What's new

Washington's Loss, Moscow's Gain? Russia 'Cozying Up' With Pakistan

the Russians aren't going to sell their high end tech , they have just opened their market in a economic crisis.

Russia used to be in the top GDP list , now its now they aren't even in the top 14.

So the entire article is based on a opinion piece written by a Pakistani journalist in a Pakistani newspaper.
Very Funny.
always great to witness your butthurt.
you sound so Indian.

Russia cuddling up to a bankrupt nation is natural progression imo .Imagine the immense economic possibilities .
I know right,
only the problem is that the bankrupt nation has recorded the highest growth since 2007,
expect the GDP to grow 5% +
lets not even talk about the CPEC and the steps to counter terroritsm,

but I agree, there will be immense economic possibilities

Russia cuddling up to a bankrupt nation is natural progression imo .Imagine the immense economic possibilities .

So bankrupt that China recently invested tens of billions of dollars in mega projects across the country. A country which is recognized as a gateway to warm waters and other resource rich important regions of the world. So bankrupt that even the Indians cannot resist and beg for the economic route to Afghanistan and CAS.

Now Russia has shown willingness to become part of the CPEC project. We are going to reap the benefits and allow Russia to make use of our trade facilities whilst Indians and their cronies burn out of rage.

Last edited:
Buddy if we weren't there in 71, your country's capital would be New Delhi by now. As I have said so many times to you @haviZsultan , stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind.

@Armstrong , @Penguin , @Providence @KAL-EL . @CENTCOM @Nihonjin1051 , @jhungary and @gambit a little help here? Whats your take on this one?

Maybe you were present in school but you weren't listening to the teacher brother. And yet again I have to say it.. Stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind!!!
awww thats cute,
I guess I didnt attend the right school, would you be kind enough to enlighten me on exactly how did the US prevented New Delhi as our capital, id love to know that from you.

the Russians aren't going to sell their high end tech , they have just opened their market in a economic crisis.

Russia used to be in the top GDP list , now its now they aren't even in the top 14.

You just keep comforting yourself by the fake idea that Russia isn't going to sell anything high tech. First you people couldn't even dissuade your own Russian ally from selling RD-93 engines to Pakistan. Don't be so sure about your fake ideas. As usual, you are in for a nasty surprise.

This is realpolitik. Leaving one country out of this that is engaged with the world will be foolhardy.

The problem is, you guys make it look like a zero sum game. You jump bandwagons at the drop of a hat and that too completely. Which is why you don't see yourself as a standalone pillar that is having a stand of its own (other than "we are not India", an individuality).

Now as an India I could care less what wagon you want to jump into, but alliances and relations internationally are not the same as individual relations.

The USA is ruthlessly professional; which means that it adds no emotion to its ties. If it serves them tomorrow, they will nuke UK and Ireland without thinking twice. Add to that their innate obsession with meddling into other countries' affairs, it becomes even more 'just business'.

Pakistan on the other hand tends to develop emotional connections and treats other countries as individuals. This is what damages your relations with everyone.
Thats is painful but correct,
Id only see India making deals with jews in Israel, negotiating for a Temple in UAE the other day, receive Investments from China , buy expensive goods from USA and lastly have military exercises with Saudi Arabia, all that simultaneously.

That is indeed something well played.

At times, mistakes comitted 30 years ago bite back now.

Maybe in their dreams buddy. They should stop listening to propaganda. Hell even the USA did not beat the USSR! It Imploded for crying out loud (although we could have if we wanted to!! Don't you dare contradict that or I will ask the US 7th Fleet bomb Australia if you do!!!). Oh well haters gonna hate my friend..

Who even cares about that? We're not interested in the past. We are only interested in the future and mending ties with Russia. Russia is clearly on the path of restoring relations with Pakistan and it is obvious that the haters here are having a hard time accepting this.

You remain stuck in the past and keep inventing crap to comfort yourself. We will make sure that Russia and Pakistan come closer as Washington moves away. We like that very much.

So instead of correcting a Pakistani member's flamebait, you chose to respond in a childish manner yourself. Some "professional", huh.

China, India sign more than $22 billion in deals: Indian embassy (five years)

Alibaba Founder Jack Ma Pledges More Investment in India

China's Wanda to build $10 billion industrial park in Haryana

UAE’s $75-billion investment offer could be the largest for India so far

Japan promises Narendra Modi $35 billion inflows

You know that an Indian has lost the debate when he has to start using bold fonts and size 20 to make his point. An insecure and immature bunch.

Do you think we bloody care how many deals India makes with China or other countries? This topic is about Pakistan and Russia cozying up. It is not about how many contracts India has signed with other nations.

Why do Indians always have to brag and forcefully impose their own matters into Pakistan related topics? What an insecure people. I guess still unable to comprehend the partition shock handed out by the British masters.

Last edited:
You just keep comforting yourself by the fake idea that Russia isn't going to sell anything high tech. First you people couldn't even dissuade your own Russian ally from selling RD-93 engines to Pakistan. Don't be so sure about your fake ideas. As usual, you are in for a nasty surprise.
India has no military allies, it is foolish to keep such bonds now , they have strategic partners . which is the very reason it has friendly relationship with most of the relevant countries .

Russia is currently under massive sanctions from the west , its economy has crumbled due to the recent years oil crisis , its economy has shrunk to half and its currency is nearly equal to a indian rupee.

That is the only reason Russia is willing to sell its tech to anyone interested, its foolish to think they would want to distance or upset its historically the biggest costumer (India) ,especially during this crisis .

What she said has a core of truth in it buddy. We had our "Vietnam" when they supported the Viets, they had their Afghanistan. Payback is a bitch!!! The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan directly or indirectly affected the fall of the Soviets. It cost them a lot of money and men same way they did to us in Vietnam. :usflag:
Afghanistan has again became your vietnam.. Ironic.

Last edited:
awww thats cute,
I guess I didnt attend the right school, would you be kind enough to enlighten me on exactly how did the US prevented New Delhi as our capital, id love to know that from you.
No need my friend. You lost half your country during that time. Does "East Pakistan" ring a bell? Or better yet "Bangladesh"? If not, well google it.

you said---->

We're not interested in the past

now you say---->

You remain stuck in the past and keep inventing crap to comfort yourself.

Which is which!? you aren't interested on the past or the US inventing crap.. Oh well..

Pakistan should be on good terms with most nations (including US).

A diplomatic and/or strategic relationship with Russia is absolutely welcome and even a need of the hour; but this development should not be used as a pretext to disconnect from a similar relationship with another major power (i.e. US).

Pakistan should exercise neutrality in the matters of geopolitics wherever applicable.

Unfortunately, this is true to a certain extent.

The only success story of Pakistan's foreign policy so far is strategic relationship with China.

Pakistan should also stop playing the role of paid mercenary for another nation, period. Neutrality in foreign policy (wherever applicable) and economic independence is the best way forward.

I am glad that Pakistani leadership refused to send its troops to Yemen.

Though I don't fault Pakistani leadership for unwittingly supporting US-led offensive operations against extremist elements and terrorist groups in Afghanistan in the aftermath of 9/11 event. Pakistan had no choice in this regard and such elements are not productive for the region either.

I don't know why people are interpreting one article as substituting the US with Russia. It is just an opinion piece.

Although there is undeniable truth that the relation between the US and Pakistan is marred by distrust, vilification and hostility. This has a long history and everyone is aware of this.

Keeping this in mind, we cannot ignore that the Americans themselves are indulged in disconnecting and creating hostility by creating different camps. Pakistan too has to look out for its interests. China and Russia are our natural allies. Our interests converge on many regional and international matters. There is no harm in Pakistan and Russia approaching one another and improving relations. Besides, this relation isn't meant to rival other relations. It is only meant for security and economic cooperation. Anyone interpreting this relationship differently is insecure.

By the same token, can't we ask the same questions regarding the US India nexus? Is this relationship aimed at anyone? How are we to interpret this relationship when the US openly confronts China and Pakistan by aligning itself with India?

Pakistan should never have been part of American warmongering during the Cold War. This is where it all went wrong. Yes, Pakistan should have a neutral stance is world affairs. We have learnt the hard way.

Last edited:
Afghanistan has again became your vietnam..
Whatever makes you sleep better buddy! @jhungary , you served there right? Stop surfing those waves and help me explain!!! @gambit , can you please elaborate on this gentleman about "Vietnam". I read on one of your posts an similar explanation. Cant remember where though.

:usflag:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom