What's new

Bangladesh electronics giant Walton to take part in 'Consumer Electronics Show (CES)-2023' at Las Vegas

@UK Bengali is just a big mouthpiece for his political party BAL. He exaggerates everything as if talking big will set BD to a higher level.

But, let WALTON grow to a level to be recognized by the world's consumer societies.
This company seems to do all kinds of electronic and electrical things. These things are mature products and markets, and it is difficult for new companies to have great development prospects. The market share of home appliances and mobile phones has been fixed.

Don't you know the level and scale of the top five in the world? Frankly speaking, it would be nice to be in the top five in India.
Whatever it may be, WALTON has taken concrete steps to make people focus on its products. However, Rome was not built in a day.

So, Walton must persevere strongly to set a strong foothold in the consumer electrical/ electronic market of the world. And the process has already been started in many countries in Europe. Its products can be seen in the stores there.

Its participation in the American fair is a long step forward. The name Walton will certainly become more and more familiar in the coming years.

Home appliances and small appliances in some segments may have opportunities
This company seems to do all kinds of electronic and electrical things. These things are mature products and markets, and it is difficult for new companies to have great development prospects. The market share of home appliances and mobile phones has been fixed.

are you serious

No he's not. Daydreaming in big in today's Bangladesh.

People who used to eat off of Banana leaves - some now eat off of fine Chinaware - changed in one generation.

Hence the bluster about 'world best' etc.

However truth be told Walton IS the biggest brand in Bangladesh and their in-house capabilities are rather impressive for a small country like ours.

They do have the local market cornered for appliances and electronics for sure.

Don't you know the level and scale of the top five in the world? Frankly speaking, it would be nice to be in the top five in India.

Bangladeshi electronics cannot be allowed in India, they block our exports on dumping pretext which is illegal. But Walton's scope of production (especially backward integration e.g. manufacturing compressors) is larger than many Indian manufacturers. In fact Walton OEM's for Samsung and a few American 2nd tier brand names I know of. They also bought EU brands (Zanussi et al) and will be launching those brands in the EU soon.

Last edited:
That's good, I think maybe there are better opportunities for development in the Muslim world, such as Muslim usage habits, marketing and other measures.

People who used to eat off of Banana leaves - some now eat off of fine Chinaware - changed in one generation.

However truth be told Walton IS the biggest brand in Bangladesh and their in-house capabilities are rather impressive for a small country like ours.

Bangladeshi electronics cannot be allowed in India, they block our exports on dumping pretext which is illegal. Oh well.

That's good, I think maybe there are better opportunities for development in the Muslim world, such as Muslim usage habits, marketing and other measures.

Please see the videos above. If you have manufacturing background, you will get some idea.

Deadly serious.

1. Samsung - LG

2. 1 or 2 Chinese Companies and Sony

3. Walton

Walton have a plan to be in top 5 by 2030 and I think it is realistic.
Are you referring to the white goods sector (refrigerators, washing machines, cleaning appliances) or black goods? For example, TV audio, or subdivided fields. You won't tell me that it is the world's top five in all home appliance categories, will you?

Are you referring to the white goods sector (refrigerators, washing machines, cleaning appliances) or black goods? For example, TV audio, or subdivided fields. You won't tell me that it is the world's top five in all home appliance categories, will you?

TVs and Fridges they can be in top 5-6 I think as these are their strongest sectors.

Walton has started breaking into the Western markets already and they already sell TVs under their own brand names in countries like Ireland and Croatia. More are likely to follow very soon.

It will be interesting to see them take on Samsung and LG who assemble in India once the free trade agreement with India is signed.

Last edited:
TVs and Fridges they can be in top 5-6 I think as these are their strongest sectors.

Walton has started breaking into the Western markets already and they already sell TVs under their own brand names in countries like Ireland and Croatia. More are likely to follow very soon.

It will be interesting to see them take on Samsung and LD who assemble in India once the free trade agreement with India is signed.
It is still not easy, the goalkeeper of the tenth place in global TV is Sharp TV. The top ten refrigerators are also several big brands

It is still not easy, the goalkeeper of the tenth place in global TV is Sharp TV. The top ten refrigerators are also several big brands

Who said anything is easy?

Indian market will be the one to watch for sure as when the FTA comes into play, then BD can really start competing with the Korean assemblers in that huge and growing market.

It will be interesting to see them take on Samsung and LG who assemble in India once the free trade agreement with India is signed.
I went to check Walton revenue 2021, all business revenue is currently less than 1 billion U.S. dollars, and it is difficult to enter the forefront of large international companies with this scale. After all, the business of some sub-category brands has achieved billions of dollars, such as sweeping robots, electric toothbrushes, electric razors and other items.

Who said anything is easy?

Indian market will be the one to watch for sure as when the FTA comes into play, then BD can really start competing with the Korean assemblers in that huge and growing market.
He will definitely have promising potential, but I don't think it's easy to get away from your goal.

Bangladeshi electronics cannot be allowed in India, they block our exports on dumping pretext which is illegal. But Walton's scope of production (especially backward integration e.g. manufacturing compressors) is larger than many Indian manufacturers. In fact Walton OEM's for Samsung and a few American 2nd tier brand names I know of. They also bought EU brands (Zanussi et al) and will be launching those brands in the EU soon.

Have they purchased the entire brand of zanussi?

Back
Top Bottom