What's new

Washington's Loss, Moscow's Gain? Russia 'Cozying Up' With Pakistan

I think, i agree with the journalist to some extent...Russian interest will definitely converge with interest of China and Pakistan with respect to US...After all, friends are made based on the common objective...Nothing wrong with it..But the good news for India is that if this is really happens, then US will not have much bargaining chip with respect to India expect accept India as a partner rather than exploiting it ...So this will eventually push US and West closer to India which was not the possibility when US and Pakistan are still ally to each other.

We should pull ourselves away from our horrible past and glorification of the anti soviet jihad in Afghanistan and work to become friends. US never was and never will be a real friend. IT did not come to our aid in 71, it refused to give us the f16's we already paid for and punished us for our efforts against the Soviets with the Pressler Amendment. They even killed our troops in the Salala incident and Davis killed at least 2 Pakistani civilians and escaped claiming diplomatic immunity. He had numbers of LEJ commanders in his phone.

I don't know why our spineless leadership never tried to develop ties with Russia at the expense of America. Russia is a far better ally than a traitorous nation like the USA. We need to pull away from this detrimental partnership as quickly as possible.

I am not sure if you really do not know the trivial question or you are trying to put up a brave face...Every nation expect a few likes to align with US and the West..The reason is not about the allignment in political landscape rather it is the economics that forces all the nations to always have a good relationship with West..India,Pakistan and more of the nations around pre 2000 era always go around US so as to get the economic and benifit of people immigrate to these countries so that it will benefit the host nation...Which was not the case with Russia and China...Whatever relation you can make up with Russia and China, the amount of immigrant money that is being remitted to our countries will not be same if US or West or Gulf nations bans the people to go to their nation or they do not encourage our industry to participate with the economic activity of the West.

Russia cuddling up to a bankrupt nation is natural progression imo .Imagine the immense economic possibilities .

Stop your stupid and sarcastic posts or I will personally stop you. Go play elsewhere if you can't discuss things in a serious manner.

As for the ties with Russia, they are improving and will continue to do so. But I don't see US/Pakistan ties diminishing as a consequence.

Since u start licking us's feet . :D
if thats licking feet do you really want us to tell what u r doing with china?:D
on serious note, russia is going away from india with big factor being china and india's west relation.on many issue,russia is playing second fiddle to china.

if thats licking feet do you really want us to tell what u r doing with china?:D
on serious note, russia is going away from india with big factor being china and india's west relation.on many issue,russia is playing second fiddle to china.

So you are telling us that by presumably licking China's feet, Pakistan is getting investments over US$50Bn?

You sure are special! Grow up, and stop talking $hit.

Last edited:
pakistan should made better relations with russia but must not part its ways from usa as it will allows endia to get what it wants from usa easily.

Pakistan should work really hard to fix & maintain good ties with Russia & leave US as they have only back stabbed Pakistan over & over again.

We should pull ourselves away from our horrible past and glorification of the anti soviet jihad in Afghanistan and work to become friends. US never was and never will be a real friend. IT did not come to our aid in 71, it refused to give us the f16's we already paid for and punished us for our efforts against the Soviets with the Pressler Amendment. They even killed our troops in the Salala incident and Davis killed at least 2 Pakistani civilians and escaped claiming diplomatic immunity. He had numbers of LEJ commanders in his phone.

I don't know why our spineless leadership never tried to develop ties with Russia at the expense of America. Russia is a far better ally than a traitorous nation like the USA. We need to pull away from this detrimental partnership as quickly as possible.

Buddy if we weren't there in 71, your country's capital would be New Delhi by now. As I have said so many times to you @haviZsultan , stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind.

@Armstrong , @Penguin , @Providence @KAL-EL . @CENTCOM @Nihonjin1051 , @jhungary and @gambit a little help here? Whats your take on this one?

I did, and the country which harmed Pakistan most was its ally.Time to change

Maybe you were present in school but you weren't listening to the teacher brother. And yet again I have to say it.. Stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind!!!

Buddy if we weren't there in 71, your country's capital would be New Delhi by now. As I have said so many times to you @haviZsultan , stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind.
There would be no 71 if we attacked india in 62 and taken kashmir,punjab and some other stratgeic locations, but we were asked by our so called ally to not attack and in return promised that for not attacking we will get kashmir in return but that was a deal with the devil.
@WebMaster @Horus when the F-16 deal is officially denied can you plz remove the US flag smiley,someone has to take a start it might as well be fro here, and if not them plz add other countries flags too

Last edited:
So you are telling us that by presumably licking China's feet, Pakistan is getting investments over US$50Bn?

You sure are special! Grow up, and stop talking $hit.

Correction: not investment, but loans, that too at exorbitant interests. And entire money will again go to the Chinese companies who will not only sell their Chinese crap but flood Pakistan with unskilled and semi-skilled, Chinese labourers.

When Pakistan army defeated soviet union causing the latter to disintegrate.

C'mon, Pakistan sent in the mercineries. The arms arms and money came from USA and Saudis. The US paid Pakistan to do their dirty job, that's it. And Soviet union didn't disintegrate because of Afghanistan, it was just one of many reasons. Its economy just collapsed because of its huge defence budget.

This is realpolitik. Leaving one country out of this that is engaged with the world will be foolhardy.

The problem is, you guys make it look like a zero sum game. You jump bandwagons at the drop of a hat and that too completely. Which is why you don't see yourself as a standalone pillar that is having a stand of its own (other than "we are not India", an individuality).

Now as an India I could care less what wagon you want to jump into, but alliances and relations internationally are not the same as individual relations.

The USA is ruthlessly professional; which means that it adds no emotion to its ties. If it serves them tomorrow, they will nuke UK and Ireland without thinking twice. Add to that their innate obsession with meddling into other countries' affairs, it becomes even more 'just business'.

Pakistan on the other hand tends to develop emotional connections and treats other countries as individuals. This is what damages your relations with everyone.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom