What's new

Views of Pakistanis regarding 1965 war

So my simple and easy question for Pakistani members is what was Pakistan's war objective in 1965 and did they met the objectives? Hoping to have some honest and transparent answers

What was your objectives when invading Lahore. We kicked you out and you lost, Simple.

:pakistan:

I've even shown quoting the BBC News that India started the war by invading West Pakistan, yet they don't want to listen.

What was your objectives when invading Lahore. We kicked you out and you lost, Simple.

Our objective was just to deny the Pakistani objective (Liberate Kashmir) and we achieved that.

Lahore was just a small piece in the whole puzzle.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I've even shown quoting the BBC News that India started the war by invading West Pakistan, yet they don't want to listen.

War started when 1000s of trained SSG commandoes infiltrated Indian territory as a part of Op.Gibralter not any time afterwards. Infact even before India crossed the IB, tanks,arty and fighter planes were involved. If that was not war, I wonder what is.

:pakistan:

India's war objective was to save Kashmir from Pakistani attack. We did it and in response go near Lahore.Our objective was not to capture Lahore. So what was your war objective?

When a war has started (Pakistan invading Kashmir region - Operation Gibralter), opening a second front does not constitute the invasion.. Its just called tactical movements..

I don't know where the Bharatis are getting all these "Objectives" from, I guess this is what they get from their Bharati textbooks.

The Indian Army chief's said his objective was to have a drink in Lahore Gymkhana.

He failed in his objective.

Pakistan won :pakistan:

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

India's war objective was to save Kashmir from Pakistani attack. We did it and in response go near Lahore.Our objective was not to capture Lahore. So what was your war objective?

Thats not what your Indian Army Chief said. He said he would have a drink in Lahore Gym Khana but his objective was squashed and we sent you indians back with your tails in between your legs.

When a war has started (Pakistan invading Kashmir region - Operation Gibralter), opening a second front does not constitute the invasion.. Its just called tactical movements..

The Pakistan Army denied they invaded Kashmir. Pakistani troops did not start an operation in Kashmir in 1965. I don't think you understand that. It was India that initiated the war, as confirmed by the BBC article. And they were driven out.

If liberation of Kashmir from Indian 'occupation' was no the Pakistani objective, perhaps Bilal Haider could shed some light on what was the real objective.

Surely not having some Rogan Gosh for lunch, I presume :rolleyes:

The Indian Army chief's said his objective was to have a drink in Lahore Gymkhana.

He failed in his objective.

Pakistan won :pakistan:

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Thats not what your Indian Army Chief said. He said he would have a drink in Lahore Gym Khana but his objective was squashed and we sent you indians back with your tails in between your legs.

Ayub khan's war objective was breakfast in shrinagar, Lunch in Amrutsar and dinner in Delhi. You took those statements seriously?

The Pakistan Army denied they invaded Kashmir. Pakistani troops did not start an operation in Kashmir in 1965. I don't think you understand that. It was India that initiated the war, as confirmed by the BBC article. And they were driven out.

WTH ! You are denying even Op.Gibralter now ?

The long and short of his discussion with Gen Malik was, “don’t worry, because the plan to send in some 800,000 infiltrators inside the occupied territory to throw out the Indian troops with the help of the local population”, was so designed that the Indians would not be able retaliate and therefore the airforce need not get into war-time mode.

click

Please dont deny what even your ex-ACM who was in charge of PAF during '65 war said. Please.... That would be a new high in pakistani denial.:disagree:

ever damn source in the world says pakistan initiated operation gibraltar even you general admit it so why are you in denial

Why would we initiate war when we were badly beaten in 1962 , economy was hit by the war, and modernization of army was just started? Any logic?

Ahh BBC... I guess Pakistan air force chief Asghar Khan wouldn't know anything now, would he? He keeps going on & on about how Pakistan started the war. Haven't actually heard anybody senior in the Pakistani air force actually refute that statement, internet fan boys with their own history creationist ideas do not count, unfortunately.

WTF ! You are denying even Op.Gibralter now ?

The Pakistan military denied complicity:

The majority of the infiltrators were captured by the Indian troops, although some managed to escape. India accused the Pakistani government of sending and aiding the seditionists, and although Pakistan denied any complicity

Anyways, the perpetrators were caught, & India invaded West Pakistan almost two weeks later after that. Meaning that it was India that initiated the war by invading Pakistan.

If you want to use that as a barometer for the war, then let's go a little bit before. In 1956, India captured Rann of Kutch. In January 1965, Pakistan began patrolling in Indian occupied Rann of Kutch, & in April 1965, there were attacks by both countries (initiated by India) on each others posts.

Back
Top Bottom