What's new

Views of Pakistanis regarding 1965 war

The Pakistan-India war had a different dynamic than the US-Afghanistan/Vietnam, Soviet Union-Afghanistan wars; so they must be assessed differently.

Bulshit.

There is no different 'dynamic' when you used universal terms like 'Troop strength/troop loss' and 'net loss/gain of territory'.

Territory is measured in miles^2 everywhere and one soldier is a unit everywhere. Simple.

If you want the 'dynamics' to play a part, then the ' underlying objectives' of the war and the success/failure to achieve them must also be taken into account. Take your pick.

1971 was a blessing in disguise. That huge population in that small piece of land they would be flooding to our cities. They instead are flooding into your cities :enjoy:

Even our Sindh province is huger in size compared to Bangladesh.

If you are happy with the status quo, then why fool your generation with a fantasy map and include a territory that no indian can even come near.

Oh my god this guy really thinks that surrender of 94000 Pakistani troops before Indian army was a good thing. Most insane reply i seen in this thread. No more replies to this guy from me on this thread.:what:

I thought Pakistan considers Jammu nad Kashmir as its territory. Anyway.

If it makes sense to you people that - you were winning and then all of a sudden your PM dropped everything, went to US and agreed to a humiliating ceasefire coupled with loss of face worldwide - is a victory, More power to you. :tup:

BTW lets concentrate on '65 war. I see you are desperately trying to de-rail the thread after being bunker-busted on every claim.

No, Pakistan does not consider Jammu & Kashmir as its territory. It calls it disputed territory.

This is Pakistan's official map, which in accordance to the stance of the international community.

map_of_pakistan.jpg

This is India's official map, which is against the stance of the international community:

IndiaMap_tourism.gif

At the end of the day, Pakistan controls what India claims is part of its integral territory, whereas India controls nothing of what Pakistan claims to be its integral territory. Simple.

Yes, Pakistan had gained 1500 sq km of Indian held Kashmir (& India had gained nothing of Pakistani territory) before India went to the US to force Pakistan to accept the ceasefire.

So all the claims of Indian military booting our the infiltrators, all the Howitzers cleaning out the rabbit holes, all the mirages smoking out the mujheddin using PGMs are false and Indian propaganda ?

BTW if India did indeed 'forced' US to 'force' Pakistan from such a favorable position to accept a ceasefire then its a stupendous Indian diplomatic victory unrivalled by anything else we have seen

Either way India won - politically or militarily.

Yes, Pakistan had gained 1500 sq km of Indian held Kashmir (& India had gained nothing of Pakistani territory) before India went to the US to force Pakistan to accept the ceasefire.

act of cowardice is nothing to brag about,entering an abandoned post with no resistance is not a heroic act :lol:

At the end of the day, Pakistan controls what India claims is part of its integral territory, whereas India controls nothing of what Pakistan claims to be its integral territory. Simple.

:rolleyes:

I have already made it clear, that this thread is about 1965 war. So dont de-rail the thread after being busted on every claim about the '65 war.

And the territory occupied by Pakistan was not India's to start with. It was the territory of the Independent Princely kingdom of Kashmir which was bequethed to us by the Raja and later became de-jure Indian territory. You did not fight with us and win that.

Bangladesh will soon be under water because of global warming. Guess where all the Bangladeshis going to run to ;)

Bharat :enjoy:

Oh my god this guy really thinks that surrender of 94000 Pakistani troops before Indian army was a good thing. Most insane reply i seen in this thread. No more replies to this guy from me on this thread.:what:

I guess you liked it when we ruled over you guys for 700 years, converted your people, & managed to split 1/4th of the Indian subcontinent in 1947.

I guess you liked it when we ruled over you guys for 700 years, & managed to split 1/4th of the Indian subcontinent in 1947.

So you want to go back in long deep history to prove that you had some victories. Not done. 1947? what can i say? was it a war between two armies.? Let it be.

I guess you liked it when we ruled over you guys for 700 years, converted your people, & managed to split 1/4th of the Indian subcontinent in 1947.

That was cheap,below the belt, totally false post. I don't want to go offtopic to debunk that

And dont derail the thread just because all your claims on '65 war has been busted.

you guys ruled us :rofl:,even during the mughal era the subcontinent was referred to as hindustan,and your ancestors were not the rulers but the opressed people who had to convert due to persecution of hindus

Persecution of Hindus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harshad, please dont de-rail the thread. This is what Bilalhaider wants to do after all his claims of 'Pakistani victory' has been busted. Dont fall into the trap.

Just concentrate on the '65 war.

All Bangladeshi who are over active on this forum on India bashing please go through this post.

Well I can post 100 reasons why 1971 was a blessing in disguise. I have nothing against Bangladesh, but I'm happy they are not part of Pakistan. It was a ridiculous idea having a western wing and eastern wing in the first place.

But Bangladesh didnt "rejoin" india so I am happy :pakistan:

So my simple and easy question for Pakistani members is what was Pakistan's war objective in 1965 and did they met the objectives? Hoping to have some honest and transparent answers

Back
Top Bottom