What's new

Vietnamese communists call for end to communism

To Viet members, are these guys (they signed the letter) from military or just police?

Lieutenant-General Nguyen Trong Vinh
Lieutenant-General Le Duy Mat

hmmm, I don't think its just a warning. Because a warning can usually be done behind closed doors, under the table. No need to make it public if it is just warning and debate between party members.

The fact that they made it public means that the internal conflict must be pretty big and one side is getting frustrated.

General Nguyen Trong Vinh was Ambassador òf Vietnam in Peking for a time òf Sino - Vietnam war 1979.

So he is old, what about Le Duy Mat?

In most country, police also adopt military style ranking.
you are right. VN is no difference.
is it any of importance if he comes from the police or armed forces?

All retired. So they have no way but publicize the letter

you are right. VN is no difference.
is it any of importance if he comes from the police or armed forces?

All retired. So they have no way but publicize the letter

Well, I agree with the other thread by Yusheng that the Viet military will probably have the final decision when the internal conflict gets too crazy. And I believe that the Viet military is more pro-US than pro-China. That is why I was interested whether those two lieutenant general are from military or police.

So Viet military is more pro-US or pro-China? whats your opinion?

Well, I agree with the other thread by Yusheng that the Viet military will probably have the final decision when the internal conflict gets too crazy. And I believe that the Viet military is more pro-US than pro-China. That is why I was interested whether those two lieutenant general are from military or police.

So Viet military is more pro-US or pro-China? whats your opinion?
have you ever seen chinese and viet armies doing joint exercises? NO.
the likelyhood is high that the armed forces are pro-US. traditionally the army is trained and tailored to take on chinese army.

You could not believe, but Vietnam military pro Russia, never been pro China.
not sure on US / while I heard that some cooperation between Army, Coastguard with US counterparts.

Actually, that's my feeling, Vietnam military is independent force. not depend on foreign military.
At this moment, Vietnam media under authorized by govt, promote the feeling of glorious victory against China invasion just like the invasion by China in 1979.

So Vietnam military is anti-China at this moment. Especially, after the placement of HYSY 981 Oil Rig in Vietnam EEZ

General Le Duy Mat was vice-commador of Miltary Zone number 2, staffchef of Front HaGiang in time of Sino-Vietnam war 1979.

No doubt that, they would request to escape from China influence ...
that's why they would attract some attention from people ... because anti-China feeling raising in community, caused by recent provocation of China govt

I do not meant to question any view concerning China Vietnam military relationship.
But there is a recent news that I came across,

Vietnam, China to witness stronger military ties: defense official - CCTV News - CCTV.com English
Editor: Ren Zhongxi 丨Xinhua

07-31-2014 07:43 BJT

HANOI, July 30 (Xinhua) -- The relations between the armies of China and Vietnam will continue to witness new developments, a senior Vietnamese defense official said here Wednesday.

The friendly military ties between the two countries will be important pillars for the relationship between the two parties and the two nations, which accords with the expectation and interests of the people of the two countries, said Le Huu Duc, Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Defense.

Duc made the remarks at a reception held by the Chinese Embassy in Vietnam on Wednesday to mark the upcoming 87th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA).

Duc hailed the continuous development of China's PLA in the past 87 years, as well as the PLA's participation in both domestic disaster relief assistance and international humanitarian activities, as well as UN peace-keeping operations.

Is it possible? one day, Vietnam change the regime and pro-US, just like our friend Turkey, India, Burma, Ukraine, Taiwan, Thailand, Philipines, Singapore, Japan, Hongkong ...

Last edited:
You could not believe, but Vietnam military pro Russia, never been pro China.
not sure on US / while I heard that some cooperation between Army, Coastguard with US counterparts.

Actually, that's my feeling, Vietnam military is independent force. not depend on foreign military.
At this moment, Vietnam media under authorized by govt, promote the feeling of glorious victory against China invasion just like the invasion by China in 1979.

So Vietnam military is anti-China at this moment. Especially, after the placement of HYSY 981 Oil Rig in Vietnam EEZ

Yes Viet military is pro-Russian, ever since they were pro-Soviet. But I don't think its much use to talk about Russia since their level of influence in the Asia-Pacific region is not big, a lot smaller than China and US. At best, they can make some strong diplomatic words against China or US. But even the recent dispute shows that they won't.

My feeling is that, if the internal dispute inside the VCP gets too crazy, the side that has the support of the Viet military will win. And the pro-China faction is not really in a good position.

have you ever seen chinese and viet armies doing joint exercises? NO.
the likelyhood is high that the armed forces are pro-US. traditionally the army is trained and tailored to take on chinese army.
They did, 2013.06.22 Vietnam 2x frigates HQ011 & HQ012 visited China ZhenJiang military port, Sino-Vietnam frigates held joint exercises in the Northern Gulf.

中越最先进护卫舰海上联合演习
20130626030225646.jpg

As a overseas Vietnamese living in Germany, u really know nothing about ur motherland.

Is it possible? one day, Vietnam change the regime and pro-US, just like our friend Turkey, Burma, Ukraine, Taiwan, Thailand, Philipines, Singapore, Japan, Hongkong ...
Of course, just like ur other Vietamese who coming from Republic of Vietnam. Pro-US, they did it before ur guys 60 years ago.

Last edited:
Is it possible? one day, Vietnam change the regime and pro-US, just like our friend Turkey, Burma, Ukraine, Taiwan, Thailand, Philipines, Singapore, Japan, Hongkong ...

That is up to the VN people. Right now, I see that the VCP is under pressure from anti-china civilian public, China and US.

I mentioned this in the earlier thread about the possible VN colour revolution, the US is very clever!

who benefit if there's an innovation in VCP to pro-US, pro-Japan ? Who lose ?

Back
Top Bottom