What's new

Vikramditya & the IAC Vikrant Threat To Pakistan Waters

XlpxZ6Q.jpg

IAC's+Radars+&+Weapons-2.jpg

800px-Nansen-oto75mm-2006-07-03.jpg

Yup, two of these on the front. Two on the back, this will have four OTO Melara 76 mms on it.

Last edited:
Pakistan needs to work on Frigates, Corvettes and FAC with Auxiliary equipment with China and on Submarines with Germany or France...

Pakistan needs to work on Frigates, Corvettes and FAC with Auxiliary equipment with China and on Submarines with Germany or France...
but sir where will you get money for them :coffee: 
Yes they are threat to Pakistan but Pakistan has invested in Carrier Killers as above member too has mentioned. For now these should be a threat to india's billion$ ACC's.

But I think in future Pakistan should try getting one.
well buddy look at it this way to launch your ASMs you need to be at least in 200 Kms near a CBG first question is how will you manage that cause an indian CBG will have have a 500 Km+ multi layered Radar shield around it while owr ground based assets(Radars+Fighters) scan/track & will take them owt before they even could reach near the CBGs + CBGs are not for paistan MKIs & Mig29 squads based in jamnagar alone can take care of all your assets in southern part of pakistan all the way uptill Balochistan + there are no shortage of fighters in jodhpur for central and ambala for north among others there is no way if a PAF planes takes off & survive to reach in firing zone anywhere say 200 Km+ from owr CBGs with so called "carrier killers"

please care to tell me how many Planes PAF can spare for this role while bulk of it will be engaged in a battle to save pakistani air space from indian domination

thanks in advance

Last edited:
An Aircraft Carrier that can carry 30 fighters and supported by number frigates , destroyers and nuclear submarine offer too much power projection.Even some pakistanis here trying to underestimate that fact,I dont think PN underestimate that.

A SSN is not not important.. A quiet Diesel will also do. What is required is numbers. These subs have to be able to successfully get close into the ASW net to create issues. However, I would not count out the value of systems such as the Cm-400 or AGM-84. If nothing else, they serve as a source of consternation and have the fleet commander fretting at every flying object coming within 200km of the carrier. It also will force constant BARCAP which in itself is a drain on resources.

Moreover, BARCAPs are not a 100% guarantee that something will not get through or be launched. After all.. PAF mirages managed to break through BARCAPs by F-14s during exercises.. so its better never to underestimate the low level launch platform skimming some 30 feet above the sea.

Not to mention that if you can actually saturate the air space and surface/sub-surface with possible bogies then someone or something is bound to get through...I would wager that if things get too hot under the collar then Pakistan might attempt a full out saturation attack..that would be bad.

@WebMaster The CBG for IN will be composed of the P-15A destroyers among other ships, as such it will have adequate air defense against aircrafts (albeit not if they are attacking from stand-off ranges) and moreover the same interceptor system is designed from the bottom up for missile interception (cruise missile and terminal interception of depressed trajectory SRBM/TBMs). As such it will be adequate for now, dunno how relevant it would be 10-15 years later since the threat scenario changes quite rapidly these days.

PN may invest more in subs in coming years I think, if the IAC 1 and Vikramaditya are part of their new threat perception.

I dont think A/C wil be used extensively for a fight against Pakistan, but yes war can be unpredictable.

It is true that ACs posses Threats in its own ways but Pakistan has heavily invested in Carrier Killers as Weapons of choice, the motives and objectives should be well know to INavy, decommission ACs temporary out of War is in itself a major success but remains to be seen how effectively Pakistan Navy/Air plans would be. It would be understatement and underestimation by INavy and they should be concerned as with little investment Pakistan can potentially achieve the objectives to taking out ACs out of War..

It is apparent that you do not read, analyse and comprehend the information that is available in "open source" before you toss up a piece of journalistic hype: i.e. "Carrier Killers".

I need to again point you at what @Oscar painstakingly pointed out on numerous occassions on some other threads about the fallacy of attempting to "kill" Carriers with a few missiles. I will just laugh at such Farmer John's simple-minded notions; so do take the trouble to read what Oscar has explained.

It is very important to understand first of all; how a Carrier is constructed. It is not constructed like a Canoe or even the Titanic. And a Carrier is constructed even more substantially than even todays RMS Queen Mary 2! There is something known as Damage Control which is an area of study that governs design and construction of Warships (actually all ships) and it stands to reason that those measures will reach their acme in the context of Carriers.

Then do try to imagine how those alleged "Carrier Killers" can even get delivered to a Carrier (which will be part of a CBG) manuevering on the high seas. Even more so; factor in the relative strengths of the Naval Assets (in three spheres of activity) at the command of the two adversaries in the scenario that you are attempting to conjure up.

All said and done those devices that you so lovingly and hopefully look upon as "Carrier Killers" can be considered to nice phallic symbols; little else.

It is apparent that you do not read, analyse and comprehend the information that is available in "open source" before you toss up a piece of journalistic hype: i.e. "Carrier Killers".

I need to again point you at what @Oscar painstakingly pointed out on numerous occassions on some other threads about the fallacy of attempting to "kill" Carriers with a few missiles. I will just laugh at such Farmer John's simple-minded notions; so do take the trouble to read what Oscar has explained.

It is very important to understand first of all; how a Carrier is constructed. It is not constructed like a Canoe or even the Titanic. And a Carrier is constructed even more substantially than even todays RMS Queen Mary 2! There is something known as Damage Control which is an area of study that governs design and construction of Warships (actually all ships) and it stands to reason that those measures will reach their acme in the context of Carriers.

Then do try to imagine how those alleged "Carrier Killers" can even get delivered to a Carrier (which will be part of a CBG) manuevering on the high seas. Even more so; factor in the relative strengths of the Naval Assets (in three spheres of activity) at the command of the two adversaries in the scenario that you are attempting to conjure up.

All said and done those devices that you so lovingly and hopefully look upon as "Carrier Killers" can be considered to nice phallic symbols; little else.

Sure whatever keeps you happy day dreaming, those weapons are specifically being developed to take out ships/ACs out of service "temporarily out of war". Every piece of equipment has its drawbacks and vulnerabilities, ACs are not invincible. You should focus indian ACs not US ACs you would actually be deploying close to Pakistan Area of interests you are mistaken that nothing would come close or touch it that is why PN is considerably investing in smart low costs Anti-Ship weapons including CM-AKG and their further development, they are not being developed to sink fishing boats. Again I would not be so stupid to underestimate such weapons and their use. It is important to understand "Carrier Killer" weapons are developed-tested keeping in mind ACs and ships alike. You are going to enter or come close to the Area of interests heavily protected and you would think it is piece of cake to just sit in there...expect resistance and target, I would also suggest this is not 1971 this is 2013+ you are going to see new and improved weapons over time CM-AKG is just tip of the ice berg. I read you post and all I can get from you post is in simply indian assets are invincible, you are dead wrong though. @AhaseebA comments.

Will just ask/try and buy the DF 21 ASBM, with its long range it will keep the Indian AC far away from Pakistani shore for them to be effective..

so when will u attack on us
we already have anti-ship missiles
and i future Chinese will take control gawader
i wish india will deploy carriers near pakistan

Back
Top Bottom