What's new

Vietnam protests China's military exercise in South China Sea

LOL, stop mentally masturbating over this thread. I guess if the Chinese "taught" the Vietnamese, it is one of those instances where the student gave a lesson to the teacher :)

Worry about India first, are you admitting that huge India cannot even match to tiny Vietnam? After all, if we really lost in 1979, that means India is weaker than Vietnam since Vietnam > China > India.

LOL, stop mentally masturbating over this thread. I guess if the Chinese "taught" the Vietnamese, it is one of those instances where the student gave a lesson to the teacher :)

Well china secured every goals as schedule and won every single battle of the war and then withdraw in 1979 as we did with india in 1962, are you going to tell me 1962 is also mental masturbating?

Worry about India first, are you admitting that huge India cannot even match to tiny Vietnam? After all, if we really lost in 1979, that means India is weaker than Vietnam since Vietnam > China > India.

Why are you bringing India into this? Do you feel so insecure that you have to mention China's only succesful war in the past 60 years to make yourself feel better :disagree:

From an objective standpoint, yes, Vietnam in 1979 was more powerful militarily than India in 1962. In 1962 defence was on the bottom of India's priority list, while in 1979 Vietnam was fresh from a massive war with plenty of warfighting experience and a huge stockpile of equipment.

Well china secured every goals as schedule and won every single battle of the war and then withdraw in 1979 as we did with india in 1962, are you going to tell me 1962 is also mental masturbating?

1. What were China's goals in 1979?
2. Did China achieve those goals?

Educate yourself on the answers to those questions, and then come back.

1962 was a Chinese victory because China achieved its political goals, limited as they were.

Why are you bringing India into this? Do you feel so insecure that you have to mention China's only succesful war in the past 60 years to make yourself feel better :disagree:

From an objective standpoint, yes, Vietnam in 1979 was more powerful militarily than India in 1962. In 1962 defence was on the bottom of India's priority list, while in 1979 Vietnam was fresh from a massive war with plenty of warfighting experience and a huge stockpile of equipment.

Haha, maybe you think that way, but the fact is, without Chinese engineers and pilots training Vietnam's in the Vietnamese war, you honestly think they could defeat USAF? Vietnam can't even build a bicycle 10 years ago, where did their planes, pilots and SAMs come from? The sky? The reality is, Vietnam is about on the level of Ethiopia today. Ethiopia actually had a more successful war against Eritrea than Vietnam had against China.

Haha, maybe you think that way, but the fact is, without Chinese engineers and pilots training Vietnam's in the Vietnamese war, you honestly think they could defeat USAF? Vietnam can't even build a bicycle 10 years ago, where did their planes, pilots and SAMs come from? The sky? The reality is, Vietnam is about on the level of Ethiopia today. Ethiopia actually had a more successful war against Eritrea than Vietnam had against China.

The USSR did a lot more for Vietnam than China ever did.

Give credit where it is due.

Simple, its seems quite rediculous for a man with a sore a@s ranting baselessly like a so-called military expert which infact you know sh!t about the 1979 Sino-vietnam war, our objictive was never to conquer vietnam but to teach her a lesson after all the provokations at the border. Mission completed as planed, show me any credible source that China lost the war if not rant somewhere else.
Your intention was so obvious even a blind man could see, using the imaginated so-called China's defeat to mend your wounded ego from the humiliated defeat of 1962 Sino-Indo war.:lol:
No matter how hard you try, how many excuses as you claimed, you simply can't change history period.

You must be joking. Only local militia on China/vietnam border???

vietnam then always started the anti-china slogans already and it seems that China has lost its patience over vietnam's provocation. vietnam in fact knew China would initiate attack but just did not know when.

With all of that, they still put local militia along the border???

BTW, they handled it just fine? What kind of "fine" is that when China army has wiped out all of vietnam's defences in mountains and our tanks has reached the plain already where its capital can be seen? Its government was fleeing and that is still "fine"??? In addition, there was no strategic position then to defend any more before its capital.

Do you call this "fine"??? Considering China just finished its culture revolution while China's own military has also been attacked by those red guards and lacked training for many years?

Soviets didn't intervene because there was no need to intervene. Vietnam handled the war fine by itself, considering most of the regular Vietnamese Army units were stationed in Cambodia at the time, and the PLA mostly faced local militia.

As for the Soviet-Viet alliance, the largest overseas Soviet military base during the Cold War was at Camh Ranh Bay in Vietnam (I personally know a guy who was stationed there as part of a Tu-16 crew). The Soviet presence there was very important in limiting Chinese influence in Southeast Asia.

Simple, its seems quite rediculous for a man with a sore a@s ranting baselessly like a so-called military expert which infact you know sh!t about the 1979 Sino-vietnam war, our objictive was never to conquer vietnam but to teach her a lesson after all the provokations at the border. Mission completed as planed, show me any credible source that China lost the war if not rant somewhere else.
Your intention was so obvious even a blind man could see, using the imaginated so-called China's defeat to mend your wounded ego from the humiliated defeat of 1962 Sino-Indo war.:lol:
No matter how hard you try, how many excuses as you claimed, you simply can't change history period.

rant rant rant CHINA STRONG rant rant rant

Save your shyt for someone else. I'm not wasting my time on you.

You must be joking. Only local militia on China/vietnam border???

vietnam then always started the anti-china slogans already and it seems that China has lost its patience over vietnam's provocation. vietnam in fact knew China would initiate attack but just did not know when.

With all of that, they still put local militia along the border???

BTW, they handled it just fine? What kind of "fine" is that when China army has wiped out all of vietnam's defences in mountains and our tanks has reached the plain already where its capital can be seen? In addition, there was no strategic position then to defend any more before its capital.

Do you call this "fine"??? Considering China just finished its culture revolution while China's own military has also been attacked by those red guards and lacked training for many years?

Yes, they were just local militia. Most regular troops were in Cambodia at the time, with very few in the north.

And yes, they did fine, considering the Chinese withdrew without penetrating far into Vietnam, and considering they failed to inflict any permament territorial losses.

China's primary political goal in 1979 was to force Vietnam to withdraw their regular troops from their allly Cambodia. Vietnam was able to fend off the Chinese offensive while keeping their forces in Cambodia intact. So yes, China lost the war.

They did? Last time I checked the USSR couldn't bring a bullet to Vietnam without our railroads and the US controlled the sea. We controlled, directly, how much aid Vietnam will recieve. If there is more paperwork on one day, Vietnam's casualties go up. In addition, we trained their pilots, not the Soviets, and we provided maintenance crews, AAA crew, ground controllers and engineers; 150,000 engineers and anti-air crews from China fought in Vietnam, as opposed to only 2000 Russians.

China's aid was 3 times that of soviet union according to Vietnam's official statisitcs. Vietnam cannot sustain for a month only with the pityful ship supply from soviet union at Hai phong port. 170 k chinese army joined vietnam. primary goal of them was anti-aircraft warfare.

Early before american involvement, china began to help vietnam extensively. as far as i know a chinese anti-aircraft regiment directly got involved in Dien Bien Phu battle. china built vietnamnese army hand by hand. every company of ho chi min 's army has PLA officer and numerous vietnamnese officers went to PLA and chinese military colleges to receive training

They did? Last time I checked the USSR couldn't bring a bullet to Vietnam without our railroads and the US controlled the sea. We controlled, directly, how much aid Vietnam will recieve. If there is more paperwork on one day, Vietnam's casualties go up. In addition, we trained their pilots, not the Soviets, and we provided maintenance crews, AAA crew, ground controllers and engineers; 150,000 engineers and anti-air crews from China fought in Vietnam, as opposed to only 2000 Russians.

Believe it or not, airplanes existed by this time, and it was possible for the Soviets to airlift supplies into Vietnam. The VVS had the world's largest fleet of transport aircraft.

The majority of Vietnamese tanks, fighters, infantry weapons, SAMs, AAA, etc. were of Soviet origin. Considering most Chinese weapons were poor copies of Soviet weapons, why not just get the original thing?

There is nothing to do with you and you keep put those nonsense comments here. If I hear such rants from vietnam members, I still can understand that since they are from the concerned country. Well, you had better fcuk off from here.

rant rant rant CHINA STRONG rant rant rant

Save your shyt for someone else. I'm not wasting my time on you.

China's aid was 3 times that of soviet union according to Vietnam's official statisitcs. Vietnam cannot sustain for a month only with the pityful ship supply from soviet union at Hai phong port. 170 k chinese army joined vietnam. primary goal of them was anti-aircraft warfare.

Early before american involvement, china began to help vietnam extensively. as far as i know a chinese anti-aircraft regiment directly got involved in Dien Bien Phu battle. china built vietnamnese army hand by hand. every company of ho chi min 's army has PLA officer and numerous vietnamnese officers went to PLA and chinese military colleges to receive training

What exactly is your point? China helped Vietnam prior to the Sino-Soviet Split because it didn't want US presence near its border.

After the Sino-Soviet Split it was just the USSR helping Vietnam, which was apparently enough for Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom