What's new

Visual similarities of JF-17 with other planes

Skeptic786

Reaction score
For long time before Jf-17 was unveiled to the world.....rumours were circulated that China was copying a f16 plane to produce the joint Sino-Pak fighter....which we now know as JF-17 ( FC-1 in china ).....since we have seen the plane now ( see pics on this forum of jf-17 ) which plane do you think JF-17 resembles in terms of physical similarities.

To me it looks alot like the French Mirage than F16....anyway would appreciate if someone can shed light on this topic....if possibly with the aid of pics.

PS1. i am aware it matter more what a plane can do....rather than how it looks....but there have been plenty of threads on capabilities of jf-17, on this forum and many others on the net. Lets concentrate on physical appearance only.

The JF-17/FC-1 had the frame of the rejected Mig-33. I gues the chinese and pakistanis relized how easy it is to change a frame of the plane, and they then added things to the fraem to make it more capabale. The DSI, intakes make it mounverable and less weight i think. It also has the wings from the hornet series. It's nose looks somewhat like the mirage family. But anywho, why can't they make the JF-17 more like the SU-37 or F-22 body frame wise? It's not rocket science, just some more paper work :coffee:

brothers ( and if any sister is about ...sister(s))

i have seen mig33 pics and you can see them too from google.....that was twin jet engine having inlets under the wings......look at the mirage III pics on this website and compare them to JF17 and you'll see the remarkable physical similarities between both.

The Super 7 prject originally began with the Mig-33 design which inpart failed to the mig-29 plann. Later the Mig-33 design inheretid many characteristic from the USAF F-17 after it failed to the F-16, and later became the F-18. In the past couple of years the design was more modified with the adding of DSI and LERX technology.

So this is how it would look with all the design changes

Mig33------>Super 7
-----------------} --> JF-17----> New lerx and DSI technology
F-5-------> F-17----->F-18

I think the JF-17 looks like the F-17 with LERX (took from F-18), while from the side it looks alot like the mirage fighters, and front looks like F-16 thanxs to canopy size and angle

The Super 7 prject originally began with the Mig-33 design which inpart failed to the mig-29 plann. Later the Mig-33 design inheretid many characteristic from the USAF F-17 after it failed to the F-16, and later became the F-18. In the past couple of years the design was more modified with the adding of DSI and LERX technology.

So this is how it would look with all the design changes

Mig33------>Super 7
-----------------} --> JF-17----> New lerx and DSI technology
F-5-------> F-17----->F-18

I think the JF-17 looks like the F-17 with LERX (took from F-18), while from the side it looks alot like the mirage fighters, and front looks like F-16 thanxs to canopy size and angle

Good analysis buddy, i may have the similar kind of views as urz but we cant compare any plane to other by look, every plane is different to other in many ways. To me, JF-17 looks like JF-17.:rolleyes: Cheers

Good analysis buddy, i may have the similar kind of views as urz but we cant compare any plane to other by look, every plane is different to other in many ways. To me, JF-17 looks like JF-17.:rolleyes: Cheers

take a look at jf-17 pics from the side on this website....then have a look at Mirage III pics also on this website and the similarities will fall in place for you as well.

JF-17 looks like a fighter that the PAF would buy and operate - it doesn't get any simpler than that. It has a modern day generic shape similar to what the MiG-21 and F-5 were and what F-16 is. Its superiority is meant to be variable depending on multiple situations - thus extracting as much potency out of a generic plane as possible. And it was meant to be the backbone/mainstay aircraft to create a strong threshold and shield to absorb losses and extract as much performance with the lowest possible price as possible.

The Tail and exhaust of JF-17 are derived from Mig-09 and Nose, Wings and Canopy resembles with F-16 whereas intakes are dreived from french Rafael

The LCA is more like M2000 then JF17 is like F16...If I would say something then the plane likes most like the follow up from the NF5... That was a single engined plane with almost same layout... Just add DSI to that plane and you end up with JF17... But we do have to remind that every plane is either conventional or delta and with minor alterations like number of engines or intake on chin or side... So why keep up comparing while we know that it is the most important to check the radar, engine, avionics and weapons?

The LCA is more like M2000 then JF17 is like F16...If I would say something then the plane likes most like the follow up from the NF5... That was a single engined plane with almost same layout... Just add DSI to that plane and you end up with JF17... But we do have to remind that every plane is either conventional or delta and with minor alterations like number of engines or intake on chin or side... So why keep up comparing while we know that it is the most important to check the radar, engine, avionics and weapons?

Nice comment sir and what a very easy simple comparision Thanx

^^Very true. I was quoting what some twerps were saying 5 years ago. Fourth generation airframe imo.

Back
Top Bottom