What's new

Walton collaborates with Intel, Microsoft to make laptop

I think marine and fish product will be big not fruits and grain.
[/QUOTE]

You will be surprised how fast our horti industry is growing (Bangladesh is ideal for growing a variety of expensive orchids, a member of my family is investing 18crore taka in this sector (flowers/extracts/medical) and he's not anywhere near the biggest). We are mostly involved in the knitwear RMG sector, but we have been investing in Leather and Hard Woods (2800 trees at various stages of growth since 2002).

We can be a major exporter in fruits and processed fruit, but what is lacking is the down stream processing and packing indusrty. Once the major bottle necks have been resolved we will be a major exporter. Agri will include Jute, Tobacco, Fruit, Flowers, Hard wood, etc etc.

There is no alternative to the diversification of economy for a sustainable growth... We have to go beyond garments....

Pharmaceuticals is a promising sector. Aside from the large brands, few smaller companies have also acquired tremendous reverse engineering capabilities... makes it a sector with huge potentials... I guess after the construction of the API Industrial Park, the pharmaceutical industry will get a big boost... @Bilal9 could enlighten us more...

What Walton is doing is gaining seven/eight layer motherboard technology and then Surface Mount Device (SMD) pick and place technology, see below.

What Walton is doing is gaining seven/eight layer motherboard technology and then Surface Mount Device (SMD) pick and place technology, see below.

Any idea who their technology partner is? Fujitsu?

Walton is one of those ambitious corporations... Will surely become a major brand to reckon with...

I like the brand and wish their every success to become something like Samsung one day. BUT question is will neighbor with their stooges in power will allow such success? Look at shipbuilding industry after initial success industry now facing finance and other issues initiated by awami regime. That is where Bangladeshis with "chetona" dope miss out and someone eat their "bacon".

Any idea who their technology partner is? Fujitsu?

I have no idea at this point....

Even if they knew - they probably wouldn't make it public.

Plus there are tons of companies in Europe and Japan who offer the SMD pick and place equipment.

IMHO - they shouldn't choose a company with too much of a high tech trailblazing characteristic as that kind of thing sometimes is not sustainable technically in Bangladesh...but its their investment after all.

I like the brand and wish their every success to become something like Samsung one day. BUT question is will neighbor with their stooges in power will allow such success? Look at shipbuilding industry after initial success industry now facing finance and other issues initiated by awami regime. That is where Bangladeshis with "chetona" dope miss out and someone eat their "bacon".

Why would Awami League make their own cow sick when its providing plenty of 'milk' for them? Let's open a separate thread for this type of OT topics.

There is no alternative to the diversification of economy for a sustainable growth... We have to go beyond garments....

Pharmaceuticals is a promising sector. Aside from the large brands, few smaller companies have also acquired tremendous reverse engineering capabilities... makes it a sector with huge potentials... I guess after the construction of the API Industrial Park, the pharmaceutical industry will get a big boost... @Bilal9 could enlighten us more...

I 'enlightened' the wrong subject about Walton. :-)

What the API Industrial Park is supposed to do is provide a large scale local substitute (hopefully cheaper) for API pharma raw material ingredients that are imported from overseas (China and India) at this time.

http://www.thedailystar.net/business/drugmakers-get-boost-787351

Bangladesh has a lucrative window of opportunity for the next twenty or so years to produce drugs that are still patented in the West and export them worldwide. China or India does not have that advantage.

Good news.

BD Need local brands to produce more, big demand in the domestic market. More options people get within the country better for everyone, rather than importing it from europe or US.

I
Why would Awami League make their own cow sick when its providing plenty of 'milk' for them? Let's open a separate thread for this type of OT topics.

If you dont understand game india orchestrating and awami league executing against Bangladesh then you should ask yourself, are you even in position to involve in such discussion?

If you dont understand game india orchestrating and awami league executing against Bangladesh then you should ask yourself, are you even in position to involve in such discussion?

LOL. That didn't take long.

What I do and don't understand is not the point. The point is that this is Off Topic.

But since you asked - let me explain in very plain words.

Most posters here know about my neutrality. I don't take Jamati's or BNP's side, neither I am a fan of Hasina's.

AFAIK I have the right to express my opinions on this forum. You want to take away my rights to speak - based on what?

I am amused. :-)

I don't wear my politics on my (virtual) armband. And I have learned sometime ago not to bait trolls either. You can (if you want) call me names - but you'll be wasting your breath. Unless you argue with logic and sense, not blind rhetoric.

If you have as much exposure and education like me and talk sensibly - then we can talk (and maybe argue) on an equal level. The first step is of course grammar - which is a clear indicator of every poster's exposure and education. So many young posters on this forum think simply posting on topics makes them an instant expert. Issuing low-quality posts sequentially does not make one an expert. I don't profess to be an expert, but many here do...

People (even on this forum) know your (virtual) identity by the quality of your posts and accord you the respect you deserve (or not). If all you post about are incredulous theories like 'India taking over Bangladesh' then you'll have very few takers of your offerings. People will simply not engage with you seriously.

I don't believe in useless conspiracy theories (especially sprouted within this forum by 'quality' posters), I have enough insight into Bangladesh' real political circles to know what is going on (yes I do have friends in high places if you have to ask). I don't have to take cues from posts here or consider them seriously.

One thing is for sure - I am for whomever cuts a fair deal for the 'apamor jonoshadharon' (aam janta) in Bangladesh.

Food on the table (or floor), clothes on people's backs and roof over their heads is MUCH more important than who leads the govt and what politics they profess. What are the parties offering over each other in that regard?? Where are the jobs in light or heavy engineering, in shipbuilding and in exploring our marine resources? What are the succinct plans made by each political party about exports to India for example? About pharma exports to the US and EU/UK??

If Bangladesh was led by educated leaders then it would have already turned into Malaysia. It hasn't. If we had our politics set properly we'd already have Dr. Yunus as our leader. But we don't.

Priorities First.

I'd ask (once again) to not derail this thread. Take this OT conversation elsewhere. Or preferably - open a separate thread to reply to this post please.

Last edited:
What I do and don't understand is not the point. The point is that this is Off Topic.

But since you asked - let me explain in very plain words.

Most posters here know about my neutrality. I don't take Jamati's or BNP's side, neither I am a fan of Hasina's.

AFAIK I have the right to express my opinions on this forum. You want to take away my rights to speak - based on what?

I am amused. :-)

I don't wear my politics on my (virtual) armband. And I have learned sometime ago not to bait trolls either. You can (if you want) call me names - but you'll be wasting your breath. Unless you argue with logic and sense, not blind rhetoric.

If you have as much exposure and education like me and talk sensibly - then we can talk (and maybe argue) on an equal level. The first step is of course grammar - which is a clear indicator of every poster's exposure and education. So many young posters on this forum think simply posting on topics makes them an instant expert.

People (even on this forum) know your (virtual) identity by the quality of your posts and accord you the respect you deserve (or not). If all you post about are incredulous theories like 'India taking over Bangladesh' then you'll have very few takers of your offerings. People will simply not engage with you seriously.

I don't believe in useless conspiracy theories (especially sprouted within this forum by 'quality' posters), I have enough insight into Bangladesh' real political circles to know what is going on (yes I do have friends in high places if you have to ask). I don't have to take cues from posts here or consider them seriously.

One thing is for sure - I am for whomever cuts a fair deal for the 'apamor jonoshadharon' (aam janta) in Bangladesh.

Food on the table (or floor), clothes on people's backs and roof over their heads is MUCH more important than who leads the govt and what politics they profess. What are the parties offering over each other in that regard?? Where are the jobs in light or heavy engineering, in shipbuilding and in exploring our marine resources? What are the succinct plans made by each political party about exports to India for example? About pharma exports to the US and EU/UK??

If Bangladesh was led by educated leaders then it would have already turned into Malaysia. It hasn't. If we had our politics set properly we'd already have Dr. Yunus as our leader. But we don't.

Priorities First.

I'd ask (once again) to not derail this thread. Take this OT conversation elsewhere. Or preferably - open a separate thread to reply to this post please.

Lol why do you even bother with this fool. You are either with him or against him. You sir are very much against him....so you get saddled with the rest of us :P

Lol why do you even bother with this fool. You are either with him or against him. You sir are very much against him....so you get saddled with the rest of us :P

Sigh - hope springs eternal (for the blind and those led astray)...:rolleyes:

http://www.dhakatribune.com/business/2016/09/06/walton-products-potentials-thai-market/

‘Walton products have potentials in Thai market’

Chokedi Kaevsang, deputy secretary general of Thailand Board of Investment, sees an enormous market potentialities of Bangladeshi Walton products in Thailand and other Asean markets
Chokedi came up with the remarks while he was talking to the journalists after visiting the Walton Hi-Tech Park at Chandra in Gazipur.

A 20-member delegation of Thai businessmen led by Chokedi Kaevsang visited the factory to see the production system and quality of electronics products produced by the local manufacturer.

“Thailand is a potential market for Walton products and it has
also a vast opportunity to expand its market in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries through Thailand,” said Chokedi.

Chokedi also urged the Walton to build a strong business relationship with the Thai businessmen to expand its market in the region.

Walton, the largest manufacture of electronics and electrical products, is manufacturing world-class home appliances, which are ideal for Asean countries including Thailand even for Europe and American markets, he said.

With the partnership of Thai businessmen, the market of Walton products can be extended in Thailand as well as in the Asean region, said Chokedi. The rise of Walton is not only an example to Bangladesh but also to other countries in the World, he added.

The business delegation said that Bangladesh is the front runner among the world’s fastest growing economic countries.

Back
Top Bottom