What's new

New Delhi to get India's first Russian Orthodox Church

Yup it is a joke, a sick joke rather given by my attendance in few churches and what is the thrust of their teachings. Also heard a funny thing, marriage counseling given by priests who have never married. LOL. How was that for a joke?

You know about 'Eastern Christians'....Thats a nice joke...:omghaha:

n. This was the Christians in the Western society not Christians in East. Christians in the West are the biggest critics of the Church and the Bible and the trend is they move towards atheism or adopt Eastern religions.

Do not confuse that trend in the Western followers of Christianity and extrapolate them to the Christians in India.

well i respect other religions right to exist. but why call certain version of book shitty. do you have gall to call other religious books shitty. BTW i am no ISKON member or member of any other sect. ppl are able to call only books of Dharmic faith shitty. try calling a abrahmic faith one. BTW can you give me statistics of violence that are initiated or perpetuated b that shitty book or ISKON.

I have not called any religious book shitty . If i would have called GITA shitty your tripe would be justified . And stop with self victimization Quran translation of Azeri theologian Elmir Kuliyev is banned in russia , while IKSON's is not thanks to political posturing of India .

Regarding your last statement just to give a perspective .

Hare Krishna sect drives people to suicide in Siberia

Pravda, Russia/September 23, 2010

In Omsk, the leader of the Hare Krishna sect where people are deprived of money, housing, and driven to suicide, has been acquitted.

Two years ago, the police department of the Central District of Omsk received a statement from the 25-year-old Svetlana Ahmentzhaeva. The young woman accused Babaji Ali, the leader of the sect of Hare Krishna, of the extortion of money, an apartment and the threat of murder. In the five years it was the 52nd statement from citizens demanding the sectarian should be held accountable. It was the seventh incident where the prosecutor’s office opened a criminal case. As a result, the extortionist is still free, and people affected by him are forced to live in fear or hide.

While searching the apartment of Babaji Ali, who is the same person as a repeatedly convicted Ashot Gevorgovich Tugopaev, detectives found drugs. Criminological examination revealed they were Salvia divinorum. In Russia this psychotropic drug is not prohibited by law. With the help of this drug, Hare Krishna easily doped their victims, including Svetlana Ahmetzhaeva.

…Ahmetzhaeva was lucky: her claim made the prosecutor’s office to open a criminal case. But Nina Voropaeva, whose daughter cut her veins after joining the sect, could not achieve the same result.

“In 2007, my 16-year-old daughter Natasha joined the Hare Krishna sect in Omsk,” says Voropayeva. “My husband and I could not dissuade her. She had been reading religious literature and was convinced that Krishna will punish anyone who does not comprehend his teachings. When she began to ask us for money for Babaji Ali, my husband and I refused her. But the daughter has threatened that if we do not give her five thousand, she would cut her veins open. I had to give the money.

..Two days later I came home from work and found Natasha dead in a bloody tub. I spent about a month in the police department, demanding that they open a case against the leader of the sect, but prosecutors refused, as leader of the Hare Krishna sect said he had never seen our daughter. “

The same report provides inputs by Sergei Krivonos, an investigator of Internal Affairs of TSAO Omsk: “During the trial involving Tugopaev Ashot Gevorgovich a dozen witnesses – former members of the Hare Krishna sect – testified on the use of hashish. But as hashish has not been found during the search, the lawyer of Tugopaev managed to convince the court that because of their inexperience the witnesses could not distinguish between illicit drugs and legitimate psychotropic drugs, such as Salvia. And all the charges for illegal sale of drugs were withdrawn.”

The controversial nature of ISKCON’s activities in and around Tomsk reminds one of another distrubing chapter in its history when the Hare Krishna organisation was sued for alleged child abuse. Stories of child abuse started appearing in 1980s with cases dating back from mid 1970s onwards. In fact Prabhupada had exhorted his followers to send their wards – even 5 year olds – to the various Gurukulas which had come up in US and India where they faced abuse at the hands of teachers and other staff. A law firm which took up the case of the victims said that the abuse started in 1972 with ISKCON’s first school in Dallas, and continued in six other U.S. schools and two in India. According to its estimates more than half of the children in the schools were victimized. Few of these cases later appeared in print, such as in John Hubner and Lindsay Gruson’s 1988 book Monkey on a Stick. An official publication produced by ISKCON in 1988 provided details of the physical, emotional, and sexual abuse of children at the society’s boarding schools in both India and the U.S. during the 1970s and 1980s.

It would not be improper to say that controversies have always accompanied ISKCON’s activities. It was the year 1976 when a case involving allegations of “brainwashing” involving a minor named Robin George and her parents went all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States. In 1983, a California jury awarded the family more than $32 million in damages for false imprisonment and other charges, which was reduced to $485,000 in 1993.

well i respect other religions right to exist. but why call certain version of book shitty. do you have gall to call other religious books shitty. BTW i am no ISKON member or member of any other sect. ppl are able to call only books of Dharmic faith shitty. try calling a abrahmic faith one. BTW can you give me statistics of violence that are initiated or perpetuated b that shitty book or ISKON.

OK,I am a christian,and I call certain versions of bible (manipulated by some churches) as shitty.

You dopehead, may be that is because I own a copy of the book myself along with there being 2 lifetime members of ISKCON in my family. There is no such note in the book and you have to be on some real bad drug to think ISKCON will let such an unflattering comment by its own publishers pass.

Dear pipsqueak come with facts not personal family history as that does not count in a debate .

I have not called any religious book shitty . If i would have called GITA shitty your tripe would be justified . And stop with self victimization Quran translation of Azeri theologian Elmir Kuliyev is banned in russia , while IKSON's is not thanks to political posturing of India .

Regarding your last statement just to give a perspective .

Hare Krishna sect drives people to suicide in Siberia

Pravda, Russia/September 23, 2010

In Omsk, the leader of the Hare Krishna sect where people are deprived of money, housing, and driven to suicide, has been acquitted.

Two years ago, the police department of the Central District of Omsk received a statement from the 25-year-old Svetlana Ahmentzhaeva. The young woman accused Babaji Ali, the leader of the sect of Hare Krishna, of the extortion of money, an apartment and the threat of murder. In the five years it was the 52nd statement from citizens demanding the sectarian should be held accountable. It was the seventh incident where the prosecutor’s office opened a criminal case. As a result, the extortionist is still free, and people affected by him are forced to live in fear or hide.

While searching the apartment of Babaji Ali, who is the same person as a repeatedly convicted Ashot Gevorgovich Tugopaev, detectives found drugs. Criminological examination revealed they were Salvia divinorum. In Russia this psychotropic drug is not prohibited by law. With the help of this drug, Hare Krishna easily doped their victims, including Svetlana Ahmetzhaeva.

…Ahmetzhaeva was lucky: her claim made the prosecutor’s office to open a criminal case. But Nina Voropaeva, whose daughter cut her veins after joining the sect, could not achieve the same result.

“In 2007, my 16-year-old daughter Natasha joined the Hare Krishna sect in Omsk,” says Voropayeva. “My husband and I could not dissuade her. She had been reading religious literature and was convinced that Krishna will punish anyone who does not comprehend his teachings. When she began to ask us for money for Babaji Ali, my husband and I refused her. But the daughter has threatened that if we do not give her five thousand, she would cut her veins open. I had to give the money.

..Two days later I came home from work and found Natasha dead in a bloody tub. I spent about a month in the police department, demanding that they open a case against the leader of the sect, but prosecutors refused, as leader of the Hare Krishna sect said he had never seen our daughter. “

The same report provides inputs by Sergei Krivonos, an investigator of Internal Affairs of TSAO Omsk: “During the trial involving Tugopaev Ashot Gevorgovich a dozen witnesses – former members of the Hare Krishna sect – testified on the use of hashish. But as hashish has not been found during the search, the lawyer of Tugopaev managed to convince the court that because of their inexperience the witnesses could not distinguish between illicit drugs and legitimate psychotropic drugs, such as Salvia. And all the charges for illegal sale of drugs were withdrawn.”

The controversial nature of ISKCON’s activities in and around Tomsk reminds one of another distrubing chapter in its history when the Hare Krishna organisation was sued for alleged child abuse. Stories of child abuse started appearing in 1980s with cases dating back from mid 1970s onwards. In fact Prabhupada had exhorted his followers to send their wards – even 5 year olds – to the various Gurukulas which had come up in US and India where they faced abuse at the hands of teachers and other staff. A law firm which took up the case of the victims said that the abuse started in 1972 with ISKCON’s first school in Dallas, and continued in six other U.S. schools and two in India. According to its estimates more than half of the children in the schools were victimized. Few of these cases later appeared in print, such as in John Hubner and Lindsay Gruson’s 1988 book Monkey on a Stick. An official publication produced by ISKCON in 1988 provided details of the physical, emotional, and sexual abuse of children at the society’s boarding schools in both India and the U.S. during the 1970s and 1980s.

It would not be improper to say that controversies have always accompanied ISKCON’s activities. It was the year 1976 when a case involving allegations of “brainwashing” involving a minor named Robin George and her parents went all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States. In 1983, a California jury awarded the family more than $32 million in damages for false imprisonment and other charges, which was reduced to $485,000 in 1993.
the above said quran by you is not banned.
link-http://Ban of Quran Translation Overturned, Easing Fears of Unrest | News | The Moscow Times

it most definitely is,,,,,,
i have watched mahabharat,ramayan,,,,,,read vilrambetal in chandamama,,,panchatantra,jataka in diamond comics,,,,,but cant say that they alone can give a thorough understanding of our religion(my case in point),,,they just provide an overview..
well about reading religious scriptures,,,that's kinda difficult if not impossible,,,syllabus hi khatam nahi ho pata...why wud anybody be interested in studying them,,,apart from divine knowledge,,what's in it for me??

That is why deep scriptural knowledge was originally only meant for people who have an inclination towards such and the rest of the stuff that you read and saw such as the epics and stories were enough to be used as moral guides for day to day life. No one is asking you to become a religious pundit unless that is what you want to become.

What do you mean what is in it for you? What is in it for you with regards to any knowledge field. Do you become a politician by discussing politics? Or a doctor by reading some notes on medicine? People read to learn and acquire knowledge.

See this Indian mothers, especially Dharmic mothers and fathers too sense of sacrifice was what kept the Indian family stable through the worst deprivation the world has ever seen. It is their single minded devotion to their family and dharma which made them educate their kids and invest in their kids to the exclusion of everything else which has made the Indians one of the most educated and enterprising community in the whole world.

Now you can of course shun Dharma and choose to do without it, party, drink, make merry, have a broken house, 5-6 marriages and bankruptcies and let your kids turn out to be losers and drug addicts by way of becoming cool, but that is your call.

You know about 'Eastern Christians'....Thats a nice joke...

Hard to miss them given the number of times I have been approached to convert to Christianity by a brother or sister.

Dear pipsqueak come with facts not personal family history as that does not count in a debate .

Dopehead articles by Kafila are only good enough to be used as asswipes. From the very link you gave, this is what the publisher has to say.

But the person Krsna is both the goal and the substance of the Bhagavd-gita, so far as the Gita speaks of itself. This translation, then, and the commentary that accompanies it propose to direct the reader to Krsna rather than away from Him. The Bhagavad-gita thus becomes wholly consistent and comprehensible. Since Krsna is the speaker of the Gita, and its ultimate goal as well, Bhaghvad-gita As It Is presents this great scripture in its true terms.

__The Publisher

The other commentary was about other translations and not of Bhagvad-gita As It Is. So your asswipe Kafila and their distortions by selective quoting stand exposed.

Yes so now both are even . Congratulations . One by Political posturing other by "unrest posturing" .

Yeah Russia which can dare USA got scared of some Hindus agitating in Delhi and over turned the banning of the evil book.

Dopehead articles by Kafila are only good enough to be used as asswipes. From the very link you gave, this is what the publisher has to say.

But the person Krsna is both the goal and the substance of the Bhagavd-gita, so far as the Gita speaks of itself. This translation, then, and the commentary that accompanies it propose to direct the read to Krsna rather than away from Him. The Bhagavad-gita thus becomes wholly consistent adn comprehensible. Since Krsna is the speaker of the Gita, and its ultimate goal as well, Bhaghvad-gita As It Is presents this great scripture in its true terms.

__The Publisher

The other commentary was about other translations and not of Bhagvad-gita As It Is. So your asswipe Kafila and their distortions by selective quoting stand exposed.

So now you are saying you agree with what publisher has to say or disagree ?? Because you did not read what's written below the quote .

Yeah Russia which can dare USA got scared of some Hindus agitating in Delhi and over turned the banning of the evil book.

Not scared but it became a "Diplomatic issue" . YOu can google it yourself . If you fail i will give some links regarding it .

So now you are saying you agree with what publisher has to say or disagree ?? Because you did not read what's written below the quote .

I read the first 2 pages of the link you gave back then and it was whole and solely about their love and devotion for Krishna and yet you and the likes of you who run Kafila were trying to peddle your bullshit about how BGAIS is all about distortion. So run along and peddle your poison elsewhere. Indians no longer buy such bullshit.

Not scared but it became a "Diplomatic issue" . YOu can google it yourself . If you fail i will give some links regarding it .

Yeah right Russia is so scared of the reaction by MMS govt that it over rode its own legal system in fear and for sake of diplomacy.

I read the first 2 pages of the link you gave back then and it was whole and solely about their love and devotion for Krishna and yet you and the likes of you who run Kafila were trying to peddle your bullshit about how BGAIS is all about distortion. So run along and peddle your poison elsewhere. Indians no longer buy such bullshit.

Read the note below the quote .

Yeah right Russia is so scared of the reaction by MMS govt that it over rode its own legal system in fear and for sake of diplomacy.

Even americans did in devyani case .

Read the note below the quote .

Even americans did in devyani case .

Yeah right. That is why they lodged a fresh complaint even when they had no merit to their argument.

Doesnt even know what is eastern christianity..LMAO

I was certainly not talking about Eastern Orthodox Church. By Christians in East I meant Christians in Asia. The kind of nuts that I see in my day to day life.

Yeah right. That is why they lodged a fresh complaint even when they had no merit to their argument.

I was certainly not talking about Eastern Orthodox Church. By Christians in East I meant Christians in Asia. The kind of nuts that I see in my day to day life.

Eastern Christians = sects which originated in the east.not protestants

Back
Top Bottom