What's new

New Delhi to get India's first Russian Orthodox Church

Christianity did not undergo any change. It is Christians who underwent the change. Realize the difference. The books, the church, the interpretations, everything is the same as it was thousand years ago. But the society rejected it and moved on. This was the Christians in the Western society not Christians in East. Christians in the West are the biggest critics of the Church and the Bible and the trend is they move towards atheism or adopt Eastern religions.

Do not confuse that trend in the Western followers of Christianity and extrapolate them to the Christians in India. Christians in India have neither struggled against the lack of logic in Bible nor have they rejected the church. If it was not the Hindu culture which broadsides everything else in India, you would have found the Christians in India to be similar to the intolerant Christians of Europe of a thousand years ago.

No I disagree.
Christianity has indeed undergone change.
Before the church burnt Copernicus for suggesting Earth revolves around the Sun but now they accept.
The new pope is pretty tolerant about condoms and abortions.This has made him quite popular among liberals in the west.
Next they are targeting homosexuality and evolution.Many churches actually support homosexuality and evolution already.

All this is a part reformation of archaic religions to bring them in sync with 21st century.
Infact Christianity is the most modern religion right now.

Christianity did not undergo any change. It is Christians who underwent the change. Realize the difference. The books, the church, the interpretations, everything is the same as it was thousand years ago. But the society rejected it and moved on. This was the Christians in the Western society not Christians in East. Christians in the West are the biggest critics of the Church and the Bible and the trend is they move towards atheism or adopt Eastern religions.

Do not confuse that trend in the Western followers of Christianity and extrapolate them to the Christians in India. Christians in India have neither struggled against the lack of logic in Bible nor have they rejected the church. If it was not the Hindu culture which broadsides everything else in India, you would have found the Christians in India to be similar to the intolerant Christians of Europe of a thousand years ago.

They release revised version of the bible every other year what are you saying lol? Protestants tend to use the bible edited by King James as well whereas Catholics use the Ignatious Bible or the New American Bible I have seen around here. Then there are revised standard versions of which I believe there are two or three editions.

No I disagree.
Christianity has indeed undergone change.
Before the church burnt Copernicus for suggesting Earth revolves around the Sun but now they accept.
The new pope is pretty tolerant about condoms and abortions.This has made him quite popular among liberals in the west.
Next they are targeting homosexuality and evolution.Many churches actually support homosexuality and evolution already.

All this is a part reformation of archaic religions to bring them in sync with 21st century.
Infact Christianity is the most modern religion right now.

Sure I will agree when all this becomes a part of the Bible not just a passing fad. Church stopped burning people because people would burn the churches if the church continued with its bad behavior. In short, the Church lost power.

LOL about Christianity being the most modern religion. 33% of USA is now practicing evangelical Christianity, the only form of Christianity that is growing. May be you should considering joining them to become more modern. Watch the video of "modern Christians."

They release revised version of the bible every other year what are you saying lol? Protestants tend to use the bible edited by King James as well whereas Catholics use the Ignatious Bible or the New American Bible I have seen around here. Then there are revised standard versions of which I believe there are two or three editions.

Yeah they do and none of the revised bibles gain much acceptance because it is all about going back to how Christians were.

Yeah they do and none of the revised bibles gain much acceptance because it is all about going back to how Christians were.

The ones I mentioned are the latest released bibles that are in use.

As far as I am concerned, all Indians are Hindus since Hinduism is a cultural thing more than a religious thing.
Hinduism is not one religion but a collection of thousands of faiths.

Govt. should encourage people of all faiths to visit Temples,Churches,Mosques Gurudwaras to promote sense of oneness in Indians.

Your thoughts on this
@gslv mk3

I agree.

Biggest joke I have ever seen...

The ones I mentioned are the latest released bibles that are in use.

King James is 1611 version and while the Protestants have as many versions of Bible as denominations, they have just as many people who leave the church because none of them agree with the other. The only one gaining ground are the evangelicals and they do not do revisions.

It was in the blog. I did not go to any other website to see what the publisher had quoted about the book. The authenticity of the publisher remains questionable too since they did not consider it necessary to put the name of the publisher.

Accepting my mistake? About what? It is the nutcases in Kafila who thought it relevant to quote the so called publisher and yet I am in the wrong?

Or you mean to say that the publishers put that note in the "Bhagvad Gita As It Is" and ISKCON let it stay as a compliment? Are you completely retarded?

I gave you the link of the book pipsqueak . Or for you that book is questionable . Or you know more about the book than the publisher itself :lol::lol: as you were digressing with what publisher said not kafila .

Biggest joke I have ever seen...

Yup it is a joke, a sick joke rather given by my attendance in few churches and what is the thrust of their teachings. Also heard a funny thing, marriage counseling given by priests who have never married. LOL. How was that for a joke?

They did not ban our relgious books . They banned shitty manipulated book of ISKON .
well i respect other religions right to exist. but why call certain version of book shitty. do you have gall to call other religious books shitty. BTW i am no ISKON member or member of any other sect. ppl are able to call only books of Dharmic faith shitty. try calling a abrahmic faith one. BTW can you give me statistics of violence that are initiated or perpetuated b that shitty book or ISKON.

How does anyone learn anything? How about buying some religious scriptures and trying to read them. I am myself not a religious person, but the way I learnt a little bit about my religion was through the stories my father told me about Mahabharata or Ramayana or the old movies which were based on stories from puranas. What were the stories of Vikram and Betal all about? Or the stories of Panchatantra or Jataka tales? Morals, values, wisdom, right, wrong, kindness, is this not what our culture all about.
it most definitely is,,,,,,
i have watched mahabharat,ramayan,,,,,,read vilrambetal in chandamama,,,panchatantra,jataka in diamond comics,,,,,but cant say that they alone can give a thorough understanding of our religion(my case in point),,,they just provide an overview..
well about reading religious scriptures,,,that's kinda difficult if not impossible,,,syllabus hi khatam nahi ho pata...why wud anybody be interested in studying them,,,apart from divine knowledge,,what's in it for me??

I gave you the link of the book pipsqueak . Or for you that book is questionable . Or you know more about the book than the publisher itself :lol::lol: as you were digressing with what publisher said not kafila .

You dopehead, may be that is because I own a copy of the book myself along with there being 2 lifetime members of ISKCON in my family. There is no such note in the book and you have to be on some real bad drug to think ISKCON will let such an unflattering comment by its own publishers pass.

well i respect other religions right to exist. but why call certain version of book shitty. do you have gall to call other religious books shitty. BTW i am no ISKON member or member of any other sect. ppl are able to call only books of Dharmic faith shitty. try calling a abrahmic faith one. BTW can you give me statistics of violence that are initiated or perpetuated b that shitty book or ISKON.

Yup and also the Krishnas were indulging in hate speech according to that douchebag.

Back
Top Bottom