What's new

Vishwaroopam ban: will leave India for a 'secular' land, says Kamal Haasan

i see that u have poolithevar ayya's photograph,

if u r a maravar be proud of ur blood and stop supporting morons like kamal.

Actor Kamal Haasan will appeal to the Supreme Court to rescind a two-week ban on his mega-budget Vishwaroopam . He lost his case in the Madras High Court today, minutes after he announced he had "settled amicably" with Muslim groups by agreeing to delete contentious scenes and words from the movie. It was a day of incredible plot twists for the actor-director-producer. Late in the afternoon, he announced he would re-edit his film, removing a list of scenes and words furnished by Muslim groups. "My Muslim family has reached out to me...we have settled amicably...there are no more differences between me and my Muslim brothers," he said. The compromise contrasted with the firm stand he took at a press conference this morning, where he suggested the battle over Vishwaroopam is a crucible of India's secularism and threatened to leave Tamil Nadu if the ban on the movie was not lifted. "If there is no secular state in India, I would go overseas," he said. Blaming the state government, he said, "It appears Tamil Nadu wants me out...but I will always remain Tamil and an Indian." The ban on the movie was introduced by the Tamil Nadu government last week. It was lifted by a Madras High Court judge last night, who had reviewed Vishwaroopam . But the government appealed against that verdict in the High Court today, and won. Petrol bombs were hurled at two theatres 600 kms from Chennai which were scheduled to show Vishwaroopam . Nobody was hurt; glass windows were shattered. Kamal Haasan's offer to make changes to his film may be based on his financial vulnerability as a producer of the big-budget film. He shared today that his house and other properties have been pledged to a money-lender. His brother, Chandra, who co- produced Vishwaroopam , has said the movie has lost between 30 and 60 crores because it has not screened as scheduled in Tamil Nadu.

Kamal Haasan agrees to cut scenes, legal battle moves to Supreme Court

Hindus are the most racists people on this planet....this comes from a lifetime of experience living as a hindu in tamil nadu .

I lived in tamil nadu and work around tamilians..... I never felt hindus are racist....... But thats your opinion..... which you are entitled to have... but that may not be true.....

Brahmins in India are regularly made fun of are seen by each and every person out there as the only reason for caste status. You can make as much fun of them as possible. I don't think this is anything unique to Kamal Hassan, scores of films out there like those u speak of in each language.

How caste status come into picture? even many films made fun about dalits/lower castes. Being Brahmin criticizing his own caste is the major problem for tamil brahmins.

i see that u have poolithevar ayya's photograph,

if u r a maravar be proud of ur blood and stop supporting morons like kamal.

You found it....I am not expecting that :tup:......actually I am not supporting Kamal just saying common brahmin views towards him. I stayed in Paramakudi(native place of Kamal) so I know about it.

which film makes fun of dalits/lower castes? name me one.

Raniyan(murali movie), Kilake pogum rail you want me say more?

You found it....I am not expecting that......actually I am not supporting Kamal just saying common brahmin views towards him. I stayed in Paramakudi(native place of Kamal) so I know about it.

Raniyan(murali movie), Kilake pogum rail you want me say more?

Iraniyan is about Murali as the hero and how he fights the zamindar but they dont say that the zamindar is nayakkar/naidu,

i have seen kizhakke pogum rail but they dont make fun of any caste by mentioning their name.

I have nothing against pointing out the flaws of brahmins but kamal certainly goes overboard trying to lick Mu ka and periyar's whatever.

and what has the great kamal done for tamilnadu/paramakudi?

The word Aaandey predominantly refer to dominant thevar caste , the movie shown how they suppressed lower castes and their atrocities towards dalits they not even treated them as dogs. In Kilake pogum rail the hero belongs to barber caste I think so see it again.

Yeah true at some extent he is always want 2 prove that he is smart and broadminded.....wat to do?its his nature.

Noting he did , as an actor he did lot for cine industry.

well,my question is is he so unique that there is nobody else,

if he remains just a mere actor and acts in director's movies,it is different.

MGR was an icon,he had a political agenda which he always maintained,he also won became CM and kept his word and his promsies.

Does Kamal have balls like that?

How caste status come into picture? even many films made fun about dalits/lower castes. Being Brahmin criticizing his own caste is the major problem for tamil brahmins.

I am not talking about any particular state, i am from Andhra but there n number of films in various languages. In older times it was always the brahmin ganging up with the landlord in village and exploiting others, now it is making fun of them as movies have moved from village scene.

indushek,such movies come in TN also and there is no problem with that,

but this guy talks about the women and discuss them as vulgar caricatures.

perhaps his mom,sisters and people of his family have low character but not others.

so,he should discuss himself if he is so interested.

So we are robbed of an good artistic film yet again. Reports are trickling in. It seems Kamal rejected Jaya Tv offer of buying satellite rights of that movie. And he had suggested in a lighter vein not much before , he would prefer a "dhoti clad tamil person" as PM, preferably PC.
And Amma is giving back, exactly what is expected. She is such an adamant moron and revenge minded person

Vooh.....now that's an emotional guy . I used to love Kalam Hassans acting especially in the film Chachi 420 , and as a fan I would be dissapointed if he quits his birthplace .

Even if let's say Kamal Hassan only picks up on Tamil Brahmins.. So what ? Unless until he goes overboard, it's fine..

By some logic floating around that "he doesn't make enough fun of Dalits " is akeen to saying that there should be reservation for the amount of fun an artist makes of a particular section of society..

Only difference is the demand is made by Brahmins rather than dalits.. :D :D

One big mistake from Kamalhasan was to re-track on his DTH release prior to the release in cinemas.He would have then recovered a major part of his investment,but that would have been a very big,'Life Threatening Jolt' to the cinema houses for ever!.It is clear that KamalHasan has some how offended Her Majesty the Queen Jayalalithaa.There is no other explanation.He is definitely being made an instrument in a political game and they are doing it in a very bad way.In the filmdom, where 'dog eats dog',I wish this creative artist good luck.

Back
Top Bottom