourself. Please continue with your rants and don't provide any proof. No wonder nobody in the world takes you seriously!

Help yourself.

It is not customary in Pakistan to bookmark the documents on the Web containing proof of a violation. The sources are therefore often forgotten.

Secondly, you don't represent the world so stop jabbering. Just talk for your country.
You do take the pain in your neck seriously.

Dude.. the burden of proof is on the accuser.. You think India is playing foul.. go get some proof and take it to the world bank.. without that proof, your contention will suffer the same fate as last time

Perhaps the World Bank is incapable of resolving this issue even in the presence of the evidences.

How about a one-to-one?

Help yourself.

It is not customary in Pakistan to bookmark the documents on the Web containing proof of a violation. The sources are therefore often forgotten.

Listen noob, nobody asked you to bookmark any documents on the web. But if that was the only way to prove your point and back up your claims I suggest you do it.

And again, better not accuse any country without showing any data. As long as you guys can't show that there indeed is a decrease in water levels and it is indeed due to India stealing it, just keep the lid tight on your mouths.

Secondly, you don't represent the world so stop jabbering. Just talk for your country.
You do take the pain in your neck seriously.

Just stating the facts.

Perhaps the World Bank is incapable of resolving this issue even in the presence of the evidences.

How about a one-to-one?

Just read Mein Kampf or did you just watch a Nazi propaganda documentary? What would explain your war-mongering?

Listen noob, nobody asked you to bookmark any documents on the web. But if that was the only way to prove your point and back up your claims I suggest you do it.

And again, better not accuse any country without showing any data. As long as you guys can't show that there indeed is a decrease in water levels and it is indeed due to India stealing it, just keep the lid tight on your mouths.

Just stating the facts.

I believe you are wasting your time.

I believe you are wasting your time.

As usual, ain't I? Sometimes I just wish PDF should have an annual 2 day conference where people can meet up and sort out issues face-to-face. Whichever way they wanted it to be.

And have it on a rotating basis in India, Pakistan and BD. That would help matters!

Facts? Take another fact, one pen in Rawalpindi can drag you from tail to World War III and bring you down.

That pen might be responsible for your,mine, and everybody else's death as well. War is not the fair tale story narrated by cinema. Stop war mongering.

As the Indian friends pointed out, we need to come up with facts. I'll look for reports which alleged the path of flow of Chenab being blocked.

Back
Top Bottom