What's new

Was Imran Khan's China Visit a Complete Failure?

Is the visit a success?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
If Chinese were only about business, they probably would have forgotten the timing of the 2014 Dharna as well the statements from PTI ministers about parking CPEC for a year thus making it insignificant. PM's greet is akin to the cold greeting given to Chinese foreign minister few weeks ago. Like I said no sane government would just ignore these blunders just for the sake of business. Chinese are taught to treat honor before anything as per the teachings of their scholars.

i think the Chinese goverment is examning the PTI goverment, we dont know whether they are mature enough to govern Pakistan or get the situation under control.

IK doesnt have very positive pro China image in CHINA yet.

anyway, we are helping Pakistan not IK.

1: it is a non issue who received him at airport, he already met with chines counterpart as well as the president and officially welcomed through a very prestigious ceremony and frankly he also dont like to go to welcome anyone at airport ;)..
2: so far the agreements which are signed during the visit follows concerns that Islamabad's spiralling financial crisis could lead Beijing to scale back its projects in the country, where it is helping to build the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Project (CPEC). this move will restore the confidence of other industrial sectors who were in doubt about the future of CPEC in paksitan.
3: Estimates suggest that China has so far pledged a total of more than $60 billion to Pakistan in the form of loans and investments for roads, ports, power plants and industrial parks. which mean reassurance of the continuity of these projects will fetch more funds automatically from China.
4: the visit is still in progress and final statements from both sides are not yet given, i am expecting positive outcomes.
and lastly...
We should understand one simple fact that success has many father and failure is an orphan. so rather than being emotional on every single thing we should criticized the actual loops holes of our system and to be elect the right people to rule pakistan.
mangnay karza ja rahay hain aur ezzat trump wali chahtay hain ... come on be realistic :D

still remembet those anti CPEC campaign lauched by PTI? Chinese has very good memory. they are very cautious about PTI words.and.actions. it takes time to restore trust on PTI and especially IK.

i believe China and Pakistan will forge a strong alliance no.matter who is in charge.

As Imran khan is more religious, he prays five times a day, and more towards Islam, Due to extreme religious attachment to Islam, china is testing him as hard line islamist. China don't like anyone prefer Religion over country but I think Imran khan prefers Country over religion. China is just testing new government.

i.think China.and Pakistan will be very close, but Xi.and Ik will not that close until they know each other. personal relationship beteeen leader helps lot if not decisive.

Wasn't this an emergency meeting before IMF negotiations to garner some kind of backbone to stand to them ?

It seems Chinese are not interested in throwing their hard earned money down the pit.

As Imran khan is more religious, he prays five times a day, and more towards Islam, Due to extreme religious attachment to Islam, china is testing him as hard line islamist. China don't like anyone prefer Religion over country but I think Imran khan prefers Country over religion. China is just testing new government.
China goverment actually has many doubts of his compromised attitude towards religious extremists and terrrorists. this is the key problem of Chinese concern. if IK is get soft hands on terrorists, then China will be put into risk. We want anti terrorists commitment from the new goverment.

Last edited:
New York Yankees Catcher Yogi Berra had a famous quote, "It aint over until it's over". Be patient YOU!

still remembet those anti CPEC campaign lauched by PTI? Chinese has very good memory. they are very cautious about PTI words.and.actions. it takes time to restore trust on PTI and especially IK.

i believe China and Pakistan will forge a strong alliance no.matter who is in charge.
with this statement i am fully agreed, because CPEC is more like strategic project and now it is almost impossible for both countries to pull out, on the other hand china is one of the very few countries in the world who are actually considered to be all weather friends in Paksitan ordinary public and china earned this respect over the years no meter what govt was in power.

Wasn't this an emergency meeting before IMF negotiations to garner some kind of backbone to stand to them ?

It seems Chinese are not interested in throwing their hard earned money down the pit.
its.not your concern.

China.will.not leave Pakistan alone to be intimidated by IMF. they will find a solution,.i dont feel worried.

total nonsense. khan do take time before taking any lon or assists. typical pakistani mentality write has..saudia experience is there. there will be big thing coming wait.. change your besaber mentality writer sab

You lost me...

his stand at asia case with Courts and other institutions are sufficient to tell the world that he will not be pressurized through religious extremism

Praying 5 times makes you an extremist?

How about 4 times.. or maybe 3 and a half times?

its.not your concern.

China.will.not leave Pakistan alone to be intimidated by IMF. they will find a solution,.i dont feel worried.
It seems logical,
Creditworthiness of pakistan seems down with every loan and as a half decent investor ,Chinese will be looking at some payback period,which here seems like a long shot.
Between good luck standing to IMF.

Back
Top Bottom