What's new

Watch How General Zia ul Haq Fooled America To Make Nuclear Bomb Exclusive Vide

Let us assume that Zia did everything you accuse him of, one can understand his actions as necessary evil, i.e., our Afghanistan policy is the price Pakistan had to pay to cross the nuclear rubicon.

While Bhutto is considered a secular saint in Pakistan, here's a low down of his record:

What amuses me the most is that no one holds post-Zia governments of Pakistan accountable for anything. As if their mismanagement is also Zia's fault. :rolleyes:
Where exactly have you perceived that i support Bhutto? Bhutto has played his part in all this mess. But the role Zia has played is not hidden and he is not saint.
What amuses me the most is that no one holds post-Zia governments of Pakistan accountable for anything. As if their mismanagement is also Zia's fault. :rolleyes:
If only any of these governments were allowed to function. But not to forget their incompetence's too, valid point.
@Syed.Ali.Haider ..

Without USSR help, India wouldn't haven't gotten a nuke bomb either. :rolleyes:
Wrong. India was ahead of us initially, if i am not wrong India conducted a nuclear test in 1974.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiling_Buddha

If only any of these governments were allowed to function. But not to forget their incompetence's too, valid point.
@Syed.Ali.Haider ..

Let me just say that the entire system, with its cyclic and periodic changes between civilian and military governments, works as designed, by intention. It may not work as well as a properly thriving democracy, but then again it is far better than a totalitarian dictatorship too.

It is true that where there are wrong, there are credits too and Zia has many of these mostly with respect to India subject, Afghanistan and N thing. US was well aware about the bomb and shopping of required instruments. US did not pay much attention because we were on front to counter USSR and it was like a leverage however, Zia played it more than US expected and in such dirty games, these things are fair to be done cleanly. Zia paid the price like Bhutto did and many others as well.

Where exactly have you perceived that i support Bhutto? Bhutto has played his part in all this mess. But the role Zia has played is not hidden and he is not saint.

Sir, at no point did I said that you were defending Bhutto however its necessary to be balanced so in fairness I pointed out the mistakes of the previous government which is Bhuttos. And, of course, questions should be asked from successive governments and they should be held responsible. The point I made to you was, you can absolutely blame Zia, I do too, however one can still put up a defence that our Afghan policy was a necessary evil for us to cross the nuclear rubicon. Without it, we become Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

Wrong. India was ahead of us initially, if i am not wrong India conducted a nuclear test in 1974.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiling_Buddha

I'm pointing out USSR's contribution to Indian nuclear program. Not questioning if India was ahead of us, which it was.

USSR provided no help for indian atomic bomb

Right that is why we can send a probe to mars on a budget less than a Hollywood movie, and you sit there tossing firecrackers over the border. My god, just what logic, by that same logic if china did not provide the blueprints and missile casings, which you just painted over and labelled the babur, you would not have been able to be dropping the N bomb on every stupid thread that comes on :pdf: So please save your rhetoric's.

Plenty of evidence that USSR helped India's nuclear program. After Canada, who provided India CANDU reactor on the condition that it be used only for peaceful purposed, pulled out, it was USSR that quickly moved to fill the gap without India even signing the NPT.
Since India extracted plutonium from the Canadian-supplied CIRUS reactor – which had been provided on the condition that it should serve only peaceful purposes – for the Pokhran test, in May 1976 Canada decided to terminate its nuclear assistance to New Delhi. Eager to seize the opportunity to fill the vacuum, the Kremlin quickly offered to provide the nuclear fuel and equipment which was no longer available from Canadian sources. This June 1976 offer was made in spite of the fact that during the negotiations, Soviet and Indian views on the NPT continued to diverge.

Source: The Elephant in the Room — The Soviet Union and India’s Nuclear Program, 1967-1989

Last edited:
I'm pointing out USSR's contribution to Indian nuclear program. Not questioning if India was ahead of us, which it was.

Plenty of evidence that USSR helped India's nuclear program. After Canada, who provided India CANDU reactor on the condition that it be used only for peaceful purposed, pulled out, it was USSR that quickly moved to fill the gap without India even signing the NPT.

Source: The Elephant in the Room — The Soviet Union and India’s Nuclear Program, 1967-1989
making an offer for the uranium is one thing. Russia never supplied uranium. I believe India got enriched uranium for the Tarapur nuclear power plant from America

making an offer for the uranium is one thing. Russia never supplied uranium. I believe India got enriched uranium for the Tarapur nuclear power plant from America

Are you blind?
The final outcome of this nuclear deal reflected a compromise between Soviet adherence to NPT regulations and Moscow’s diplomatic efforts to increase its influence in India. On the one hand, the heavy water provided by the USSR was eventually placed under safeguards, although these restrictions were strongly resented by the Indian side. On the other hand, the timing of the deal suggests that the Kremlin laid more stress on out-competing the Western powers than on dissuading India from nuclear proliferation. Significantly, in January 1979, following the deterioration of U.S.-Indian nuclear cooperation, Moscow concluded a new nuclear agreement with New Delhi.

Last edited:
Are you blind?

Eager to seize the opportunity to fill the vacuum, the Kremlin quickly offered to provide the nuclear fuel and equipment which was no longer available from Canadian sources. This June 1976 offer was made in spite of the fact that during the negotiations, Soviet and Indian views on the NPT continued to diverge.

making an offer is one thing. were you in the room when the offer was made ? It was never delivered.
end of discussion. In the 1980s when India was a Soviet ally India still got the uranium from the West

Russia has offered Pakistan Su-35. Does the offer help the PAF ??

Sir, at no point did I said that you were defending Bhutto however its necessary to be balanced so in fairness I pointed out the mistakes of the previous government which is Bhuttos. And, of course, questions should be asked from successive governments and they should be held responsible. The point I made to you was, you can absolutely blame Zia, I do too, however one can still put up a defence that our Afghan policy was a necessary evil for us to cross the nuclear rubicon. Without it, we become Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

Russians helped the Indian program well after India had the nuclear weapons capability
they are the biggest supplier of civilian nuclear reactors

Russians helped the Indian program well after India had the nuclear weapons capability
they are the biggest supplier of civilian nuclear reactors

Willful blindness.
The final outcome of this nuclear deal reflected a compromise between Soviet adherence to NPT regulations and Moscow’s diplomatic efforts to increase its influence in India. On the one hand, the heavy water provided by the USSR was eventually placed under safeguards, although these restrictions were strongly resented by the Indian side. On the other hand, the timing of the deal suggests that the Kremlin laid more stress on out-competing the Western powers than on dissuading India from nuclear proliferation. Significantly, in January 1979, following the deterioration of U.S.-Indian nuclear cooperation, Moscow concluded a new nuclear agreement with New Delhi.

Admittedly the bigot Zia ul Haq was a foxy character. He fooled ZA Bhutto into making him COAS out of turn. However I disagree that he fooled America.

I was in London during the 80’s and also travelled to the States quite often. There were quite a few articles in the US & UK press about the clandestine efforts by Pakistan to acquire nuclear technology. Israelis and the Jewish media personnel were always bringing this matter up.

I remember during a trade luncheon, an Italian –American Jewish oil trader telling me to thank the Reagan Administration for “keeping quiet” on Pakistan’s nuclear efforts. Without my prompting, another trader on the same table replied that this is the price US has to pay to ensure total Pakistani cooperation in the US proxy war against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

I don’t know how much the US Intelligence agencies knew or did not know about this, the fact remains that US gov’t was not in a position to take any action against Pakistan as long as the Soviets were in Afghanistan. As soon as they went out, US imposed sanction.

We can think whatever we like.

I hate this man with passion because he made paksitan a extremist nation but love that cunning smile .there are soo many secrets hidden in his smile... hahhahhahahahaha :lol:

Back
Top Bottom