What's new

Views of Pakistanis regarding 1965 war

The Pakistan military denied complicity:

Anyways, the perpetrators were caught, & India invaded West Pakistan almost two weeks later after that. Meaning that it was India that initiated the war by invading Pakistan.

If you want to use that as a barometer for the war, then let's go a little bit before. In 1956, India captured Rann of Kutch. In January 1965, Pakistan began patrolling in Indian occupied Rann of Kutch, & in April 1965, there were attacks by both countries (initiated by India) on each others posts.

Again I am just asking are you denying what your ex-ACM Nur Khan says (that Pakistani Army initiated the Op.Gibralter) regarding that ?

The long and short of his discussion with Gen Malik was, “don’t worry, because the plan to send in some 800,000 infiltrators inside the occupied territory to throw out the Indian troops with the help of the local population”, was so designed that the Indians would not be able retaliate and therefore the airforce need not get into war-time mode.

“The performance of the Army did not match that of the PAF mainly because the leadership was not as professional. They had planned the ‘Operation Gibraltar’ for self-glory rather than in the national interest. It was a wrong war. And they misled the nation with a big lie that India rather than Pakistan had provoked the war and that we were the victims of Indian aggression”, Air Marshal Khan said.

click

The Pakistan military denied complicity:

Anyways, the perpetrators were caught, & India invaded West Pakistan almost two weeks later after that. Meaning that it was India that initiated the war by invading Pakistan.

If you want to use that as a barometer for the war, then let's go a little bit before. In 1956, India captured Rann of Kutch. In January 1965, Pakistan began patrolling in Indian occupied Rann of Kutch, & in April 1965, there were attacks by both countries (initiated by India) on each others posts.

Occasional encounters is a different thing and wholesome war is different. Don't mix the things. India captured Siachin in 1984? You called that war? apply some logic.

Anyways, Kashmir is not Indian territory, it is disputed territory, & the LOC is not the IB, so it was India that started the war by invading Pakistan. After the insurgents in Kashmir were caught, India waited for many days, & tried to surprise Pakistan by attacking from 3 fronts, & Pakistan was not prepared, but it drove India out.

I hope people will agree with me when I say , the words of one anonymous Bilal Haider is in no way comparable to the words of ex-ACM Nur Khan who led the PAF during the '65 war.

Occasional encounters is a different thing and wholesome war is different. Don't mix the things. India captured Siachin in 1984? You called that war? apply some logic.

Operation Gibraltor was not a wholesome war either. The only wholesome was the war initiated by India when it crossed international borders.

Anyways, Kashmir is not Indian territory, it is disputed territory, & the LOC is not the IB, so it was India that started the war by invading Pakistan. After the insurgents in Kashmir were caught, India waited for many days, & tried to surprise Pakistan by attacking from 3 fronts, & Pakistan was not prepared, but it drove India out.

Bulshit logic.

If Pakistan was not prepared then why did the Generals launched Op.Gibralter ? Foolishness ?

Clearly you are getting more desperate after being busted on all 'fronts'.

In the words of ex-ACM Nur Khan,

“The performance of the Army did not match that of the PAF mainly because the leadership was not as professional. They had planned the ‘Operation Gibraltar’ for self-glory rather than in the national interest. It was a wrong war. And they misled the nation with a big lie that India rather than Pakistan had provoked the war and that we were the victims of Indian aggression”, Air Marshal Khan said.

click

I fear you are beginning to sound more and more like BATMAN with his crystal gazing abilities and weird logic.

This thread is finished. No satisfactory and factual answers from Pakistan counterpart. Objective met. :cheesy:

I hope people will agree with me when I say , the words of one anonymous Bilal Haider is in no way comparable to the words of ex-ACM Nur Khan who led the PAF during the '65 war.

I don't think the PAF officer was part of the ground troops force, was he? The Army denied complicity in the infiltration, & even if they were involved, Kashmir is not India's territory, it is disputed territory by international law. And a few months before that infiltration, it was India that fired on Pakistan at the Rann of Kutch. So it is India that provided the pre-escalation as well.

It was India that crossed international borders, not Pakistan.

If Kashmir is not Indian territory,then by the same logic,it is not Pakistani either.

Then why did Pakistan try to annex Kashmir by force?

what a stupid reasoning,attack on indian territiory whether disputed or not and its soldiers is a declaration of war,pakistan was completely prepared as it planned the operation first and had time to think about the consequences and had set objectives where as for india defending its territory was its only objective

If Kashmir is not Indian territory,then by the same logic,it is not Pakistani either.

Then why did Pakistan try to annex Kashmir by force?

Why did India try to annex Rann of Kutch by force before that? Why did it do the same with Hyderabad, Siachen, Junagarh?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

what a stupid reasoning,attack on indian territiory whether disputed or not and its soldiers is a declaration of war,pakistan was completely prepared as it planned the operation first and had time to think about the consequences and had set objectives where as for india defending its territory was its only objective

Kashmir is not Indian territory, so it was not an act of war. Lahore is Pakistani territory, so India initiating the attack by attacking Lahore is an act of war.

Why did India try to annex Rann of Kutch by force before that? Why did it do the same with Hyderabad, Siachen, Junagarh?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Kashmir is not Indian territory, so it was not an act of war. Lahore is Pakistani territory, so India initiating the attack by attacking Lahore is an act of war.

Kashmir is not Indian territory? Only in old UNO documents and some Pakistani minds. Get real dude.

I don't think the PAF officer was part of the ground troops force, was he? The Army denied complicity in the infiltration, & even if they were involved, Kashmir is not India's territory, it is disputed territory by international law. And a few months before that infiltration, it was India that fired on Pakistan at the Rann of Kutch. So it is India that provided the pre-escalation as well.

It was India that crossed international borders, not Pakistan.

My my...are you saying what the Air Chief Marshal, not some goddamned private, said is false ?

click

This is what he says by the words "They misled the whole nation".

New heights in denial. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

People dont argue anything other than '65 war.

The poster is trying desperately to somehow change the topic after being completely debunked in all his claims.

The way his successive post gets weirder is a testimony to that.

india claims kashmir as its territory as you said yourself earlier so it is indian territory for india,war is a war whether on disputed territory or not,china considers ap as disputed doesnt mean that they can attack india anytime and say its not a war since it invaded only a disputed territory

We cannot allow islands of foreign state,among the Indian territory.Historically Hyderabad was a part of British dominion in India,with Pakistan not claiming Hyderabad.Hence it goes to India.The case is similar to Baluchistan and Pakistan.

We had a peaceful plebiscite in Junagadh,unlike Kashmir.

And Kashmir became a part of India,the day Maharaja of Kashmir acceded to India.

How about you answer my question now?

Back
Top Bottom