What's new

Wait over, Vikramaditya to be inducted on Nov 15

I have been a huge pessimist on this project but now it is days to go before induction you have to say it is a sure thing now- at last!
am not a pessimist, just dont believe the timelines that these people give. No idea whether the AC is good enough for the money, currently people are happy just to see it being inducted.
But then, I feel excited when I see a packet from amazon, even though I paid for it already... :laugh:

am not a pessimist, just dont believe the timelines that these people give. No idea whether the AC is good enough for the money, currently people are happy just to see it being inducted.
But then, I feel excited when I see a packet from amazon, even though I paid for it already... :laugh:
The pricing and value for money is a separate matter bro. And I too refused to believe the timelines the Russkies were giving out as they have yet to meet a single one yet (on a number of deals involving India) but given this ship is literally days away from induction into the IN, I'd say one can be pretty optimistic this Nov 15 deadline WILL be met.

The pricing and value for money is a separate matter bro. And I too refused to believe the timelines the Russkies were giving out as they have yet to meet a single one yet (on a number of deals involving India) but given this ship is literally days away from induction into the IN, I'd say one can be pretty optimistic this Nov 15 deadline WILL be met.
I fear the end user (IN) has completely relaxed any criteria for acceptance and just hopes to get inducted ASAP.

I fear the end user (IN) has completely relaxed any criteria for acceptance and just hopes to get inducted ASAP.
Pure hogwash, if that were the case they could've inducted it last year/earlier this year. Everything that needed to be done has been done-have no such doubts!

These big ships which are designed for travel in rough seas.They are made in such a way that when there is a storm or tides the ship acts like a pendulum waving and countering its weight . The weight is distributed equally.

Cargo ships twice as big have been lost to bad weather in the past. Of course for a warship, the main risk factor - cargo hold getting flooded - does not apply hence warships are much less susceptible to bad weather. They also have powerful engines.

Cargo ships twice as big have been lost to bad weather in the past. Of course for a warship, the main risk factor - cargo hold getting flooded - does not apply hence warships are much less susceptible to bad weather. They also have powerful engines.
Not to mention warships are crewed by far more people and all (in most navies) are proficient in damage control.

Back
Top Bottom