What's new

New Delhi to get India's first Russian Orthodox Church

Russians have a difficult task of maintaining the unity of their country as it is.They don't want more trouble.
Sadly Indian politicians are more interested in getting into power using votebanks than to think in India's interest.

With religion becoming less and less relevant with time, it will either help to unify India or fragment it.

ISKCON members are hardly trouble makers leave alone terrorists and it was a big sham about signing an agreement to start an Orthodox church in India. When did anyone need govt's sanction to start a church in India? The Russians control a large part of economy of Goa and they can surely set up a church or two without involving Putin.

The paragraph you quoted is by the publishers of that book retard not this blog . Your head is way up in your arse .

Bhagavad-gita As It Is - His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada - Google Books

Which the blog runners thought relevant to put it in the blog to beef up their pathetic case. Check out where your head is first before bothering about other's head.

Considering Krishna's are the only people who are proselytizing, they were the only threat to the church there and hence the attempts by the Church to shut them down and get their book banned. So really, grow a brain.

Buddhism is spreading faster than Hinduism in Russia . We have not heard of any Buddhist ban .

hmm,,,but how do u propose we achieve that,,,most(probably 80%)Hindus have limited knowledge about there own religion..(me included:p:)

Precisely by making Dharma and imparting knowledge of Dharma an important activity of family life. Things are already working in that direction given the right turn the country is taking.

Which the blog runners thought relevant to put it in the blog to beef up their pathetic case. Check out where your head is first before bothering about other's head.

What a pathetic little pip . When proved wrong that the paragraph he came running on his post is actually from the book instead of accepting his mistake he is running on a tangential curve .

Too beef up the case using quotes from the book should be one of the most logical way to put a "case" forward .

Russians have a difficult task of maintaining the unity of their country as it is.They don't want more trouble.
Sadly Indian politicians are more interested in getting into power using votebanks than to think in India's interest.

With religion becoming less and less relevant with time, it will either help to unify India or fragment it.
@Cherokee

Russia banning a version of Gita does not make it shitty
Explain why you think its shitty ?

Russia did not ultimately ban the book. It was referred to the University of Tomsk and both the University and Court did not find anything objectionable in the book. Never mind the nutcases from Kafila.

ISKCON members are hardly trouble makers leave alone terrorists and it was a big sham about signing an agreement to start an Orthodox church in India. When did anyone need govt's sanction to start a church in India? The Russians control a large part of economy of Goa and they can surely set up a church or two without involving Putin.
As far as I am concerned, all Indians are Hindus since Hinduism is a cultural thing more than a religious thing.
Hinduism is not one religion but a collection of thousands of faiths.

Govt. should encourage people of all faiths to visit Temples,Churches,Mosques Gurudwaras to promote sense of oneness in Indians.

Your thoughts on this
@gslv mk3

please,dont say muthoot finance.

who speaks the syriac language?

i have a couple of friends,their malayalam itself is nothing great forget about syriac.
thats also a bank...
malayalam is nothing for u peoples,but its our mother...

Buddhism is spreading faster than Hinduism in Russia . We have not heard of any Buddhist ban .

Buddhists have gone through persecution as well as @Tshering will let you know. It is the understanding that Buddhism is an atheistic religion and not a challenge to Jesus as the savior which lets Buddhism pass through without much scrutiny. ISKCON does not fit that definition.

Precisely by making Dharma and imparting knowledge of Dharma an important activity of family life. Things are already working in that direction given the right turn the country is taking.
but how can one make dharma an important part of life without having any knowledge regarding it ,let alone impart it...
n i don't get it when u say family life??

As far as I am concerned, all Indians are Hindus since Hinduism is a cultural thing more than a religious thing.

Govt. should encourage people of all faiths to visit Temples,Churches,Mosques Gurudwaras to promote sense of oneness in Indians.

Your thoughts on this
@gslv mk3

The way Hinduism works Hindus would have made a God out of Mohammed if the Muslims had not been so exclusivist. Hindus have no problem visiting any house of God, the resistance comes from the other side. The whole argument starts because they consider Hinduism as inferior pagan demonic cult.

I would agree that present church is portuguese built,but there was an ancient tomb as well as an ancient cross discovered from there.

Ever heard of 'Syriac' language ?

I never said it.There are many caste - communities in Kerala.Each having their own customs as well common customs shared with other malayalis..

i dont know,well could be anyone.

But it is possible they came to kerala because of the trade links and Kerala was the epitome of hindu psirituality/ayurveda/etc etc.

Your thoughts on this
@gslv mk3

ya i want muslims to come to temples,i dont mind doing namaaz or saying prayers.

The way Hinduism works Hindus would have made a God out of Mohammed if the Muslims had not been so exclusivist. Hindus have no problem visiting any house of God, the resistance comes from the other side. The whole argument starts because they consider Hinduism as inferior pagan demonic cult.

Religions are never perfect and nor are they set in stone.

Christianity underwent major changes during renaissance years and shed many bad practices.

The belief that all non christians are sinners who will burn in hell was important for preservation and propagation of Christianity in medieval times, but now with advent of science people know better.
Religion per se has taken a back seat and spirituality has come into the fore.

Wouldn't this be the right time to shed the belief that only Christianity is the right path ?
Otherwise how can you claim to be secular ?
@gslv mk3 @Cherokee

Last edited:
What a pathetic little pip . When proved wrong that the paragraph he came running on his post is actually from the book instead of accepting his mistake he is running on a tangential curve .

Too beef up the case using quotes from the book should be one of the most logical way to put a "case" forward .

It was in the blog. I did not go to any other website to see what the publisher had quoted about the book. The authenticity of the publisher remains questionable too since they did not consider it necessary to put the name of the publisher.

Accepting my mistake? About what? It is the nutcases in Kafila who thought it relevant to quote the so called publisher and yet I am in the wrong?

Or you mean to say that the publishers put that note in the "Bhagvad Gita As It Is" and ISKCON let it stay as a compliment? Are you completely retarded?

but how can one make dharma an important part of life without having any knowledge regarding it ,let alone impart it...
n i don't get it when u say family life??

How does anyone learn anything? How about buying some religious scriptures and trying to read them. I am myself not a religious person, but the way I learnt a little bit about my religion was through the stories my father told me about Mahabharata or Ramayana or the old movies which were based on stories from puranas. What were the stories of Vikram and Betal all about? Or the stories of Panchatantra or Jataka tales? Morals, values, wisdom, right, wrong, kindness, is this not what our culture all about.

Last edited:
Religions are never perfect and nor are they set in stone.

Christianity underwent major changes during renaissance years and shed many bad practices.

The belief that all non christians are sinners who will burn in hell was important for preservation and propagation of Christianity in medieval times, but now with advent of science people know better.
Religion per se has taken a back seat and spirituality has come into the fore.

Wouldn't this be the right time to shed the belief that only Christianity is the right path ?
Otherwise how can you claim to be secular ?
@gslv mk3 @Cherokee

Christianity did not undergo any change. It is Christians who underwent the change. Realize the difference. The books, the church, the interpretations, everything is the same as it was thousand years ago. But the society rejected it and moved on. This was the Christians in the Western society not Christians in East. Christians in the West are the biggest critics of the Church and the Bible and the trend is they move towards atheism or adopt Eastern religions.

Do not confuse that trend in the Western followers of Christianity and extrapolate them to the Christians in India. Christians in India have neither struggled against the lack of logic in Bible nor have they rejected the church. If it was not the Hindu culture which broadsides everything else in India, you would have found the Christians in India to be similar to the intolerant Christians of Europe of a thousand years ago.

Back
Top Bottom