What's new

Washington's Loss, Moscow's Gain? Russia 'Cozying Up' With Pakistan

in return promised that for not attacking we will get kashmir in return but that was a deal with the devil.

Really!??! The US of A promised "Kashmir" to Pakistan? How can we do that when during that time the Indians were backed up by the Soviets!??! and "Kashmir" is not "owned" by the US to be given to anybody else! What have you been smoking dude!??! @waz buddy, seriously, can you please do something about this clown?

Buddy if we weren't there in 71, your country's capital would be New Delhi by now. As I have said so many times to you @haviZsultan , stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind.

Maybe you were present in school but you weren't listening to the teacher brother. And yet again I have to say it.. Stop listening and watching that "AMERICA IS EVIL" crap its screwing your mind!!!

The problem is not what most US common citizens think. The problem is, your country has been used to giving doleouts and getting work done from small, developing countries throughout cold war as was the pattern with you and the Russians.

However, post 1991 a lot of things have changed and countries that are looking promising and have an independent stand, don't like this big brotherly treatment when they are not asking you for dole outs. This means that your politicians cannot get their way to meddle into those countries' internal matter, which is a major surprise to the political culture of your government officials.

As a result, your government-NGO-Academia nexus uses other methods to continue entrenching and infiltrating into another country's fabric to be able to dominate it, resulting in hostile response either politically or otherwise from them which is then used to justify war.

That is the reason why you are viewed with suspicion in some countries.

Realities change; markets change and client states change.

If US administration doesn't accept it, politically your country will get isolated. This is more relevant now than ever considering that your biggest ally the EU countries are at their weakest ever to make any serious developments for US interests.

Really!??! The US of A promised "Kashmir" to Pakistan? How can we do that when during that time the Indians were backed up by the Soviets!??! and "Kashmir" is not "owned" by the US to be given to anybody else! What have you been smoking dude!??! @waz buddy, seriously, can you please do something about this clown?
The promise was of diplomatic support, the same you give to Israel ,and if US was commited with its promise then kashmir dispute would have been solved through UN very easily through UN demanding referendum without any pre conditions.

in return promised that for not attacking we will get kashmir in return but that was a deal with the devil.
This is what you said...

now your are saying this --->
The promise was of diplomatic support, the same you give to Israel ,and if US was commited with its promise then kashmir dispute would have been solved through UN very easily through UN demanding referendum without any pre conditions.

Make up you mind will you? or better yet go back to school boy.. Seriously how far has PDF fallen tsk tsk tsk..

I stand by putin on this.
If muslims get offended by this then do know that Saudia arabia has inflicted more damage to Islam then anyone has in muslim world! 90+% of islamic sites have been destroyed by saudis, and biggest exporter of terrorism so they could stay dominant in muslim region.
btw I am not supporting d00khead assad either.

Then you are one of the few.

Saudi Arabia = Islam according to the majority.

Also they got some cool hotels instead of those historical sites so win win.:suicide:

Pakistan should be on good terms with most nations (including US).

A diplomatic and/or strategic relationship with Russia is absolutely welcome and even a need of the hour; but this development should not be used as a pretext to disconnect from a similar relationship with another major power (i.e. US).

Pakistan should exercise neutrality in the matters of geopolitics wherever applicable.

This is realpolitik. Leaving one country out of this that is engaged with the world will be foolhardy.

The problem is, you guys make it look like a zero sum game. You jump bandwagons at the drop of a hat and that too completely. Which is why you don't see yourself as a standalone pillar that is having a stand of its own (other than "we are not India", an individuality).

Now as an India I could care less what wagon you want to jump into, but alliances and relations internationally are not the same as individual relations.

The USA is ruthlessly professional; which means that it adds no emotion to its ties. If it serves them tomorrow, they will nuke UK and Ireland without thinking twice. Add to that their innate obsession with meddling into other countries' affairs, it becomes even more 'just business'.

Pakistan on the other hand tends to develop emotional connections and treats other countries as individuals. This is what damages your relations with everyone.
Unfortunately, this is true to a certain extent.

The only success story of Pakistan's foreign policy so far is strategic relationship with China.

Pakistan should also stop playing the role of paid mercenary for another nation, period. Neutrality in foreign policy (wherever applicable) and economic independence is the best way forward.

I am glad that Pakistani leadership refused to send its troops to Yemen.

Though I don't fault Pakistani leadership for unwittingly supporting US-led offensive operations against extremist elements and terrorist groups in Afghanistan in the aftermath of 9/11 event. Pakistan had no choice in this regard and such elements are not productive for the region either.

Last edited:
Yeah whatever you should need to take real history classes
Sorry, I misread your id as "Cerebrus" or should you attend spelling classes...
my fact was quoted from discourses by Sir Zayed Hamid. I hope you know him.

C'mon, Pakistan sent in the mercineries. The arms arms and money came from USA and Saudis. The US paid Pakistan to do their dirty job, that's it. And Soviet union didn't disintegrate because of Afghanistan, it was just one of many reasons. Its economy just collapsed because of its huge defence budget.

Sorry for not using emoticons and background music in my replies.

Sorry, I misread your id as "Cerebrus" or should you attend spelling classes...
my fact was quoted from discourses by Sir Zayed Hamid. I hope you know him.
Yeah sure you should
Nevertheless you should not put your efforts
Starting worthless arguments
Rather on technical ones

Wasting you time on one liners or on useless flamebaiting in thread's won't satisfy purpose of your joining PDF

Lets see your contribution in techical perspective.

C'mon, Pakistan sent in the mercineries. The arms arms and money came from USA and Saudis. The US paid Pakistan to do their dirty job, that's it. And Soviet union didn't disintegrate because of Afghanistan, it was just one of many reasons. Its economy just collapsed because of its huge defence budget.
She was being sarcastic

She was being sarcastic

What she said has a core of truth in it buddy. We had our "Vietnam" when they supported the Viets, they had their Afghanistan. Payback is a bitch!!! The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan directly or indirectly affected the fall of the Soviets. It cost them a lot of money and men same way they did to us in Vietnam. :usflag:

What she said has a core of truth in it buddy. We had our "Vietnam" when they supported the Viets, they had their Afghanistan. Payback is a bitch!!! The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan directly or indirectly affected the fall of the Soviets. It cost them a lot of money and men same way they did to us in Vietnam. :usflag:

Yes you are right about that, but we have read so many post by PDF members boasting about how they have defeated the USSR by themselves.

Yes you are right about that, but we have read so many post by PDF members boasting about how they have defeated the USSR by themselves.
Maybe in their dreams buddy. They should stop listening to propaganda. Hell even the USA did not beat the USSR! It Imploded for crying out loud (although we could have if we wanted to!! Don't you dare contradict that or I will ask the US 7th Fleet bomb Australia if you do!!!). Oh well haters gonna hate my friend..

Maybe in their dreams buddy. They should stop listening to propaganda. Hell even the USA did not beat the USSR! It Imploded for crying out loud (although we could have if we wanted to!! Don't you dare contradict that or I will ask the US 7th Fleet bomb Australia if you do!!!). Oh well haters gonna hate my friend..
Ofcourse it wasn't Pakistan, soviets in Afghanistan were defeated by Mujahiden and a person who goes by the name of Osama bin laden, both of these were american heroes and according to US represented the moral values those of American founding fathers

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom