What's new

Water or War

When should Pakistan launch surgical strikes on Indian Dams

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 14 34.1%

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Don't worry I hold no hard feelings since it is coming from a person whose nation has witnessed 1 myaan and 2 talwwaar scenario first hand.

As far as India is considered - I will tell you another phrase we use:
Jab ghar main 100 bartan hote tain to kuch aawaaz to hoti hi hai.

Go figure...:azn::woot:

Pakistan History is also witness to Armed forces sitting in the driving seat - never with India. If Pakistan had managed to retain Democracy things might have been different.

Culturally we might be similar - but the political scenario of Pakistan and India is entirely different. We would rather look at example of some secular and democratic nations as a benchmark of India's future.

well i was just telling the fact........... as i said before i am not criticizing anybody........ i really respect Indian Democracy

But it is really not easy to continue to remain united forever where you have different religions, different cultures, different languages, different moral values etc etc.......... i am saying this with all due respect to indians, but history is evident no country ever remained united where you had so many things uncommon

Best of Luck to India (as long as they stay away from Pakistan)

Ever heard the poetry

Sada naa baghi bul bul bolay
Sada naa baagh baharan
Sada naa ma pay husn jawani
Sada naa sohbat yaran

Nothing is permament forever

well i was just telling the fact........... as i said before i am not criticizing anybody........ i really respect Indian Democracy

But it is really not easy to continue to remain united forever where you have different religions, different cultures, different languages, different moral values etc etc.......... i am saying this with all due respect to indians, but history is evident no country ever remained united where you had so many things uncommon

Best of Luck to India (as long as they stay away from Pakistan)

Ever heard the poetry

Sada naa baghi bul bul bolay
Sada naa baagh baharan
Sada naa ma pay husn jawani
Sada naa sohbat yaran

Nothing is permament forever

Somethings are permanent -

Yunan-o-misr Roma
Sab mit gaye jahan se
Ab tak magar hai baki
Nam-o-nishan hamara
Kuch baat hai ki hasti
Mit-tee nahin hamari
Sadiyon rahe hai dushman
Daur-e-Zaman hamara......

...Saare Jahan se Achcha...

Incidentally, written by Iqbal.

Is it really that difficult to accept the existence of the neighbor and move on to a better relationship. We have idiots on our side chanting "Ghazwa e Hind" and "Radio Pakistan Delhi" and there are idiots on the other side of the border chanting "Akhand Bharat" and "Desh ka batwara ho gaya" as well.

My views about Indians chanting similar slogans aren't based on assumptions but experience. I have visited India and I have studied with Indians in the US. There are a bunch (albeit minority) who still cry "Desh ka batwara ho gaya". Chalo ho gaya, can we move on now and maintain better relations instead of trying to (or even thinking of) annex(ing) the other?

I dont know what this ghazwa is but...If war breaks out.....whoever starts it but Pakistan will end it.

Yeah, maybe by destroying our own economic backbone. No adventures required anymore. Have suffered too much because of previous mis-adventures.

Last edited:
Somethings are permanent -

Yunan-o-misr Roma
Sab mit gaye jahan se
Ab tak magar hai baki
Nam-o-nishan hamara
Kuch baat hai ki hasti
Mit-tee nahin hamari
Sadiyon rahe hai dushman
Daur-e-Zaman hamara......

...Saare Jahan se Achcha...

Incidentally, written by Iqbal.

well being a Muslim i can only tell you one verse of the Holy Qur'an that is enough for your above post

كُلُّ مَنْ عَلَيْهَا فَانٍ ﴿٢٦﴾ وَيَبْقَىٰ وَجْهُ رَبِّكَ ذُو الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ
that means:
(25) Everyone on it must pass away. (26) And there will endure for ever the person of your Lord, the Lord of glory and honor.

or

Everyone on it will vanish,(26)

and there will abide the Person of thy Lord, the Majestic, the Splendid __(27)

Surah Rehman verse 25 and 26

Is it really that difficult to accept the existence of the neighbor and move on to a better relationship. We have idiots on our side chanting "Ghazwa e Hind" and "Radio Pakistan Delhi" and there are idiots on the other side of the border chanting "Akhand Bharat" and "Desh ka batwara ho gaya" as well.

My views about Indians chanting similar slogans aren't based on assumptions but experience. I have visited India and I have studied with Indians in the US. There are a bunch (albeit minority) who still cry "Desh ka batwara ho gaya". Chalo ho gaya, can we move on now and maintain better relations instead of trying to (or even thinking of) annex(ing) the other?

Yeah, maybe by destroying our own economic backbone. No adventures required anymore. Have suffered too much because of previous mis-adventures.

Well said. I actually believe that partition was one of the best things to have happened to India since it reduced the Muslim population by 70%. That actually gave India the leeway to introduce major reforms in Hindu Practices under the civil code making the current civil laws almost on par with most western nations. If there was a large muslim population such reforms would have been all but impossible because the religious nuts would have been calling it an Islamic conspiracy against Hindus and other such nonsense. Witness the fact that we have idiots like the Shiv Sena, VHP, Bajrang Dal raising this bogey with a much smaller population of Muslims. These nutcases would have wielded real power in an unpartitioned country preying on the fears of Hindus.

I agree completely that we need to jettison any talk of going back to the pre-partition era and actually learn to live as neighbours. All that such idiotic talk does is to get otherwise reasonable people to start abusing each other.

Last edited:
This does not seem to be a serious discussion so far. For that matter , water is a very serious issue, a matter of life and death.

I would like the Pakistani posters to show evidence or documents relating to the water issues; Since you are the one making the allegations the onus is on you, not us. Saying , do your own research; I find that rather bizarre.

Perhaps we could have a constructive discussion then.

I hope all issues get solved in a peaceful manner wat will war bring so many dead .. lost ... and broken famlies and bad memories. Haven't we had enough its time for friendhship & peace let the children of tommrow grow in peace the world laughs at us while we want to kill each other its not a video game lives get lost and those we can't bring back i hope if not all some of you will support this msg GOD bless everyone.

Its great that people have similar feeling to avoid war but if only our politicians can sit down and avert the escalating crisis

Its great that people have similar feeling to avoid war but if only our politicians can sit down and avert the escalating crisis

There is no crisis, only brinkmanship & saber rattling to play to the respective domestic galleries.

yes true but this time its inside india :rofl:

i think u didn't read my above post properly otherwise u wouldn't have said like that
You are right.. went out in the heat of the moment...Anyway, none of us can predict how the situation may go down. Who would have imagined the present situation 5 years back...Or go back 10 and it seems almost ludicurous that Pakistan is accusing US of favouring India over it...So while these discussions about Gazwa-e-hind are good brain stimulators, and better vent outs, thats all they are...

and i am not in a favour of Gazwa-e-Hind anyway............ that time has passed Indians should also live peacefully........... but History suggests Indian map keep changing after say 100 years

Both increasing in size and decreasing in size... :azn:

and as said by somebody "1 Mayaan main 2 talwari nahi rah sakti" i don't really see the future of United India for more than few decades. They have so many religions and so many problems inside their country so it is possible the history will continue repeating itself and the map will continue changing of this region. I am not bashing at anybody i am just telling the fact..... similar is the case with Pakistan and history is evident of this fact

21st century.. very difficult to redraw the boundaries..and the whole hoo-ha about religion, problems is all a smoke screen. The key is economic development. See China.. 30 years back it was an untouchable with much more going against it than what India has today. Look at it now.. As they say, Money talks, all else walks...If India manages to continue on the path of economic development, these disucssion will become just theoratical. In my experiance, religion turns into fanatism when there is nothing else to do or live for. Thats why you see the poorest areas being the hot beds for extremism.

War? I dont think so any direct war can happen soon but whatever the mode will be it will Involve India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and China.

No offense but this is an idiotic poll

War isn't a bloody game, and nukes aren't watterballoons

That beig said, water is a very important issue and will most likely be the cause of an armed conflict, but if that happens the responsibility will on Indian shoulders as they have the means to prevent it. But if they keep pushig forward like they are now, the consequences will be severe for the subcontinent . It will do more damage to India than it will to Pakistan considering India needs to maintain it's current growth momentum.
Just because someone is developing does not mean his damage is more. THe Pakistani effort to get together things from the present situation will also suffer a setback. May be you are hopelessly lacking development may be you can do more absolute damage, but the relative damage to the efforts, to the psyche is just the same.

This argument is for gulllible Pakistanis and Indians, for Pakistanis to inspire them into adventurism and for Indians to put them on the backfoot without any basis. Get a life guys.

India and Pakistan will never fight on water. First there have to be proof. And the matter is so technical means a normal journalist witha pen and paper cannot just conclude anything.

well being a Muslim i can only tell you one verse of the Holy Qur'an that is enough for your above post

that means:

or

Surah Rehman verse 25 and 26

well this is true that a concept or a thing will vanish with respect to time. Unless it dosent undergo with changes according to time...

when we talk about indian context or indian religions. they have regulated themselves according to time.
It is due to this region that Indian traditions\religions are the oldest on this planet and that is why it is said "Kuch baat hai ki hasti
Mit-tee nahin hamari
":victory:

All Pak Government require is to STOP begging Indians for dialogue.
I know they are on TOP pr today because of support from almost whole world. Because World always as usual ignoring India`S Terror in South Asia and in India against Muslim & Christians!

Back
Top Bottom