What's new

Vrindavan poised to have India's tallest temple

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
A theme park on Krishna Lila, a capsule elevator to take the visitors at 700 feet from where one can possibly get a glimpse of Taj Mahal, a look alike of the verdant forests of Vrindavan and a food court having cuisines of ancient temples of Krishna – these are some of the things that have been planned for the 70-storey-skyscraper temple which will put Vrindavan on the world spiritual map.

f2faa552-8370-4f5d-a7d1-d0e53e9e99b6wallpaper1.jpg

The foundation stone laying ceremony of the 213 meters Vrindavan Chandrodaya temple in Mathura district will be done on March 16. At present Hassan II Mosque in Morocco, which stands at 689 feet (210 meters), is the world's tallest religious structure.

"When constructed it will be the tallest temple of India and one of the tallest in the world. The iconic architecture will harmoniously blend elements of both Indian temple architecture and modern architecture," said vice-president, ISKCON, Bangalore and president of the Vrindavan project Chanchalapathi Dasa.

The project, which has been conceived by Madhu Pandit Dasa, president of ISKCON, Bangalore, will feature a grand temple of Lord Krishna.

A look-alike of the verdant forests of Vrindavan will be recreated around the temple. Spread over a sprawling 26 acres, it will consist of twelve forests of Braj to transport the visitors to Krishna's time in Vrindavan.

"It is a Rs. 300 crore project which will be funded by donation from the devotees of Krishna. Once the shilanyas is done, we will start the excavation and foundation work," Dasa said.

"From the ground level, a capsule elevator will take the visitors through different planetary systems in the universe, in an impressive sound and light show," Dasa said.

Vrindavan poised to have India's tallest temple - Hindustan Times

So they judge faith by the dimensions of the structures now? And that too in a third world nation, where 14000 children dying everyday because of preventable diseases and malnutrition, and they making a useless temple of 300 crores?

May God bless them. :D

So they judge faith by the dimensions of the structures now? And that too in a third world nation, where 14000 children dying everyday because do preventable diseases and malnutrition, and they making a useless temple of 300 crores?

Are you going to sermonize Indians on wasting money on space exploration too ?
300 crore is loose change for India.
The reason of failure of poverty alleviation is not lack of funds.

Are you going to sermonize Indians on wasting money on space exploration too ?
300 crore is loose change for India.
The reason of failure of poverty alleviation is not lack of funds.

Before going 'gung-ho' over space exploration, i believe practicing science has an upper hand before sitting in front of the statue and wasting time, anyday.

Jokes apart, the real objective of Mars exploration is to show ISROs ability to undertake critical payload launch and delivery, of course depending on the degree of the success. And the money invested in the mission will return with dividends in form of international space launch, if you look at the recent news, i believe ISRO has it's plates full of launch for coming years.

I know few people will bring up the factor of temples generate tourism which in turns employs a segment of people. Keeping that in context, how can it be any noble compared to the health care tourism generated by the town of 'Vellore', which by the end of the day, does help saving lives at an affordable costs. Specially, when UP has one of the most fucked up health care sectors.

So they judge faith by the dimensions of the structures now? And that too in a third world nation, where 14000 children dying everyday because of preventable diseases and malnutrition, and they making a useless temple of 300 crores?

Well, couldn't Ambani also have spent a billion dollars in better manner rather than build a gaudy home for himself?

As long as the Government does not step up to fund such ventures, I don't think poverty, healthcare and malnourishment need an entry here. Public welfare is the mandate of the Government, not Religious Organizations. Those who donate for ISKCON, on the other hand, need to ask this question.

Before going 'gung-ho' over space exploration, i believe practicing science has an upper hand before sitting in front of the statue and wasting time, anyday.

Jokes apart, the real objective of Mars exploration is to show ISROs ability to undertake critical payload launch and delivery, of course depending on the degree of the success. And the money invested in the mission will return with dividends in form of international space launch, if you look at the recent news, i believe ISRO has it's plates full of launch for coming years.

I know few people will bring up the factor of temples generate tourism which in turns employs a segment of people. Keeping that in context, how can it be any noble compared to the health care tourism generated by the town of 'Vellore', which by the end of the day, does help saving lives at an affordable costs. Specially, when UP has one of the most fucked up health care sectors.

Its ironic that you ,sitting in the USA are making arguments of a communist.
I suggest you turn over all your possessions to the poor before peddling this communistic crap on others.

Is this the most efficient use of resources ? Certainly not.
But the only people who can claim to take moral high ground are people like Warren Buffet who have pledged to give 99% of their wealth away.Rest of us are all sinners.

Please stop thinking of India as a poor country.India is not a poor country.India is a rich country of poor people.
Like any other country we spend our money on all our priorities accordingly.
Please get off your high horse saheb.

And I won't go into the health care thing as I feel its a distraction from the actual topic.

Well, couldn't Ambani also have spent a billion dollars in better manner rather than build a gaudy home for himself?

As long as the Government does not step up to fund such ventures, I don't think poverty, healthcare and malnourishment need an entry here. Public welfare is the mandate of the Government, not Religious Organizations. Those who donate for ISKCON, on the other hand, need to ask this question.

Are you in a position to judge Ambani? Probably he does enough. Having brought his name, can i put forward the name of Azim Premji, Sunil Mittal, or the contribution of Bill Gates towards eradication of polio in India?

Are you in a position to judge Ambani? Probably he does enough. Having brought his name, can i put forward the name of Azim Premji, Sunil Mittal, or the contribution of Bill Gates towards eradication of polio in India?

ISKCON too has many welfare schemes, actually. Their Akshaya Patra Foundation distributes freshly cooked, healthy meals daily to 1.3 million underprivileged children in 9,000 government schools through 20 locations in 9 states across India(wiki). I guess you weren't in a position to judge ISKCON either.:D

Its ironic that you ,sitting in the USA are making arguments of a communist.
I suggest you turn over all your possessions to the poor before peddling this communistic crap on others.

Is this the most efficient use of resources ? Certainly not.
But the only people who can claim to take moral high ground are people like Warren Buffet who have pledged to give 99% of their wealth away.Rest of us are all sinners.

Please stop thinking of India as a poor country.India is not a poor country.India is a rich country of poor people.
Like any other country we spend our money on all our priorities accordingly.
Please get off your high horse saheb.

And I won't go into the health care thing as I feel its a distraction from the actual topic.

Yeah, we (my mother) runs a free school in my village. And we pay our taxes on time, so i reserve the right to voice my opinion on the matter deemed fit for my concern.

And a nation is, what it's citizens are. If the majority of the population is malnourished, illiterate and poor, so is the nation. It is a made believe factor that taught the masses to believe India is a rich nation. Small nation of Italy has higher GDP than India.

Yeah, we (my mother) runs a free school in my village. And we pay our taxes on time, so i reserve the right to voice my opinion on the matter deemed fit for my concern.

And a nation is, what it's citizens are. If the majority of the population is malnourished, illiterate and poor, so is the nation. It is a made believe factor that taught the masses to believe India is a rich nation. Small nation of Italy has higher GDP than India.

I am not questioning your right to voice your reservations, only the logic behind them.
And I told you before, 300 crore is loose change for a country the size of India.
What you are suggesting is that we should stop developmental work, research, promotion of sports, heck even wasting our money on producing and watching movies until and unless our poor countrymen are rescued from poverty.

It is a stupid argument, really.

And BTW, India's rate of poverty alleviation since independence is faster than Britain's was after industrialization.
Some problems need time, you can't just throw money at them.
Society needs time to change.
Meanwhile, we can't just ignore every other priority.

I am not questioning your right to voice your reservations, only the logic behind them.
And I told you before, 300 crore is loose change for a country the size of India.
What you are suggesting is that we should stop developmental work, research, promotion of sports, heck even wasting our money on producing and watching movies until and unless our poor countrymen are rescued from poverty.

It is a stupid argument, really.

And BTW, India's rate of poverty alleviation since independence is faster than Britain's was after industrialization.
Some problems need time, you can't just throw money at them.
Society needs time to change.
Meanwhile, we can't just ignore every other priority.

To start with, India's rate of poverty reduction has mostly being done by reducing the level of income, that qualifies one to be in poverty group.

And private research, promotion of sports, making movies, or even Ambani's Antilla are taxable to the government. Are temples or religious entities taxable in India? No, it is not.

I don't know you overlooked the research part in my previous post intentionally or not, every kind of research has enough potential to earn multiple times the amount invested in it.

To start with, India's rate of poverty reduction has mostly being done by reducing the level of income, that qualifies one to be in poverty group.

And private research, promotion of sports, making movies, or even Ambani's Antilla are taxable to the government. Are temples or religious entities taxable in India? No, it is not.

I don't know you overlooked the research part in my previous post intentionally or not, every kind of research has enough potential to earn multiple times the amount invested in it.

Only an extremely gullible person would believe most of poverty reduction since independence is due to reducing the level of income.
What you said is patently false.You can pull up the UN numbers if you don't believe official stats.I am not going to do that research for you.You made that claim, prove it.

Oh and any of this does not have anything to do with your original point that people in India(not the Govt., mind you) should not be spending the princely sum of 300 crores on a temple.

Its like saying US citizens should not spend so much money on booze when x number of americans die from cancer every year.They should instead, give all their money to cancer research.
Its downright dumb.

Back
Top Bottom